Brian Kelly & Lewis Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Manly has offered Kelly a 2 year contract extension and Kelly’s preference is to stay at Manly. (SMH)

Here’s the snippet mentioned from the SMH tonight.

Manly keen for young centre to hang around
Manly has offered Brian Kelly a two-year contract extension to remain on the northern beaches.

Several clubs, including Wests Tigers, have attempted to poach the off-contract centre. However, the 22-year-old’s preference is to stay put and will get the chance now that something has been formally offered.

We cannot afford to increase Kelly all that much as we have plenty of depth (Suli, Parker, Funa, Wright) and he is hardly a superstar, just a solid young centre slowly improving. So it might be more of a case of what he can get elsewhere.

Only way we lose Kelly is if someone is prepared to offer him more lollies than we are prepared to ...... but that has ever been thus
Not surprised 1 bit about Kelly. I said a few weeks ago that T Wright making FG would push Kelly to another club and a few here thought it was funny. He won't want to play on the wing, and we can't afford what other clubs were always going to offer him.
Shame if true, but inevitable.

Brown? I can't see any club offering him anything.

You're easily impressed ... I am yet to see Tom Wright do anything to convince me he is any more than a talented amateur .... let alone a competent FG'er. .....

Only way we lose Kelly is if someone is prepared to offer him more lollies than we are prepared to ...... but that has ever been thus

You're easily impressed ... I am yet to see Tom Wright do anything to convince me he is any more than a talented amateur .... let alone a competent FG'er. .....

Agree so far.

Like to see him with the opportunity at 5/8 until years end, that will either see him sink or swim!!

The problem with Suli and Kelly are that both show promise abut neither are setting the world on fire. I know the team is not going well but i would like to see more from the 2 blokes we've pinned our hopes on.

Both could be superstars but will probably end up rubbish

Still seems to be some uncertainty whether Kelly is already contracted for next season . Contract extension reference would suggest that he is not . Good that he apparently has a preference to stay at Manly , present team harmony can not be that unsettled . Reported as being on about 160 k , no doubt would be expected to be upgraded to an increased value but just like Lane , would have to have some limits . Like to see him stay but also think that Suli is definitely worth retaining also , if not more so . I am sure that Manly will make a competitive offer for Kelly to stay , just have to wait and see i guess.

The problem with Suli and Kelly are that both show promise abut neither are setting the world on fire. I know the team is not going well but i would like to see more from the 2 blokes we've pinned our hopes on.

Both could be superstars but will probably end up rubbish
I love your passion "probably end up rubbish"

I never said I am impressed with T Wright and agree with your assessment of him. His "making FG" is not none of my doing but if he stays there I think it will be in Ned's position.
I have been one of Ned's strongest supporters and hope he re-signs at a not too inflated price, although moving on would probably be the best thing for HIM.

Kelly will be a massive loss. Besides Tom T he has been our other main source for points this year. Great young player hopefully he stays.

@BOZO what is it between you and Kelly. You seem to hate him or not rate him at all. He ain't no superstar but he is a good young player with fast acceleration, a deadly left foot step and footy smarts and defensively he has come along in leaps and bounds this year.

@BOZO what is it between you and Kelly. You seem to hate him or not rate him at all. He ain't no superstar but he is a good young player with fast acceleration, a deadly left foot step and footy smarts and defensively he has come along in leaps and bounds this year.
I seem to hate him ? Do you know me at all ? Have you ever met me ? . Once you get to know me you will find just how loveable I am under the body that is made from stone . This is a forum feathered friend . Do you know what forums are all about ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8