Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reeks of him looking ahead and realizing QLD are looking shaky and taking an easy option

Cop out IMO
I think the press have let him off lightly. His decision to leave it until 2 weeks out from selection is a very selfish one and has left his coach and team mates in the lurch. He should be called out on it. His reason for feeling sorer after games for longer than usual, didn't happen over the past few weeks. He would have had to have noticed that much earlier. I think he has seen the difference at club level of losing Cronk and he was not going to expose himself to an origin series without Thurston or Cronk. His decision did not consider anyone but himself.

Now we just have to wait for greenburg to say he wants to rename the origin trophy to the cam smith memorial greatest guy ever trophy.

:sick::sick::sick:

Maybe Matty ballin will finally get his shot?
Speaking of Matty Ballin:
I agree Scam has been good for Qld and AU in the rep scene, and yes value for money :) for Storm
BUT:
I have two enduring memories of Scam Smith:
1. Elbowing Matty B in the face, for having the temerity of tackling Smith
2. Arguing with the refs about the penalty awarded when Alex McKinnon was torpedo tackled, and carrying on with it, cause 'he just couldn't be wrong' and the ref (in his mind) should back down.

His attitude was all about winning the prizes, and never about sportsmanship. You can see it in his interviews, you can see it with his on-field attitude to the referees,

NRL will be better off without him, in the same way that the Dogs have been better off without Ennis.

The thing that is wrong about the media manipulation of the greatness of this grot is that in years to come (if the game is still around) kids will think he was some sort of dally messenger.
He is not.
And to say things like the greatest hooker of all time is a fraudulent disgrace.
Again...
He is not.
He would never have won a scrum in his life and up against a real hooker/forward like Steve Walters or Benny Elias, who played in the wildest time in the game, he wouldn't know what hit him.

Could not agree more. Can’t stand him, he is a myth.

Scam has always been a media darling, so he has been talked up so much and made to look better than what he actually is skill wise. He can kick some goals but seriously he is not that great.

What he actually is though, is a dirty grub and a cheater both on and off the field. He should have been suspended 40 or more times plus by now. He was not suspended in the 2008 GF for nothing. He is a dead set cheating grub always has been and always will be.

Now blokes like Jamie Lyon for instance, who is a genuine nice guy on and off the field, brilliant footballer and humble. How did the media treat him? Jamie and Scam obviously play(ed) different positions, but the differences dont stop there. Yet one is sickeningly glorified by the media, beggars belief really.

Scam has always done what is good for Scam and has a win at all costs mentality. He has zero care for what he and the purple scum have introduced into our game. Scam, Studs Slater, Bellyache and his scum team mates are all blight on the game.

Good riddance to low life Scam scum.

Last edited:
Could not agree more!
I can accept people saying that he has been one of the most successful players in the past decade (if you ignore the fact that he played in a cheating side for most of his career, and that any such facts should probably be thrown out) but to say that he is one of the greatest to have played is an absolute blight on the game of rugby league. I sincerely hope that no child grows up thinking they were privileged to witness Scam play, nothing he has done has brought any excitement into the game and, any innovation he has brought has been to its detriment i.e. wrestle, brown nosing refs and all round general grubbiness. The worst thing about his implied "greatness" is that it speaks volumes about the current state of the game.

Well said....!! Totally agree.

Could not agree more. Can’t stand him, he is a myth.

Scam has always been a media darling, so he has been talked up so much and made to look better than what he actually is skill wise. He can kick some goals but seriously he is not that great.

What he actually is though, is a dirty grub and a cheater both on and off the field. He should have been suspended 40 or more times plus by now. He was not suspended in the 2008 GF for nothing. He is a dead set cheating grub always has been and always will be.

Now blokes like Jamie Lyon for instance, who is a genuine nice guy on and off the field, brilliant footballer and humble. How did the media treat him? Jamie and Scam obviously play(ed) different positions, but the differences dont stop there. Yet one is sickeningly glorified by the media, beggars belief really.

Scam has always done what is good for Scam and has a win at all costs mentality. He has zero care for what he and the purple scum have introduced into our game. Scam, Studs Slater, Bellyache and his scum team mates are all blight on the game.

Good riddance to low life Scam scum.
Yeah definitely.
I think the media adulation of him says more about them than the truth about him.

I think Vonnie has some adulation as well, apparently!!

She certainly gushes over anything and anyone in Maroon!

I've been saying for 2 or 3 years now that whenever she has to talk about an all NSW game (including Canberra, how they are counted these days as NSW is beyond me, but I digress), she looks bored and the smiles look forced. But include one of her beloved Qld teams, or have both teams from Hillbilly Land, and she creams her knickers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8