Brian Kelly & Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No I’m just immensely gifted.
Champion !!!
114118236-1024x1024.jpg

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am not attempting to discredit or change your opinion on this particular issue, rather I am tired of the dismissive language you use to get the last word in arguments.
Fyi @BOZO there is a school of thought that when someone states 'we shall agree to disagree' they ought be banned from further comment in that thread.
Luckily for you we are not in school (as yet!)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Fyi @BOZO there is a school of thought that when someone states 'we shall agree to disagree' they ought be banned from further comment in that thread.
Luckily for you we are not in school (as yet!)
Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention @SeaEagleRock8 as I did not know that was the meaning and I apologize to all that knew what the true meaning of we will agree to disagree .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You’re going to have to teach me how to do the meme thing @BOZO... I could really use them when I want to ram home my opinion. Great photo mate.
To be honest with you Kevin ....
Your strong opinions are loud and clear feathered friend . You dont need any aid of a meme

double hoops

First Grader
So our club can't retain a player like Kelly. Hardly going to be massive dollars. But a kid who has been our biggest shining light this year. Someone the club has invested years of first grade into, before he was ready.

Is Manly now nothing more than a reserve grade training ground for the Titans. Stunned.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So our club can't retain a player like Kelly. Hardly going to be massive dollars. But a kid who has been our biggest shining light this year. Someone the club has invested years of first grade into, before he was ready.

Is Manly now nothing more than a reserve grade training ground for the Titans. Stunned.
I don't know Kelly at all personally but he does come across like a descent fellow and a good role mode so there is nothing personal when I say in my own eyes I dont see what you and others see great as a player in him . To call Kelly as our biggest shining light is astonishing . IMO Kelly had played some competent games, has been inconsistent and is suspect in defence as players with speed get around him .
I would like our club t o invest in more dynamic and faster backs as our current back line from no 1 to no 5 lacks genuine speed apart from Tom and Dylan
There is no substitute for speed that can win you matches with a blink of an eye from any where on the field
We have enough propeller powered backs . We need a few more dynamic Jets
And yes Speed Kills !!!
images.png

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

Don't be stunned .... examine the facts ...he has stated he wishes to stay with us.

Therefore .... if he leaves us ... it will NOT be because we couldn't retain him ... it will simply be a case of the $ value we place on him is less than .... the $ value another club has of him ....

No need to blame the club .....

Holmsey

Bencher
I don't know Kelly at all personally but he does come across like a descent fellow and a good role mode so there is nothing personal when I say in my own eyes I dont see what you and others see great as a player in him . To call Kelly as our biggest shining light is astonishing . IMO Kelly had played some competent games, has been inconsistent and is suspect in defence as players with speed get around him .
I would like our club t o invest in more dynamic and faster backs as our current back line from no 1 to no 5 lacks genuine speed apart from Tom and Dylan
There is no substitute for speed that can win you matches with a blink of an eye from any where on the field
We have enough propeller powered backs . We need a few more dynamic Jets
And yes Speed Kills !!!
View attachment 8969
Sorry mate but no amount of Bs clip art is going to change the fact Brian is a great young player. Speed is great to have yes but look at Roberts he has nothing without it and is an average overhyped player. Speed doesn't kill, skill, prescion and quality does. Kelly fits all those. And id take Kelly over any overrated speed demon.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sorry mate but no amount of Bs clip art is going to change the fact Brian is a great young player. Speed is great to have yes but look at Roberts he has nothing without it and is an average overhyped player. Speed doesn't kill, skill, prescion and quality does. Kelly fits all those. And id take Kelly over any overrated speed demon.
Don't be sorry mate as that is what you believe . Many on here also believed that players like Brown and Crocker are stars .
We all have different stars in our eyes

Holmsey

Bencher
Don't be sorry mate as that is what you believe . Many on here also believed that players like Brown and Crocker are stars .
You've got stars in your head, the constant agenda against Kelly just drop it. We arent signing the f head Roberts to keep dreaming average players like him have short is forgettable careers.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You've got stars in your head, the constant agenda against Kelly just drop it. We arent signing the f head Roberts to keep dreaming average players like him have short is forgettable careers.
No agenda at all mate just commenting as I see it in every game and every play .
As for having stars in my head , they are all what I believe are dynamic players
As far as droping it goes . My view is never drop the ball , always charge straight and hard towards the goal line
As with Roberts Jimmy the jet . He has had some issues and he has done some stupid things but just like all of us imperfect people he has some qualities and there is hope for a better future .

