Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Smith is definitely a polarizing figure unless you support Melb/Qld, and yes, a protected species as far as Refs go. But taking the Maroon and White glasses off, any guys who plays 42 Origin games (that's literally 2 full seasons of football) and Test football for as long as he has, at the level he has played at, and for the most part still plays at, does deserve credit for his Representative career in my humble opinion.
sCam had the benefit of playing with the same core group of great Qld players in SOO and the Roos in all his career.
Just the luck of his/their careers - like the Saints of the 60s etc @:cool:

Cronk is showing how much their performance was due to the players around him :cool:

Glad that he is gone from at least the Rep arena :sick:

Bit surprised this close to Origin but think he can see the tide is eventually turning and doesnt want to tarnish his reputation so will retire now instead of retiring in a losing team, selfish?
A cynic might suggest that Cameron is afraid of tarnishing his legacy with a series loss. It's a shame - I was looking forward immensely to this very prospect.

Bit surprised this close to Origin but think he can see the tide is eventually turning and doesnt want to tarnish his reputation so will retire now instead of retiring in a losing team, selfish?

Yes Smith is a vain filthy grub that does not believe QLD can win, so he is chickening out.

Ah, now I get it. Announcement timed for today to push Hodgko signing for Manly off the sports news so as not to conclusively prove we are under the cap to the punters. Very clever. At least that’s how it played out on the news here.

Captain Scam Drizzle Smith will earn many plaudits for his career. I do not think he will be held in the same esteem as Lewis or Beetson as Queensland greats. What he will also be remember for is his subtle but grubby tactics, the fact that he has immunity from referees by questioning them to excess and getting away with, the grapple tackles, chicken wings and his latest act tell a different tale of a bloke who sails close to the win with his win at all costs attitude.

The timing of his announcement is saying more about him than the so-called Queensland culture!! Dropped them right in it, good on ya Scam!!

Had to turn 360 off.
The torturous love fest eulogy of sCams out of this world origin career is on in earnest, with Kent and buddy Holly jizzing in their draws over his greatness.
We are in for months of this with studs up to go.
Imagine when he carks it !!!
Fair dinkum am I the only one who found his play as much entertainment as watching f*cking paint dry???

Captain Scam Drizzle Smith will earn many plaudits for his career. I do not think he will be held in the same esteem as Lewis or Beetson as Queensland greats. What he will also be remember for is his subtle but grubby tactics, the fact that he has immunity from referees by questioning them to excess and getting away with, the grapple tackles, chicken wings and his latest act tell a different tale of a bloke who sails close to the win with his win at all costs attitude.

The timing of his announcement is saying more about him than the so-called Queensland culture!! Dropped them right in it, good on ya Scam!!
He shouldn't be held in the same esteem as them but the media will make sure he will.

Had to turn 360 off.
The torturous love fest eulogy of sCams out of this world origin career is on in earnest, with Kent and buddy Holly jizzing in their draws over his greatness.
We are in for months of this with studs up to go.
Imagine when he carks it !!!
Fair dinkum am I the only one who found his play as much entertainment as watching f*cking paint dry???

Thankfully I recorded it, heard them say they were doing an hour on Smith so I binned it and moved on

I find it disgusting that we can have greats of the game pass away, and they get 30 seconds or so of airtime, and this prick retires and we get a whole hour of them licking his arse, they can get ****ed

Interestingly a few years ago when Qld started to dominate guys like Tallis were critising Jamie Lyon etc for retiring from rep football. They said that was the difference between nsw and qld. Queenslanders always made themselves available no matter what. Haven’t things changed now that the writing is on the wall..
36 messages since 2008, step it up a bit, will you?
Who knows, we may benefit from your point of view!

The thing that is wrong about the media manipulation of the greatness of this grot is that in years to come (if the game is still around) kids will think he was some sort of dally messenger.
He is not.
And to say things like the greatest hooker of all time is a fraudulent disgrace.
Again...
He is not.
He would never have won a scrum in his life and up against a real hooker/forward like Steve Walters or Benny Elias, who played in the wildest time in the game, he wouldn't know what hit him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8