Brian Kelly & Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Lets not forget that when Suli came to us this year he did not have a pre season training with us and he was behind on pre season match fitness all together as he was stood down by his previous club .
You are entitled to your opinion feathered friend thanks to this great forum of ours .

Missing the point Bozo. What you need to look at is how Kelly performed in his first year at Manly compared with Suli's first year at Wests. That's a more equitable comparison...and we know the problems Suli had with Wests and then Canterbury.

Kelly played 23 matches in 2017 for 8 tries and represented NSW Country. Suli played 16 matches with Wests scored 2 tries and played one rep game with Tonga. Despite Wests declaring at one stage he was the next big thing, he was released, mainly because he was sleeping through training. Then the Dogs released him for a couple of misdemeanours. He's already erred once with Manly. Kelly on the other hand has been dropped once but is obviously valued by the club and has never missed a beat with his behaviour.

I know which player impresses me more at this stage. But Suli may well become the next Matai. He's got the talent. But so does Kelly, but in a different way. And actually both are quite fast, I would say quicker than the wingers we have.

Missing the point Bozo. What you need to look at is how Kelly performed in his first year at Manly compared with Suli's first year at Wests. That's a more equitable comparison...and we know the problems Suli had with Wests and then Canterbury.

Kelly played 23 matches in 2017 for 8 tries and represented NSW Country. Suli played 16 matches with Wests scored 2 tries and played one rep game with Tonga. Despite Wests declaring at one stage he was the next big thing, he was released, mainly because he was sleeping through training. Then the Dogs released him for a couple of misdemeanours. He's already erred once with Manly. Kelly on the other hand has been dropped once but is obviously valued by the club and has never missed a beat with his behaviour.

I know which player impresses me more at this stage. But Suli may well become the next Matai. He's got the talent. But so does Kelly, but in a different way. And actually both are quite fast, I would say quicker than the wingers we have.
We all have our views and thank you for yours feathered friend

We all have our views and thank you for yours feathered friend
If you are so thankful for his views @BOZO, why not explain to us all why you don't think they are relevant and if you have nothing more to contribute why not leave it at that rather than trying to push the idea that your opinion still holds any value.

If you are so thankful for his views @BOZO, why not explain to us all why you don't think they are relevant and if you have nothing more to contribute why not leave it at that rather than trying to push the idea that your opinion still holds any value.
I have explained my views on this matter many times and there comes a time feathered friend when we just have to agree to disagree and not get our feathered in a knot .
I am off to the gym to do some serious Iron pumping.
Any further messages I will reply next time I get time to do more time on this forum .
Bye for now and remember to post responsibly ;)

Here's your latest. My son asked his mates after Titan's training today and was told that Kelly's manager said to the club they would not commit till end of this season as Kelly was keen to continue at Manly but that Manly had offered way under other club offers, but would like Manly to have the right of reply. Manly have advised (supposably), that have to sort their salary cap position. Evidently Kelly is mates with a few of the Titan's players.

Didn't ask about Lewis as I really didn't care where he went.

Kelly is a perplexing one, his attack has improved although considering that nearly all of our attack centres around Turbo going left he has been the beneficiary of many good opportunities and hence the improved try scoring rate. He has shown improved footwork and some good decision making in attack.

His defence though, despite some saying otherwise has not improved. The NRL still have him at a tackle efficiency of 75.4% which is pretty awful. Of our starting 1-7 this weekend only Matt Wright fares worse (73%), and for all the criticism of Tom Wright’s defence he is clearly ahead on tackle efficiency (85%). On foxsports who have more detailed stats, Kelly sits ninth last (64th) at 73% of all players (73 of them) who have played centre at some point this year for tackle efficiency.

Overall I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep Kelly as others have pointed out he is a good centre, not great and needs considerable development to reach that level. His defence hasn’t come on at all in the last 2 years. We have a couple of young options coming through who could do just as good a job if not better for minimum or near minimum wage and allow us to invest his money elsewhere.

I think it is impossible to truly gauge the ability and potential of our players under the current administration, Kelly may become a great player, a good one or could even fade into obscurity.
One thing is pretty clear though, if we get involved in a bidding war with the rest of the NRL we will lose or end up paying far too much. If he can get a much better deal else where then all the best to him but if he goes to the Titans I will be very sad - he is undoubtedly great kid and that club has the ability to destroy his career.

I came here for the Brown going chat.....which is sadly missing. Pretty sure he is off contract so is gone no matter what?

I have explained my views on this matter many times and there comes a time feathered friend when we just have to agree to disagree and not get our feathered in a knot .
I am off to the gym to do some serious Iron pumping.
Any further messages I will reply next time I get time to do more time on this forum .
Bye for now and remember to post responsibly ;)
Let me try a different tack @BOZO;
I am not attempting to discredit or change your opinion on this particular issue, rather I am tired of the dismissive language you use to get the last word in arguments. By stating that other's can keep their own opinions and you your own without even addressing the points raised you are not respecting the views of others, as you like so often to claim, but are instead dismissing their views and the facts they use to support them. It is both flawed logic and disrespectful to your fellow posters. If you have nothing further to gain from an argument/discussion maybe just leave it at that rather than this unconstructive effort to always have the final say. You are antagonizing, if not trolling, those who attempt to support their own opinions with facts and I find this behavior from a member senior on here poor at best. As you (more than anyone else here) like to say; we can all become better versions of ourselves with work.

Suli had already played 16 first grade games before he came to Manly. Kelly had played none. Big difference in experience despite the younger age. Had two thirds of a season experience on Kelly so effectively you should be determining Suli's first year playing for Manly against Kelly's second year at Manly for a more accurate comparison.
Still think he's more solid, consistent all-around given that he had to slot into a new team. Kelly has played more fg games with manly and whilst has improved significantly from last year Suli seems to be a much better defender and makes more yards with ball carries.They are just different types of centres. One is more powerful / solid, the other is a feather duster with deft hands.

Suli looks like a player who will turn into a power running centre, kinda along the same lines as a young Mal Meninga (though not as good) and Chris Close.

Kelly.....to me he looks more like a future 5/8 rather than a running centre. He has a great step, he's quick off the mark if not over a distance, and he has good natural instincts

At the end of the day, we all want to see Brian Kelly lifting up the premiership trophy in a Manly jersey. Fark the haters

IMG_1110.JPG

If Kelly is moved on/ not resigned, he will
Let me try a different tack @BOZO;
I am not attempting to discredit or change your opinion on this particular issue, rather I am tired of the dismissive language you use to get the last word in arguments. By stating that other's can keep their own opinions and you your own without even addressing the points raised you are not respecting the views of others, as you like so often to claim, but are instead dismissing their views and the facts they use to support them. It is both flawed logic and disrespectful to your fellow posters. If you have nothing further to gain from an argument/discussion maybe just leave it at that rather than this unconstructive effort to always have the final say. You are antagonizing, if not trolling, those who attempt to support their own opinions with facts and I find this behavior from a member senior on here poor at best. As you (more than anyone else here) like to say; we can all become better versions of ourselves with work.

That's a lot of words to call Bozo a [in the interests of fairness, edited-mod].

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11