Cust Gone ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like Cust but feel he is quite overrated on this forum.
Agreed, I certainly overrate him massively.
Never Mind What GIF by US National Archives

I think it's the fact that he's an alternative. At the moment we have Croker for hooker with Lawton as back up. DCE, Foz and Schu for the halves. That's not much depth

Maybe...but look at what playing in the ESL did for Jackson Hastings at his young age and similarly it could well improve Cust.
Each to their own...I like him and with Foz gone I'd be very happy to have him back.
Oh dont get me wrong, I'd happily have him back. Though I'd see him as depth, dont see him a starter for a team hoping to contend

Interesting one with Cade , from some of the highlight packages with him in the E S L , looks like his tactical passing and kicking game has gone to another level . A bit more room to move and less defensive pressure in the comp there in the main but never less , seems to be going well over there Not that bad a defensive player and fairly sharp with his stepping ability when previously in the N R L , probably would return as an improved player , Just not sure of the arrangement with his Wigan transfer but would assume that he would be a free agent soon and in any intention to return the the N R L . Naturally would prefer to be a starting half in the N R L , handy player to have in any club , whether he would come into calculations to be a serious choice as a Manly 6 could be an entirely different matter with Schuster, possibly Weekes and soon Latu Fainu in the mix also .

Perhaps we should bring back cliffy as well? Cust was a solid player. Nothing more nothing less.
Obviously he was way better than DCE according the the chatter around here but unfortunately just didn't get his chance to shine.
Its amazing how the mood has nosedived over the past month or so but needs must I guess.

Tbf Cust never cemented his spot either
Bit rough, cust had limited opportunities to do so. How many nrl games did he play? Maybe 12? It has taken Croker 5 plus years with Manly to even get up to standard of a first grade player. Even now his ability is still questionable. I wonder over their years what warranted his selection or spot on the roster. Because in my eyes he did nothing to cement it either. Anyway

Cust aint coming back unless schuster or dce leave he is old enough to be a starter not a backup. He will make a lot more money in the esl than here.

Bit rough, cust had limited opportunities to do so. How many nrl games did he play? Maybe 12?
27 according to Wikipedia. I think he would be a handy pickup.

As for Croker, he has now played 70 FG games for Manly (+1 appearance with Canberra), so he is entering Des’s sweet spot, to qualify as an experienced and very competent first grader.

Its amazing how the mood has nosedived over the past month or so but needs must I guess.
Not really amazing at all, EoL. Apart from the strong effort against the Eels, we haven't looked like winning a game in that time. So the change in mood is definitely understandable. But we can still be thankful we're not Bulldogs supporters:)

Not really amazing at all, EoL. Apart from the strong effort against the Eels, we haven't looked like winning a game in that time. So the change in mood is definitely understandable. But we can still be thankful we're not Bulldogs supporters:)
Or warriors. Or tigers. Or half the other sides in the NRL.

Perhaps we should bring back cliffy as well? Cust was a solid player. Nothing more nothing less.
Obviously he was way better than DCE according the the chatter around here but unfortunately just didn't get his chance to shine.
The doomsdayers are all up and about on here kicking the dog for wagging his tail only once and spitting on the misses for making bacon and eggs for breaky but with only 1 piece of toast instead of two. Nothing in these people's lives is ever quite good enough and their view of how it really is or how it really was in this case with Cust never ever matches the reality!!

See Elliott is getting a run on the wing for the Cows this week?! I hope he plays well. He filled in admirably for us in 2019.
Loved him as a player @Snake - all effort - no errors - would have him back in a heartbeat as a great backup. Great to see - hope he plays well which there is no doubt he will. Never super but he always played well. The caning he got on here was unbelievable and then with Turbo missing gee we could use him now - Garrick back to the wing - Tui in the centres with Koula! Mind you Garrick is playing fab back there (except with Jorge on the wing causing havoc the other night in NOT defusing bombs) but... we still have Harper... an Elliott type means no Harper.

Loved him as a player @Snake - all effort - no errors - would have him back in a heartbeat as a great backup. Great to see - hope he plays well which there is no doubt he will. Never super but he always played well. The caning he got on here was unbelievable and then with Turbo missing gee we could use him now - Garrick back to the wing - Tui in the centres with Koula! Mind you Garrick is playing fab back there (except with Jorge on the wing causing havoc the other night in NOT defusing bombs) but... we still have Harper... an Elliott type means no Harper.
Garrick is slowly starting to warm into the role. Elliott was always professional in his time with us. I think he could have been something, if he just developed a bit of a passing game; he’d baulk at a 2 on 1. Everything else was top notch.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10