Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cust vs Croker at 9

Supreme Leader

Bencher
Reaction score
My side

1. Harper / Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Cust / Rotation with Foran (14)
10. Aloaia
11. Jake
12. Davey
13. Saddler

14. Foran
15. Paseka
16. Haumole
17. Sipley (deserves it after Sunday)

Understand Dessie's faith but enough is enough. This team has go forward, better speed. Hopefully more heart. Saddler needs an opportunity, Jake needs to play a different role, everyone's got his number now.

I'd rather loose by 20 with this team than what we currently have.

winnyason

Bencher
Reaction score
My side

1. Harper / Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Cust / Rotation with Foran (14)
10. Aloaia
11. Jake
12. Davey
13. Saddler

14. Foran
15. Paseka
16. Haumole
17. Sipley (deserves it after Sunday)

Understand Dessie's faith but enough is enough. This team has go forward, better speed. Hopefully more heart. Saddler needs an opportunity, Jake needs to play a different role, everyone's got his number now.

I'd rather loose by 20 with this team than what we currently have.
Saddler impressive in every game I seen of him

Reaction score
I still think Croker can do his job as our starting 9 for 20 minutes. He was definitely pacing himself last week as he knew he had to play the whole 80. He even said himself that he wasn't sure if he could!
Give him a job to go hard for 20 minutes and we might see a few scoots and a bit more energy. But after 20 we really need to bring on Cust to finish the game. I don't think Cust would play 80 effectively either so we probably need to stick with Croker as our starter.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reaction score
I still think Croker can do his job as our starting 9 for 20 minutes. He was definitely pacing himself last week as he knew he had to play the whole 80. He even said himself that he wasn't sure if he could!
Give him a job to go hard for 20 minutes and we might see a few scoots and a bit more energy. But after 20 we really need to bring on Cust to finish the game. I don't think Cust would play 80 effectively either so we probably need to stick with Croker as our starter.
This is the obvious call unless you intend to play Schuster (or Foz) at 9...

we DO NOT have anyone capable of playing 80 (good) minutes at 9 so you need 2 players out of Cust, Croker, Foz and Schuster (unless ZDC or someone else is promoted which we KNOW will not happen)...

Croker did nothing on the weekend but I dont see how he gets replaced unless Cust comes in and Schuster or Foz are moved to 9 for 15-20min stints...

manlyfan76

Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des will be Des and stick with proven plodders, injury crocks and non performers until the season is f***ed. In other words watch for Taufua, Parker, Garrick, Croker, Cust, Gosiewski, Morgan, Foran to feature heavily while the likes of Schuster, Olakuatu, Saab, Ben Turbo, Tuilobotomy etc bench sit.
Fast forward and here we are.

Tomay

Bencher
Reaction score
Croker is the worst first grader to have such a long career I have ever seen. I really wanted him to surprise me this season, instead he has been even worse than expected.

He’s lazy in defence. When an attacker is standing with two guys on him nearby he just jogs back into the defensive line instead of coming in finishing the tackle and slowing the play down. His first contact is hopeless and his technique is all about throwing the opposing forwards towards our line on their guts for a quick play the ball. He doesn’t wrap the ball up and is often offloaded on. He is poor in kick pressure, his job should be to get into marker and pressure the halves on the last - like other 9s (who play for 80) can manage. He offers no line speed.

In attack he doesn’t attract the markers or get over the advantage line. He isn’t an offload target as he has no speed. He doesn’t seem to be able to serve the ball to wider running players. He encourages no leg speed from our forwards. He doesn’t scoot on quick play the balls. He passes too often behind the halves or above their heads. He hasn’t even offered a kicking solution to help Cherry and Foz.

Reaction score
the thing about Cust is that he looks like he will be a genuine first grader, which I don't think Croker does even after a lot of time and opportunity. So Cust has to be given the job, or at least a lot of minutes, and challenged to show what he has got to offer. Some errors may well follow but so will progress and improvement, and I really don't see either out of Croker who I think, unfortunately, is playing about as well as he can.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Croker was **** last season.

Just amazed me that there were some on here thinking he’d be better in season 21.

He’s worse than **** now , he’s absolute ****!!

If he gets re-signed for 2022 that could almost do it for me.

Ive been through some great times and some not so great times but if he’s the hooker or bench hooker in season 22 the Manly Sea Eagles will have completely , absolutely and thoroughly lost the plot.

Rafferty

Reserve Grader
Reaction score

Just amazed me that there were some on here thinking he’d be better in season 21.

He’s worse than ** now , he’s absolute **!!

Ive been through some great times and some not so great times but if he’s the hooker or bench hooker in season 22 the Manly Sea Eagles will have completely , absolutely and thoroughly lost the plot.
Along with their chance of winning games

Simmo66

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

Croker has always been crap. He was crap at Canberra, but he has developed into a whole new level of crappiness here with us this year. The whole team looks crap with him at nine. Its like anything he touches at the moment turns to crap, including the form of our key players (DCE et al). We wont improve as a team until he has gone.

Reaction score

I was one of them that thought Croker would be ok. I never expected him to light it up but expected he could do a job starting for 20 mins. He just doesn't even seem to try or care which is odd considering how hard he had to fight back from injury to regain a 1st grade spot, You'd think he'd grab the opportunity with both hands and have a good hard dig but he just plays disinterested and goes through the motions. Cust has to start or come on at the 15 minute mark at the very least!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I just add, IF Croker gets a Qld Cup gig, I advise to keep away from Levi's team or Croker will live on the bench

eagleron

Bencher
Reaction score
Croker is the worst first grader to have such a long career I have ever seen. I really wanted him to surprise me this season, instead he has been even worse than expected.

He’s lazy in defence. When an attacker is standing with two guys on him nearby he just jogs back into the defensive line instead of coming in finishing the tackle and slowing the play down. His first contact is hopeless and his technique is all about throwing the opposing forwards towards our line on their guts for a quick play the ball. He doesn’t wrap the ball up and is often offloaded on. He is poor in kick pressure, his job should be to get into marker and pressure the halves on the last - like other 9s (who play for 80) can manage. He offers no line speed.

In attack he doesn’t attract the markers or get over the advantage line. He isn’t an offload target as he has no speed. He doesn’t seem to be able to serve the ball to wider running players. He encourages no leg speed from our forwards. He doesn’t scoot on quick play the balls. He passes too often behind the halves or above their heads. He hasn’t even offered a kicking solution to help Cherry and Foz.
Very well put

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 6 6 0 0 122 12
2 Rabbitohs 6 5 0 1 87 10
3 Eels 6 5 0 1 61 10
4 Storm 6 4 0 2 86 8
5 Roosters 6 4 0 2 78 8
6 Dragons 6 4 0 2 36 8
7 Titans 6 3 0 3 9 6
8 Warriors 6 3 0 3 -3 6