Corey Waddell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Played like a halfback today, shows he will be very capable of taking over Thompson’s edge next season should Thommo move overseas.

Not for me. Waddell is a middle.
Leave him exactly where he is.
I don’t think he has been though - could well be wrong, but from the small bits I’ve seen of his U20s career, he played on the edge.

Having said that - I agree he’s doing an awesome job of it in the middle!

I noticed Brandy in commentary wrapping Waddell deluxe every time he touched the ball or made a tackle, which was interesting as I’m pretty sure he was part of the Panthers board that agreed to release him to Manly.
AND the same board who agreed to pay Frankie Winterstein in his place...!!!

Corey's positional play and offloads are a true revelation for a forward :clap:
When DCE went off (and I was able to stop blubbering :sweating:), I just kept seeing No.16 pop up everywhere in the middle, throwing cut out, quick shift passes....I was like "fkn hang on a minute, things might not be so grim". I know Siro stepped up too, but for a young bloke playing his first year in first grade, it was outstanding.
Early days I know, but we’ve had fuk all to be happy about in the last cpl years, I’m just going with it.:clap:

I noticed Brandy in commentary wrapping Waddell deluxe every time he touched the ball or made a tackle, which was interesting as I’m pretty sure he was part of the Panthers board that agreed to release him to Manly.
The decision to release him to us was probably not so much because they didn’t rate him but rather the Panthers backrow stocks were pretty impressive, eg they let Corey H-N go to the Dogs because they had so much depth (no doubt to ease some cap pressure too).

When clubs let fringe players go to pursue opportunities elsewhere, id imagine the people involved wish them nothing but the best. Brandy sounded genuinely stoked for him and it is kind of a win for the Panthers system too.

No use debating whether he is a middle forward or an edge player.He is playing the role Des gives him and thats what we need .I bet this guy will excel where ever he is put.Big engine and a lot of heart ,with skills to boot.

The decision to release him to us was probably not so much because they didn’t rate him but rather the Panthers backrow stocks were pretty impressive, eg they let Corey H-N go to the Dogs because they had so much depth (no doubt to ease some cap pressure too).

When clubs let fringe players go to pursue opportunities elsewhere, id imagine the people involved wish them nothing but the best. Brandy sounded genuinely stoked for him and it is kind of a win for the Panthers system too.
Absolutely. Being the son of a former player (and one that Brandy played with), must’ve been purely about salary cap pressures trying to keep all their young guns together. I’ve no doubt Brandy would’ve been as proud as punch for Corey yesterday, not just for himself, but for his old playing mate Steve.

He is the missing link in our pack. We needed another workhorse forward to support Jake and Api/Fainu and he fits the bill perfectly. Runs at the line hard, has a great offload, tackles like a machine, hits like a freight train and has a good pass on him too. I see a lot of similarities between him and Jake. Would be a fantastic lock if we didn't have Jake but he'll make one of the edges his own anyway. Fantastic player.

This guy is a gun. Reminded me of Jake when jake had only played a few NRL games and was in the middle pushing players to the side and directing play playing way above his years.

Waddell was the same yesterday, was in everything and jumped into 5/8 with confidence. Guy has all the attributes

The bloke is a pure footballer and we have picked up a future young star here....hope he works those flat balls at the line to Kapow inside that 10m line more, Kapow should be utilised more in this sector of the field and was stoked to see this play unfold so sweetly, almost impossible to stop when the execution and timing are on song.....things are looking on the up big time.
Another thing that really stood out is Waddells energy....most forwards either hit the ball up, or pass and they drop off the play.
Waddell passes and then supports offering another attacking option, which takes heat off the carrier, plus pushes his mates up onto the ball with him like the 2nd phase where he hit Jake who had Croker off his hip to give Manly the lead.....he was even at times a first reciever and played outside early and was wrapping the ball carrier to make numbers.....this bloke is legitimate footy player from the old school, using instincts and effort....separating him from the robotic structured players of today....very hard to train to defend a Natural footballer who plays what he sees, not off a playbook.

Last edited:
This guy is a gun. Reminded me of Jake when jake had only played a few NRL games and was in the middle pushing players to the side and directing play playing way above his years.

Waddell was the same yesterday, was in everything and jumped into 5/8 with confidence. Guy has all the attributes
Was he playing at 5/8? Thought he moved to the right edge with Sirro moving in to first receiver.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10