DCE, Turbo and Seibold

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2011 walked out on the club
Next time you are in a toxic work environment you better not walk away.

Stay and suffer, roll around in it.

Kiss shoes and be trod on.

If someone offers you a route out for $$ say no.

@jbb/james and @Chip and Chase are the long term champions of a certain view of DCE, and I admit they put that view quite eloquently on occasion.
With zero formal credentials other than being an interested fan, my own view however is that he's been one of the top players in NRL for the last 12 years or more. Not the best, not the second best, but up in the top echelon. He does have weaknesses in his game and possibly in his temperament.

But a smart coach will know exactly what he is capable of. They all reckon Seibold is smart so I'm quite hopeful for next year, that DCE will be effective in a strong season for Manly.

Next time you are in a toxic work environment you better not walk away.

Stay and suffer, roll around in it.

Kiss shoes and be trod on.

If someone offers you a route out for $$ say no.
honour your contract....stick solid with the young men you helped develop. be a strong leader

honour your contract....stick solid with the young men you helped develop. be a strong leader
Honour your contract? They sacked him!
Be a leader? Yes show the example to your young charges, that one must always accept whatever conditions the mighty employer deigns to offer you. Be grateful, respect your superiors.
Great leadership that would be. Not!

1666512464944.png

Honour your contract? They sacked him!
Be a leader? Yes show the example to your young charges, that one must always accept whatever conditions the mighty employer deigns to offer you. Be grateful, respect your superiors.
Great leadership that would be. Not!
At the end of the day, after much success, he sh1t on us in our time of glory and left us in a poor position going forward.. Why? for a few more bucks. He then sh!t on the bullddogs and stupidly we had him back.. Move on , Des has had his time.

Oh wow, inspiring stuff.
I know im in a bit of a grumpy old mood today so don’t read into anything much but I might go gouge my eyes out now if you don’t mind.

After seeing what happened with the 7 this year for Des I think the better message is to trust noone. He backed them, right or wrong and the roll on effects not only ended his job, but burned his final coaching contract.

2011 he left, yes. This time he stuck around and fell on his sword for others. Even with the sword twisted in his chest he planned to see out his final season under unfavourable conditions. Also, despite disrespectful comments made by Penn to the media saying that “we need a football department to get us there (the premiership)”. Imagine your boss backstabbing you like that to 9 news 🤪

So Des learned his lessons from 2011. He stuck around in a toxic work environment for his players. What did it get him? What will it get you...

Apologies, naughty corner for me again I think, I need to move on. In the meantime, anyone got an apple?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's very reliable Bozo and does his best. No question about his commitment and he is a good defender (still think he's a mobile forward running out there in the backs). But I have to agree. He wont win you games. We need fleet footed clever players out there. Koula is obviously one. I'm hoping Weekes will be another.
He won’t win games but he also won’t lose you them. Still think we make the gf in 2021 if he’s in there instead of Suli vs Souths!

It is not too late to play DCE at Hooker but we need to blood an new young half back. Is Humphrey's ready yet? I would expect a period of transition would be required. DCE is 33 and will be 34 before next years kick off. He is coming to the end of his representative career and it looks like Cleary has dethroned him in the Australian squad. Its time to put Manly first. I have been an advocate of this change because DCE kicks well from dummy half, defends well in close and won't be defending on edges where he tends to race up and leave defender outside of him at sea. It makes sense to play a player where he will be of most benefit to the team. He should be prepared to put his hand up and make it easy for the coach.
Never going to happen TE, He wont be wanting to stick his neck into a scrum. DCE's got a bit of pull within the club, guess it comes with being at the one club for so long.

@jbb/james and @Chip and Chase are the long term champions of a certain view of DCE, and I admit they put that view quite eloquently on occasion.
With zero formal credentials other than being an interested fan, my own view however is that he's been one of the top players in NRL for the last 12 years or more. Not the best, not the second best, but up in the top echelon. He does have weaknesses in his game and possibly in his temperament.

But a smart coach will know exactly what he is capable of. They all reckon Seibold is smart so I'm quite hopeful for next year, that DCE will be effective in a strong season for Manly.

I'm agreeing with you 100% on this @SeaEagleRock8 It could be the Stone & Woods talking, after spending the last five hours moving boats and vehicles, out of the bloody flood zone again.

However, I think that Seibold has a great opportunity to unlock DCE, in a way that Des never managed to do (in his second coming anyway).

I'm prepared to wait and see how things change, before writing off ANY of the decisions that are made by the new coaching staff.

Dce will not be unlocked at 34. What we see now is what we will get next year.

We can hope for a more effective structure, but DCE is t going to suddenly dig into the line and take the hit, or complete a less glorious high percentage play instead of a highlight low percentage one.

I cannot believe we extended him, not because he is a bad player, but it was just a terrible decision

Dce will not be unlocked at 34. What we see now is what we will get next year.

We can hope for a more effective structure, but DCE is t going to suddenly dig into the line and take the hit, or complete a less glorious high percentage play instead of a highlight low percentage one.

I cannot believe we extended him, not because he is a bad player, but it was just a terrible decision
This is right up there with signing myles.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8