Cust Gone ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forwards looking pretty powerful I must say but bugger all back up in the backs.
With Cust gone and Walker still to be confirmed, the obvious gap is a player who can cover both halves and dummy half. And presumably better than Cust could.
Current list:
2 fullbacks
4 wingers
2 centres
1 5/8
1 half
8 props (not including Marty or Jake)
2 locks (Jake & Marty)
5 second rowers
1 hooker

Flegg hooker Jack Birt is promising, and GCKT has been given a development contract. But they may be a year or so away from nrl.

My guess is we would be talking to guys like these, they are not untried kids, all have shown some ability at times and each has played a bit of dummy half.
Chanel Harris-Tevita, Ray Stone, Adam Keighran

With Cust gone and Walker still to be confirmed, the obvious gap is a player who can cover both halves and dummy half. And presumably better than Cust could.
Being mid November, pre-season training should be starting very soon. With Cust's release last night, I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement or two next week - a halves/dummy half cover, a Walker resolution, or hopefully something. Fingers crossed anyway...

The good news is he could be back in a year or two. This resembles the Ben Farrar story about a decade ago.
Good point, only released to Super League only. Ben Farrar, this guy could of been anything came from Nth Qld I believe, for lots of reasons his time with us was one setback after another.

Never said he was an experienced NRL 7.

He was a half. So has experience in the halves if he had to play there.
And he’s experienced in the NRL - 2nd row, 9, utility.
I am asking what game time ge has actually played at 7? I never said he was experienced either, I'm simply asking what "experience"does he have as a half?

I'm simply asking what "experience"does he have as a half?
He's played five eighth in lower grades (don't know about halfback). In the NRL, he's played 64 matches - 21 hooker, 33 bench, 9 second row, 1 centre.

Not sure on that one Joe , admittedly have only seen him play briefly but would be surprised if he [ Zane ] would be [ or rated ] at i st grade NRL standard from what i noticed . Maybe you have seen something better from him but i would even rate Humphries ahead of him now and Jamie still has some way to go for i st grade level . E S L will be a good challenge for Cade , would have preferred for him to stay and primarily for depth but guess that factor alone gave him enough reasons to look at that ESL option ,. Plus the opportunity for a bit of interesting lifestyle and travel experience while he is over there and the Manly i st option for him when he returns is a positive for Manly .. Can only see Foz as a viable 7 alternative if D C E for now .
No worries Al,who is still on the market and better though?
I am talking about who could be added to the squad to replace him,without a doubt he is inexperienced,but give him more time at Workers and see what happens,all rookies are a gamble.

Just checked Foran's stats - 21 games as halfback - 8 for Eels & 13 for Dogs.

Can't really comment but Smokin Joe may be able to, what is Zane Harris like? Has played for Workers and our Flegg teams albeit during the COVID era. Has been picked at 9 and played 7.

What's that 6 players gone next year and we sign 1 so far and ? on Walker. Interesting times. Glad to see we must have some cash in the kitty.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4