[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok ironstine, Who called him a ****?, he's has divided this team for years and he's still doing it, he's a cancer and not worth the money he's being paid.

A "cancer",,,,,really ?

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE is good half but should only playing one side of Tver iCL as he did in Origin 3. Barrett’s genius has him playing both sides

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He certainly isn't like a fine wine, not getting better with age. Same inconsistent performances this season as we saw last year. He's a divisive character who is a bit like a koala on here for most - protected species who gets all the excuses he needs. At what stage do we accept that we may not ever find the perfect 5/8 for him to play his natural game or the perfect forward pack to give him the front foot momentum that makes him shine as the best running half in the league. He has to learn to make the most of what we have and start taking ownership of this side and leading it around - I lost count of how many times this year when the game is in the balance he finds himself at dummy half throwing the ball out to someone else to make the play - the good clutch players are the ones who get into first receiver and make something happen. He's great defensively and a great backer upper for sure, but I want to see something that shows me he can consistently make us a competitive side.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
He certainly isn't like a fine wine, not getting better with age. Same inconsistent performances this season as we saw last year. He's a divisive character who is a bit like a koala on here for most - protected species who gets all the excuses he needs. At what stage do we accept that we may not ever find the perfect 5/8 for him to play his natural game or the perfect forward pack to give him the front foot momentum that makes him shine as the best running half in the league. He has to learn to make the most of what we have and start taking ownership of this side and leading it around - I lost count of how many times this year when the game is in the balance he finds himself at dummy half throwing the ball out to someone else to make the play - the good clutch players are the ones who get into first receiver and make something happen. He's great defensively and a great backer upper for sure, but I want to see something that shows me he can consistently make us a competitive side.
I agree with what you are saying but I think perspective on DCE is half the problem. He stepped in when Manly were in a peak period of success and was very good; excellent even. But he never had the type of game that was going to put him on the same level as a Thurston or Cronk because he doesn't have the right temperament. The early success and media hype led people to believe he would captain QLD, Australia and win us another couple of premierships. I just don't think he is in that class, regardless of who plays with him, coaches him or how he goes about restructuring his game.

I do think he is a decent FG footballer but that's about it...when you see him like this, you stop expecting more and his game doesn't look so bad. He is the Scott Prince of the Sea Eagles.

DCE is as good a half as we are ever going to get. Last year showed what a decent five eighth can do for him. This year we had croker and Walker and duck knows why hodkinson was bought if it was to be a reserve hooker. People say he needs a quality 6, well he got one in Munster and that dudes not an organising halfs boot strap. People also go on and on about Thurston playing both sides of the field but I reckon Morgan is a decent half. Jeez. The dude tries his heart out. He has show ponies like Tapaou missing basic tackles and throwing rubbish offloads all the time. He has API throwing the worst dummy half passes in NRL (waiting for your response Turbo 1) and he has a coach who thinks he is Wayne Bennet because the boys like drinking beer and playing cricket with him. Move on people. You know nothing John Snow.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Chez' SOO performance in a lost series and with minimal preparation to learn the QLD plays shows his quality.

Manly had him play 2 years without a 5/8, then most of this year without a hooker and 3 years with rookie second rowers :confused:

Chez's problem is trying to fill the missing expertise all on his own thereby weakening his position :cool:

Lets hope LG stays injury free and is around most of the season @:)

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member

Totally agree, careful you might get called an idiot for expressing your views.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let's look at the other 7's.

Cronk....ok better but next year is his last.
Croft....no
Reynolds.....no
Townsend....no
Nikorima....no
Hunt....no. He has way more shockers than DCE.
Jonhnson....no
Cleary......good player but early yet.
Moses....:rofl:.
Pearce....good player and were it not for that bald headed knob Greensnot, he'd be at Manly.
Taylor....no.
Thurston....rare talent but has his Grosbys on now.
Brooks.....save it.

You can't tell me most clubs wouldn't love to have DCE in their sides. So stop bagging the guy. He's done way more good than bad this year.
So he gets paid well. But he is a key part of our side and we would have been even more screwed than we were without him.

Last edited:
Let's look at the other 7's.

Cronk....ok better but next year is his last.
Croft....no
Reynolds.....no
Townsend....no
Nikorima....no
Hunt....no. He has way more shockers than DCE.
Jonhnson....no
Cleary......good player but early yet.
Moses....:rofl:.
Pearce....good player and were it not fall that bald headed knob Greensnot, he'd be at Manly.
Taylor....no.
Thurston....rare talent but has his Grosbys on now.
Brooks.....save it.

You can't tell me most clubs wouldn't love to have DCE in their sides. So stop bagging the guy. He's done way more good than bad this year.
So he gets paid well. But he is a key part of our side and we would have been even more screwed than we were without him.
I wish I could give this post more than a winner. Our coach was **** out half is great. That list sums it all up for the knockers. Who would you have over him? Cory Normans on 940K a year? DCE is a lucky dude. He gets to play footy for a living and gets paid well for it. Most of us here wish we had that life but we don't. We didn't get there for various reasons. Maybe just not good enough. NRL money is a pittance compared to other international sports. Tell me what a player has done tactically or effort-wise wrong I can maybe debate or agree with you. Harbour a bogan grudge because someone earns more money than you... I can't even begin to reason with you because you are stuck in a poor me trump worshiping life where there is nothing but a constant whine to make yourself feel important.

Class of 96

Bencher
And the thing is, he is not really overpaid compared to others. You don’t get much change out of a mill these days for a halfback. What screwed people’s opionions was the length of the contract. He may well be under the mark in the last 3 years of his contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18