Who on this forum thinks Brown is a star? Or for that matter, Croker?

Some have certainly said Croker is a capable first grader, but nobody (that I am aware of) have ever called either a star.

But embellish the truth by all means. Its the norm around here.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Spoke with Brian at this morning’s member bbq and he said he’s loving life down on the beaches and is hoping to sign an extension after the last year of his current contract, which finishes at the end of next season.

Interesting Mitch, sounded a very political response. Unfortunately nearly all the players are negotiating at least a year ahead because it affects their $ value, if they wait most good clubs have spent their money and then you have to hope the offer you get is OK or your picking up what's left at the bottom of the barrel and they may not be what your looking for and end up taking less than your value out of desperation.

He has either been told or been given a offer and he knows he's getting extended, but can't sign it because of the salary cap situation, or he's being naïve and his manager should clip him over the back of the head if it's true!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Who on this forum thinks Brown is a star? Or for that matter, Croker?

Some have certainly said Croker is a capable first grader, but nobody (that I am aware of) have ever called either a star.

But embellish the truth by all means. Its the norm around here.
Who Thinks Brown and Croker are Stars ? . The ones on here that tried to justify their selection in our team and quoted on how great they played .
You will have to go back and find those posts and see it for your self
Another recent one is that Kelly is our one and only Shining light this year .
Well to some he may be our only shining light this year but we all have different stars in our eyes

elton-john-600x400.jpg

Mitch

Bencher
Interesting Mitch, sounded a very political response. Unfortunately nearly all the players are negotiating at least a year ahead because it affects their $ value, if they wait most good clubs have spent their money and then you have to hope the offer you get is OK or your picking up what's left at the bottom of the barrel and they may not be what your looking for and end up taking less than your value out of desperation.

He has either been told or been given a offer and he knows he's getting extended, but can't sign it because of the salary cap situation, or he's being naïve and his manager should clip him over the back of the head if it's true!

I could be completely wrong mate but from the way he spoke it seemed like something was in the works. Again I could be wrong but that was the impression I got!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Brown is yesterdays first grader. Competent, nothing flashy. Dos his job but isn't going to win you a game. I think he was past his time when he came to us. Croker to me is of unknown quality. He was put into first grade too early, especially for five eighth, a position you must have someone with class. Tom Wright may experience the same problems.

I don't blame Barrett for trying Croker out at 5/8 but he should have realised far earlier that he wasn't suited or he wasn't ready. He may have made a reasonable centre at this stage or winger, because he's quite fast. But the problem with Barrett's selections is that he persists with what isn't working far too long. Don't blame him for trying out the players, giving them four or five games in a position, but by then you could surely see Brown was past his prime and Croker was either out of his right position or just wasn't ready.

Same with Tom Wright. I think the kid has star quality. But he should have been used in the centre or wing at first, and far earlier, to allow him to adapt. I hope he makes a fist of it as 5/8 but if after four or five games he's not making an impact, then Barrett should be shifting or giving him a little more time in the Reggies. This, and his lack of artful game plans and defence strategies, are the reasons that Barrett disappoints me. Be prepared to experiment but also to change your mind much quicker when things aren't working, imho are what Barrett needs to learn..

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
I could be completely wrong mate but from the way he spoke it seemed like something was in the works. Again I could be wrong but that was the impression I got!

Hi Mitch, not doubting you at all. I would suspect Manly have decided whom they want to keep, would have discussed options with all the players about to come off contract, and told them the plans but can't announce till every thing been sorted out in the front office. I would think it would be a shame to see him go. I like the idea of having 5 -6 20 yr olds around the place. They will grow into experienced better players that we could build around in 3 or 4 years when the other senior players are pensioned off.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18