[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mozgrame

Engorged member
Oh, fukc me sideways.

Pussies...pussies everywhere! Not one of them with a 7 on his back. You'll have to look a lot closer to home to see them.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
DCE is surrounded by a bunch of lost players including himself.
he is not a leader to get us out of this.
Jake needs to be captain in 2019, period.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
DCE is surrounded by a bunch of lost players including himself.
he is not a leader to get us out of this.
Jake needs to be captain in 2019, period.
You mean the Jake who had that tough talk to the boys in a huddle after Manly went well ahead and had all the ascendency? The Jake that told the boys to stay focused, that the job wasn't done, and they would do it for the fans? How well did that lift the boys?

You mean the Jake who had that tough talk to the boys in a huddle after Manly went well ahead and had all the ascendency? The Jake that told the boys to stay focused, that the job wasn't done, and they would do it for the fans? How well did that lift the boys?
That doesn't make him a bad leader. Jake let's his actions do the talking. If the others can't get inspired by someone who gives it his all every game, then they need to get their heads inspected.

Class of 96

Bencher
DC4DE06F-8F8D-4A33-ADD0-732679B38545.jpeg

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
The thing with DCE is he is not an organising halfback. He has individual brilliance, but can't direct his team around the park, and like today, be the type of halfback that can drive a game home with 15mins to play. That is not saying that the loss today was all his fault.

we need a good quality half or 5/8 badly, and depending on who we get determines where DCE plays.

good luck to him regarding the money he is on, but we put too many eggs in one basket with this one.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Cherry is Captain, yet there is not a lot of talk around his captaincy.

His Captaincy is a poor one that has led Manly to an impoverished position. The worst Manly Captain since Steve Menzies.

malroon

Reserve Grader

you sure it was the manly team he was talking to..???

TokyoEagle

Bencher
You can't question his effort. Puts in 100% every game. One of, if not the best, defensive halves in the comp.

IMO, his natural game is at 6. We need to structure our play to have him second off the ruck giving him more time to coordinate his attack.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
BS UP BS DOWN BS EVERYWHERE I LOOK.

Very simple answer to so much on this thread.

Try and follow ok....

DCE pre 2016 - GF winner. Clive Churchill medal winner on a losing side. QLD rep, Aus Rep. A player who had so much ability.

DCE post 2016 - struggle street with flashes of brilliance.

Ok so this is where I really need you to concentrate. Are you listening? Ok will type really slowly...

The reason: Trent Barrett and John Cartwright.

The end.

qldeagle

Bencher
For a long time I wasn't a fan of DCE, I think it all started from his cash grab, but after a few scotches on night, I realised that I was just using him as a target for my frustrations about everything that is wrong with the club.

I think he is poorly coached at the moment.

Yesterday when young Wright was at 5/8 DCE was playing both sides of the ruck, the young fella hardly touched the ball, and had little opportunity to show us his "game".

When Wright was replaced DCE concentrated his attack on the right and Hodgo the left and our attack looked better. DCE is much better running the ball at the line and he did that when Wright wasn't on the field, but his game changed when the young bloke was at 5/8 to just passing the ball one of the ruck. If you pick Wright at 5/8 you have to let him play his natural game.

Only the eternal rookie could have had DCE structure his game that way. Look how DCE played at SOO, look back at how Tooves had him playing.

I willing to give DCE benefit of the doubt here and give him a go. As for Barrett well to quote the post that got me banned from the Sea Eagles Facebook page in 2016, the best thing we can do with Barrett is to turn him sideways and shove him up Penn's ar$e.
DCE reckons he's been coached brilliantly this year from our master coach Go figure

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18