Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Many of the game's greats were not averse to a bit of gamesmanship or pushing the boundaries in one way or another.
And I'll give Smith (dis)credit for pushing those boundaries too far in a few areas, for example:
#grappling #two contracts # the-guy-got-crippled-and-Smith-still-argued-the-penalty
plus innumerable other cases, no doubt!
I agree he is a great player though.

And the hilarious follow up to that, when Waldron went on radio the next day and wanted the crowd sanctioned for booing him
Yeah, whatever became of Waldron? He seemed the prototype of the modern NRL CEO.
Oh well, I'm sure he was amply rewarded for being the public scapegoat. (And I'm sure Smith still sends his regards for that 'sacrifice'.)

The thing that is wrong about the media manipulation of the greatness of this grot is that in years to come (if the game is still around) kids will think he was some sort of dally messenger.
He is not.
And to say things like the greatest hooker of all time is a fraudulent disgrace.
Again...
He is not.
He would never have won a scrum in his life and up against a real hooker/forward like Steve Walters or Benny Elias, who played in the wildest time in the game, he wouldn't know what hit him.
Could not agree more!
I can accept people saying that he has been one of the most successful players in the past decade (if you ignore the fact that he played in a cheating side for most of his career, and that any such facts should probably be thrown out) but to say that he is one of the greatest to have played is an absolute blight on the game of rugby league. I sincerely hope that no child grows up thinking they were privileged to witness Scam play, nothing he has done has brought any excitement into the game and, any innovation he has brought has been to its detriment i.e. wrestle, brown nosing refs and all round general grubbiness. The worst thing about his implied "greatness" is that it speaks volumes about the current state of the game.

Could not agree more!
I can accept people saying that he has been one of the most successful players in the past decade (if you ignore the fact that he played in a cheating side for most of his career, and that any such facts should probably be thrown out) but to say that he is one of the greatest to have played is an absolute blight on the game of rugby league. I sincerely hope that no child grows up thinking they were privileged to witness Scam play, nothing he has done has brought any excitement into the game and, any innovation he has brought has been to its detriment i.e. wrestle, brown nosing refs and all round general grubbiness. The worst thing about his implied "greatness" is that it speaks volumes about the current state of the game.
Nailed it.
I'm going to frame this post Muzz.
Spot on.

The thing that is wrong about the media manipulation of the greatness of this grot is that in years to come (if the game is still around) kids will think he was some sort of dally messenger.
He is not.
And to say things like the greatest hooker of all time is a fraudulent disgrace.
Again...
He is not.
He would never have won a scrum in his life and up against a real hooker/forward like Steve Walters or Benny Elias, who played in the wildest time in the game, he wouldn't know what hit him.

I don't like the man, simple as that. However, I will admit he is probably the best on field game manager I have seen this side of Wally Lewis.

But he is no hooker, he's a dummy half. Real hookers put their head in the middle of a scrum and hooked for the ball. When the ball was actually fed to the scrum that is, not to the lock.

I'm slightly miffed that Scam's announcement came out within a few hours of Hodko's arrival at Manly and kind of spoilt our party - but typical of Smith that he also times it the week he's suspended and we're playing the Storm.

I don't deny he's a very good player and game manager but nonetheless he's the grubbiest of grubs and he'd better not be given an Immortal title down the track.

He is not.
Again...
He is not.
Freddy Jones was a better hooker,and he would have kicked the sh#t out of this fraud.

He is not.
Again...
He is not.
Agree - although I think hookers like Jones, Elwyn Walters, McMartin, Piggins, Turner, Krilich, Peponis et al (and their predecessors), played in much wilder times than Elias and Steve Walters, who were very much playing in the wake of the Jim Comans era.

He is a great, albeit dirty, player though - if not a true hooker forward.

Agree - although I think hookers like Jones, Elwyn Walters, McMartin, Piggins, Turner, Krilich, Peponis et al (and their predecessors), played in much wilder times than Elias and Steve Walters, who were very much playing in the wake of the Jim Comans era.

He is a great, albeit dirty, player though - if not a true hooker forward.
Great list of hookers,they should be made to change the modern 9 to dummy half.hookers were real forwards.

all part of the show.when nsw moves to 1-1 and with nsw looking good. . Qld SOS to smith and thrurston . Greenberg who is seated between the pair at the match gives them the eye of approval and its showtime

A quick call to johnny farnham for some advice on comeback memorabillia , and tax tips before , lights cameras action.

Channel 9 goes in the orgasm mode with a marketing frenzy promoting it in biblical proportions as a second coming. Coverage is blanket mode, resembling a 1970s telethon.

With todd putting the greenberg in MGM spectaculars its pitted as a ceremony to induct them as immortals after the game but not before a quick news break and a word from our sponsors . All proceeds go to the struggling families of the stars, qld declare public hioliday with a mob going all cumberland and burning down 4 buildings in tweed heads before running out of puff and getting arrested pissing on the nsw border from qld

Source ?

all part of the show.when nsw moves to 1-1 and with nsw looking good. . Qld SOS to smith and thrurston . Greenberg who is seated between the pair at the match gives them the eye of approval and its showtime

A quick call to johnny farnham for some advice on comeback memorabillia , and tax tips before , lights cameras action.

Channel 9 goes in the orgasm mode with a marketing frenzy promoting it in biblical proportions as a second coming. Coverage is blanket mode, resembling a 1970s telethon.

With todd putting the greenberg in MGM spectaculars its pitted as a ceremony to induct them as immortals after the game but not before a quick news break and a word from our sponsors . All proceeds go to the struggling families of the stars, qld declare public hioliday with a mob going all cumberland and burning down 4 buildings in tweed heads before running out of puff and getting arrested pissing on the nsw border from qld

Source ?

I think they're too scared to end their rep careers with a series loss to pull a stunt like that. If the referees are even remotely fair this year, and things like the 10m are actually enforced, NSW will annihilate QLD this year.

Source ?
References to MGM, Greenberg, it’s all happening.

Should we rebadge him Todd Thalberg, in honour of MGM’s ‘boy wonder’ of the 1930s, Irving?

Is Todd’s wife’s name Norma?

Are my references to obscure?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4