Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Watching both Origins and the match against the Storm, can't help but feel that Smith is up to his cheating best.

Everyone commented that Carney had a poor first Origin, but I don't agree. Smith was unrelenting with shooting out of dummy half to put pressure on the last tackle kicker. Carney never stood a chance with having a good kicking game. The refs never allowed the last tackle kick to be a fair contest and Carney was unduly criticised.

Enough is enough. The cheating scum cannot be allowed to get away with this rubbish, Smith got what he deserved with missing out on a grand final in a rare glimpse of justice with confronting grapple tackle crap that was invented and mastered by Bellamy. Bellamy is a grub and should be dealt with accordgly. The league fraternity should nor praise the competitive nature of his star players. The league fraternity should scorn his tactics and call them what they are; a grubby and pathetic blight on the game.

We scored 4 tries a piece. We were undermanned. Their kicking game was better tha ours, but the cheating tactics of Smith gave their kicking game an unfair advantage.

I hold no fear after Monday night with beating the Storm at the business end of the season at close to full strength. But I have zero confidence is Smith is allowed to redefine how competitive the dummy half kick chaser is allowed to be.

For goodness sake, refs should start blowing the pea out of the whistle every time he takes off from dummy half too early.

CHEAT!

RE: New thread on Cameron Smith - please do not merge

Love all these threads about me :)

Cameron said:
Love all these threads about me :)

The problem being one is a cheating grub the other a legend.

Cam smith is like that kid in jnr sport whose parent is the umpire/ ref and lets him get away with everything because he thinks his Sun is so great and perpetuates the myth that he is better then he is. Smith has a lot of talent but take out all the bs in his game and he comes back to the field quite a lot.

Totally agree Smith stretches the rules to the limits but this is what you expect from his ultra competitive nature , to sail close to the wind pushing the refs all day both in general play & verbally.
Every champion player does this & hate to say it but he is 1 of them.
Agree totally he gets away with plenty & you will notice plenty of refs refer to him as "Cam" & the next player is number 9. This is more a ref issue imo, elite players have & always will test the resolve of the whistle blower, who needs to show more authority. Smith nearly fainted when pulled up for a foward pass on Monday & I seen 2 more let go so he even won that battle, yet gave it to the ref.
1 of the best & most influential players I have seen & needs to be bashed with & without the ball all day.

I think that he is the biggest of the big 3 (in more ways than 1) and that his loss from the team would have a greater impact than Slater or Cronk.

I would go so far to say that 40 nil would have been nowhere near 40 nil if he had played.

Still can't stand him though and hope to see him get smashed asap.

I almost started a thread on Storm tactics the other day.

How come they lay in the ruck so regularly? It's obviously not a penalty to lay behind the feet of a tackled player. Maybe we should be doing it to instead of trying our best to get to marker and giving away a penalty?
It slows the play the ball down sooooo much. Qld do it too.

Stevo said:
I almost started a thread on Storm tactics the other day.

How come they lay in the ruck so regularly? It's obviously not a penalty to lay behind the feet of a tackled player. Maybe we should be doing it to instead of trying our best to get to marker and giving away a penalty?
It slows the play the ball down sooooo much. Qld do it too.
On the other side of the coin Stevo, another tactic they constantly get away with is taking a step or 2 foward OFF the mark & playing the ball , opening space behind the ruck for Smith & Co & taking the markers out of play.
Reversing this, is after making a tackle they actually push the tackled player backwards OFF the mark slowing it down & losing all momentum of the attacking side.
Btw - congrats on Supercoach - your shout!!

MK Eagle said:
another tactic they constantly get away with is taking a step or 2 foward OFF the mark & playing the ball , opening space behind the ruck for Smith & Co & taking the markers out of play.

We can thank Des Hazardler for that. That tactic was in response to Manlys tactic to combat Smith in the ruck, by attacking his arm when about to pass. I still have fond memories of Gift & others nullifying that cheat Smith with that specific tactic in the GF.

I like the way Slater and the two wingers take high kicks. They leap in the air and stick one foot out directly at attacking players who are bearing down on them. Slater uses it constantly to baulk would be tacklers, and it buys him valuable seconds which usually results in line breaks or offload meters.

I just wish we had people in our backline who would jump for the friggin ball! Another tactic we never use. The high bomb close to the line. We use it 40 out and the chasers can't get there. Widdop looked really good the other night with no pressure on him.

Jatz Crackers said:
MK Eagle said:
another tactic they constantly get away with is taking a step or 2 foward OFF the mark & playing the ball , opening space behind the ruck for Smith & Co & taking the markers out of play.

We can thank Des Hazardler for that. That tactic was in response to Manlys tactic to combat Smith in the ruck, by attacking his arm when about to pass. I still have fond memories of Gift & others nullifying that cheat Smith with that specific tactic in the GF.

It wasn't Smith in that GF mate. He was sitting in the stand watching after one of his typical grubby tackles.

mozgrame said:
I like the way Slater and the two wingers take high kicks. They leap in the air and stick one foot out directly at attacking players who are bearing down on them. Slater uses it constantly to baulk would be tacklers, and it buys him valuable seconds which usually results in line breaks or offload meters.

I wish someone would drop their shoulder under his leading leg, then as soon as his other foot touches the ground, leap up and smash him onto his back.

globaleagle said:
mozgrame said:

I wish someone would drop their shoulder under his leading leg, then as soon as his other foot touches the ground, leap up and smash him onto his back.
Then straight into a leg bar for the submission.

Just read that he could be up for a suspension due to leading with the knees on Kane Linnett after the Cowboys scored.
Has anyone seen it?
How bad was it?
According to bigpond sport it is suspension worthy.

Clint said:
Just read that he could be up for a suspension due to leading with the knees on Kane Linnett after the Cowboys scored.
Has anyone seen it?
How bad was it?

Does s*** like that every game. Hel get away with it, like he always does.
Him and his mate Slater are a protected species. The blokes a grub.

the mauler said:
Clint said:
Has anyone seen it?
How bad was it?

Does s*** like that every game. Hel get away with it, like he always does.
Him and his mate Slater are a protected species. The blokes a grub.

Yes, protected they are. The judiciary begrudgingly suspended Smith for the '08 Grand Final and w@ankers like Warren Ryan still bring it up today when assessing how and why Manly won that day.

Both appear to be nice fellas off the field but on it they continue to surprise me with their grub acts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11