Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker was **** last season.

Just amazed me that there were some on here thinking he’d be better in season 21.

He’s worse than **** now , he’s absolute ****!!

If he gets re-signed for 2022 that could almost do it for me.

Ive been through some great times and some not so great times but if he’s the hooker or bench hooker in season 22 the Manly Sea Eagles will have completely , absolutely and thoroughly lost the plot.

Just amazed me that there were some on here thinking he’d be better in season 21.

He’s worse than ** now , he’s absolute **!!

Ive been through some great times and some not so great times but if he’s the hooker or bench hooker in season 22 the Manly Sea Eagles will have completely , absolutely and thoroughly lost the plot.
Along with their chance of winning games

Croker has always been crap. He was crap at Canberra, but he has developed into a whole new level of crappiness here with us this year. The whole team looks crap with him at nine. Its like anything he touches at the moment turns to crap, including the form of our key players (DCE et al). We wont improve as a team until he has gone.

I was one of them that thought Croker would be ok. I never expected him to light it up but expected he could do a job starting for 20 mins. He just doesn't even seem to try or care which is odd considering how hard he had to fight back from injury to regain a 1st grade spot, You'd think he'd grab the opportunity with both hands and have a good hard dig but he just plays disinterested and goes through the motions. Cust has to start or come on at the 15 minute mark at the very least!

Can I just add, IF Croker gets a Qld Cup gig, I advise to keep away from Levi's team or Croker will live on the bench

Croker is the worst first grader to have such a long career I have ever seen. I really wanted him to surprise me this season, instead he has been even worse than expected.

He’s lazy in defence. When an attacker is standing with two guys on him nearby he just jogs back into the defensive line instead of coming in finishing the tackle and slowing the play down. His first contact is hopeless and his technique is all about throwing the opposing forwards towards our line on their guts for a quick play the ball. He doesn’t wrap the ball up and is often offloaded on. He is poor in kick pressure, his job should be to get into marker and pressure the halves on the last - like other 9s (who play for 80) can manage. He offers no line speed.

In attack he doesn’t attract the markers or get over the advantage line. He isn’t an offload target as he has no speed. He doesn’t seem to be able to serve the ball to wider running players. He encourages no leg speed from our forwards. He doesn’t scoot on quick play the balls. He passes too often behind the halves or above their heads. He hasn’t even offered a kicking solution to help Cherry and Foz.
Very well put

I don’t mind Croker starting if he only plays 20 mins and then Cust plays the rest... then Cust and Lawton can share minutes when he’s fit
I actually see Lawton as our starting nine (when fit), and Cust coming on the bench to provide impact for 30-40 minutes, every game. I see no reason for Croker to play anything more then a backup role for injuries to Lawton/Cust after Lawton gets a start with us.

It occurs to me Cust might be considered superior to Croker simply because he's had less time on the field in which to demonstrate his shortcomings!
Let's face it, as players each may have some redeeming quality or bit of potential or something, but as NRL dummy halves they are both rank novices and trying to learn on the job. They both have a fair way to go but Manly has no more time to spare!

No way Croker should be hooker. Very obvious the service is too predictable and inconsistent. Cust has some attacking flair, but I would have Foran sharing with Cust at hooker. Both clever players, who know how to give good service and opens the door for Schuster at 5/8. That combination looks to me far more stable and increases the attacking options.

Croker has his limitations . I am being kind but i think des picks him due to defence. We concede 80 points a game. We havnt won since brandavino was sold by the case and as far as i see croker and jake pretty much do all the middle tackling. Its the biggest loss out of the api to the riff moment

We have a few lazy mothers and croker does stick his head in places others dont.

Not much of a dummy half though

Just as jakes game has suffered from being first receiver for another shirker, the frog is paying some price, not all , for some other shirkers

Croker has his limitations . I am being kind but i think des picks him due to defence. We concede 80 points a game. We havnt won since brandavino was sold by the case and as far as i see croker and jake pretty much do all the middle tackling. Its the biggest loss out of the api to the riff moment

We have a few lazy mothers and croker does stick his head in places others dont.

Just as jakes game has suffered from being first receiver for another shirker, the frog is paying some price, not all , for some other shirkers

Brandivino, right up there with Corio whiskey

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4