Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't have a problem with them taking pay cuts to get under the cap for next year. It's a reasonably free market and if they wish to stay at the Storm for less than what they could get at another NRL club then that is entirely up to them. If any NRL club can offer an incentive outside of contract money, such as the chance to win a premiership, play under a certain coach, lifestyle/location, play in a certain position, etc etc , then I don't have a problem with that. I'm sure the lure of living on the Northern Beaches has helped our recruitment over the years. If the Storm players want to get together and shave $700K off their collective salaries then good luck to them. Based on a salary cap of about $4.5mil it is only a about a 7.5% pay cut across the board and they will get there.

When 4 or more players have been accepting overs for 5 years. Yes, they can afford to take a cut for 1 year.

Its a Joke if its allowed to happen, as with the dogs.

im sure i read somewhere since this broke that gallop wont allow this to happen after what happened with the dogs

ironic he takes a cut now, is that a real cut
or just a cut in whats been going out in brown paper bags

hes a scumbag

Someone might be able to refresh my memory but I recall that the Dogs got done at the end of the season not the start, they lost 34 points or something and played out the season with no hope of making the 8 obviously. They then as a group decided to take pay cuts for the following year so that they would be under the cap for that season. I have no problems with that. I think what Gallop said was that he wouldn't allow the players to take a pay cut to get them under the cap THIS season, and he is right, that isn't fair. Next year is a whole new kettle of fish though.

If a player is under contract for next year he should be paid at that contract amount, not allowed to reduce to keep the team together. Players off contract would be able to re-negotiate as pleased. This way they would be forced to offload some talent and have to bring in lower quality players on less money to fill the gaps or bring through some of their juniors. If they were forced to let contracted players go they would have to pay out the outstanding money. If this player then went on to play for another team the money he gets paid would come off the Storm bill.

Cameron smith is melbournes main man if you cant stop him we will have no chance in tonites game and then the finals..just finished watching 2008 G.F and that so called hooker aitken was absolutely hopeless he was just passing the ball to cronk all game he had no dummy half runs or short inside passes.He was that hopeless at one stage they had the fullback BILLY SLATER in at dummy half.They where never going to win that game without SMITH...If he plays it would have been a different ball game for sure...It will show tonite and in the finals that he is the MAN for the storm stop him and you will stop the storm....if he gets hes own way around the ruck we will lose,if we control the P*ick then we will win.......

He's the best player in the world & has been for some time. Of course he is their main man,

Stopping him is easier said than done.

That's why IMO he's the current best player in the game, and almost impossible to stop......at best we have to try and limit his time with the ball, do that and we'll go a long way to winning.

I know no one on here likes Cambo, and some of his posts, but such a personal attack on someone with such an unfortunate name is un-called for. :D :D :D

The storm have lost games with Smith playing and by lesser teams than the Mighty Sea Eagles , If we are on our game ie; no drop balls by Watmough, no penalties from Metai, cohesion and a good kicking game by our halves we will win. Have faith in out team my feathered friend.

Cant really stop him but can minimise him. Markers have to be sharp & have to slow those Storm play the balls. A Storm on Storm job.

You know Smith is a good player because they have some rubbish forwards who get by because of Smith. Without him their forward pack with guys like Lowe, Thompson, Norrie, Woolnough, etc would be absolutely dominated.

Don't hang off him, don't fall for dummies and make sure you put him on the ground.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Inclined to agree with Wolfpack. In addition he seems to never get hurt.

I've only seem him hurt once and that was when he was sitting on the sideline during the 08 GF.

I hope Killer reminds the referees to check the forward passes coming out of dummy half.

Although I love using the quips to Purple Scum supporters like "40-nil... Grapple that!" and "40-Nil & Under the Cap!", that 40-Nil was without C.Smith.
I think he's an A-hole and I still think most of his passes from duumy-half are not 'flat' but forward but he's still a magical player!

"That was well below our standards ... we made it so hard for ourselves," Smith said.

"The effort in defence was great. I don't know how many times we had repeat sets and we defended our tryline - I think Manly had 12 more sets than us in the whole game and scored one try in the second half.

"It was just silly dropped balls, forward passes, getting tackled into touch, just soft turnovers that you can't afford to do against not only Manly, you can't afford to do it against anyone.

"We complete the way we did tonight we wouldn't have beaten an under 20s team."

What a wanker. No acknowledgement that they were beaten by a far better side. That last comment really gets me mad.

Whenever I see his face I'm reminded of it looming on the screen at the 2008 GF while the crowd howled their displeasure. It was better than having him fed to the lions in the Coliseum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8