Brian Kelly & Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'd like to keep Kelly but, in the unfortunate situation that he leaves, I think we are well served by centres, including Walker, Suli, Funa (who shows plenty of ability in lower grades), Tom Wright, Jade Anderson... and we'd probably recruit another centre into our top 30. Mind you, the frequency of injuries among our players makes any roster problematic.

Brian Kelly is bloody amazing. Am I watching something different? His defense has improved, and his attack is great.

Get him an explosive winger outside him, and lookout. Having a power player as opposed to speed holds him back imo.

Also having Thompson, Sironen and Trbojevic in the backrow will also make him better, along with a 5/8 that can hopefully get him more quality ball.

Brian Kelly is bloody amazing. Am I watching something different? His defense has improved, and his attack is great.

Get him an explosive winger outside him, and lookout. Having a power player as opposed to speed holds him back imo.

Also having Thompson, Sironen and Trbojevic in the backrow will also make him better, along with a 5/8 that can hopefully get him more quality ball.

Mate, you are arguing the point with a true genius. Save yourself the effort.

Maybe better to have gone Lewis Kelly and Bryan Brown, at least good publicity value

lewis kelly.jpg
bryan brown.jpg

@anthonyb1965 how is producing facts a dummy spit? Seems you've had a dummy spit there young fella

Stats don't show the whole picture but seeing as you wish to use them, his actual stats are;
8 Games
83 Runs for 726 Metres
10 Tackle busts
2 linebreaks
2 offloads
100 tackles
8 missed tackles
2 errors
1 try

In his game on the weekend (the one where he played very well);

10 runs
83 Metres
18 Tackles
1 missed tackle

He is a promising player doing all the right things and no one said he is "great" at this stage of his career.

Stats don't show the whole picture but seeing as you wish to use them, his actual stats are;
8 Games
83 Runs for 726 Metres
10 Tackle busts
2 linebreaks
2 offloads
100 tackles
8 missed tackles
2 errors
1 try

10 runs
83 Metres
18 Tackles
1 missed tackle

He is a promising player doing all the right things and no one said he is "great" at this stage of his career.

He also looks like a quality human being both he and AFB do a lot of charity work. He always has smile on his face.

I’m glad that Kels has a preference to stay at the club. Putting all the opinions of ‘dislike/like’ Kelly, If the place was as bad as it’s made out then he would want to leave.

8 Games
83 Runs for 726 Metres
10 Tackle busts
2 linebreaks
2 offloads
100 tackles
8 missed tackles
2 errors
1 try

10 runs
83 Metres
18 Tackles
1 missed tackle

No one said he is a great player . I agree with you 100% there mate

Kelly (IMO) will turn out to be a good rather than a great centre.

He has his good points, especially in attack with strong acceleration and a good step. But he seriously needs to break his habit of rushing up out of the defensive line, especially when we're trying to defend our own line. All too often he rushes up, takes no one and leaves his winger facing a 2-3 on 1.

Suli is much more consistent than Kelly was in his first season for us.

Suli had already played 16 first grade games before he came to Manly. Kelly had played none. Big difference in experience despite the younger age. Had two thirds of a season experience on Kelly so effectively you should be determining Suli's first year playing for Manly against Kelly's second year at Manly for a more accurate comparison.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8