Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We've done the Warriors a turn.  Hope their big guys all come to Melbourne to smash them again. 

Other than the Warriors who only got up in the last minute has any other team won after playing us this year?

aww i love you guys too :)

how good was it to see the imatation cam smith **** up like that

And there is, of course the other occasion where he helped the maroon and whites... the 40-0 grand final he was suspended out of for grappling.

Really, he's like our 14th man.

it was clear he was feeling the pressure last night and that is awesome, because he is a quality player and isn't usually easily rattled, so to see him like that is great

I was waiting for Bellamy to hand Smith a tissue during the post match interviews as he looked as though he was going to cry.  What a big sook

I won't be happy till I have no reason to see Slater or Smith in a post game interview at all.

The day those carnts announce their retirements should be gazetted a public holiday

Dont forget we only just missed a kick ourselves by a hell of a lot less.

Dont let them use a missed shot as an excuse.

I just loved seeing him during/after the game and you could see on his face that he knew he possibly cost them the game - it reminded me so much of that TV shot of him on the sideline during the 08 Grand Final during the 2nd half when he got the biggest boo from the crowd ever.

We'll take pay cuts - Cameron Smith

* Russell Gould
    * April 24, 2010 12:00AM

DEFIANT Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith yesterday declared his playing group would do whatever it takes to stay together - including pay cuts - and not let the salary-cap scandal cripple his club.

Still coming to terms with the magnitude of the penalties the NRL doled out on Thursday, an emotional Smith last night told The Daily Telegraph he would implore players to fight through the drama together.

As Storm chairman Rob Moodie conceded the playing list would take "huge hits" to get under the cap, Smith said they would try to make it happen without losing anyone.

"There is no way we are going to ask a player or several players to leave so we can be within the salary cap," Smith said yesterday.

"We are a team, not a group of individuals that turn up on a weekend and play football. We're together in everything we do and if we have to be under the salary cap we will do it.

"I believe everyone will be willing to sacrifice a bit of money to stay together, and not let this be the end of what we've worked so hard for.

"We are a strong group, and we'll find a way to keep going. We're not going to let this cripple us."

However, the skipper conceded that pushing on this season, beyond tomorrow's game against the Warriors, would not be easy.

"All we can do now is turn up to training, turn up tomorrow, then after that sit down together and talk about what we do for the rest of the season," Smith said. "People can say play for your pride and all that but it's round seven, we have to turn up for another 20 weeks and give everything we can really for nothing."

But he said the carrot remained to become a force again for future years.

"This is a huge kick in the guts and a huge setback, but come next year, we're in the race again and that's what we need to look forward to," he said. "I know it's miles down the track but we were willing to work hard for eight or nine years, most of us, so I can't see why another 12 months is going to hurt us."

They can't be allowed to do this  - it's unfair and they wouldn't have been able to assemble some of that team if they were'nt over the cap, I thought it was bull**** the bulldogs where allowed to do this years ago and it will be a joke if it's allowed to happen again

I agree taking pay cuts would not be fair. They should be forced to offload some players but they should also be allowed to renegotiate some of their players contracts.

500k is a lot of pay cuts for a lot of ppl, I can't see anyone taking a pay cut of 40k plus especially if they were offered mire at other clubs.

Tough **** storm you cheated so don't look to us to feel sorry for you. If any of the players were willing and knowing participants they should be forced to sit out the season too

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
what do you reckon Smith would be on $450 K
Slater  on $450 K
Inglis $500K

Keeping those three together is probably what made them cheat the cap in the first place.  At least one of those three should be forced out in my opinion.  They are the nucleus of that team and if you take one of them out, they are beatable by a lot of teams (not including us as we can beat them when they are a full strength cheat team).

The Dogs did this very thing when discovered seven years ago and went on to win the comp a year later.  Notional value of players is important, especially as the league is not going to get the money back that was overpaid to these guys.

Interesting that the over-paid Smith says 'we'll all take a pay cut'.  Will this make up for years of overpayment?  Good for him maybe, but are the others in the team all receipients of overpayments?  Doubt it. 

I thought Finch was only 50k. He can take a pay cut of $12.50 per week lol. Yes Cam, that will fix it all up. Instead of griping to the papers you should be demanding answers from your own club. Unless you already know the answers, that is.

I remember at some point earlier this year or last season starting a topic suggesting that with Cronk, Slater, Smith and Slater all averaging say 400k, then Hoffman and Blair on at least 200k each if not more, that was half the salary cap gone right there on 6 players. Was always unrealistic that the other 19 in the squad, including Origin reps and internationals, would be under the cap

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8