Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's our current Paul Stephenson, just with 3-4 more errors in him per game, and 5-6 more poor defensive reads / tackles per game.
Steppas the CEO of Tweed Heads Seagulls, and making a good fist of it from all reports. Maybe Parker's future is in admin/management, because he has no business being on a football field.

Last edited:
Ur kidding right? Paseka is 120kg and like 6 ft 5 lol

Sorry guys. Got my players mixed up. I meant Gosiewski, not Paseka. Lewis Brown and Buhrer are of similar weight but shorter. Even Menzies was only a little heavier in his playing days...and a bit shorter. If Parker put on some weight in the off season, which is likely given his age, he'll actually bigger than those players mentioned.

Last edited:
Geez you're a tough crowd.
Not exactly his fault he's been picked in 1st grade at this stage of his development.
Blame lies with the front office and coaching staff for that.
I'd rather treat our local juniors better than this.
But anyway...

A bad day at the office. I've had a few in my time. I suppose his are a lot more pronounced than mine. Well, he is probably earning slightly more than me, too.

I think the issue here is more with the top 30 than anything else. Why are clubs restricted to using only 30 players, why can't someone from Blacktown, or even Belrose, be eligible for selection, if needed? To me, that is a flaw in the NRL system.

he's small, can't jump, not fast, terrible defensively, has a patchy ranga beard and his skin colour hurts my eyes without sunnies

We have never seen him in a roving forward position. He's not a small man

Disagree. Check your stats. Parker is a few kgs lighter than Paseka and Thompson and a little taller. Fill him out a bit more and he'd fit in as a forward easily. He's too big and slow for the back line, but then even Menzies struggled playing centre. He has shown that in tight he is a fine defender. He has trouble when speedy players get outside him. But his technique is fine.
Mate.... According to the internet, Brad Parker is 90kg and Taniela Paseka is 120kg. If that is only a 'few kgs lighter' (as you say), then I may as well strap on the boots and take on Paseka. Please stop. Brad Parker is a very slim man compared to NRL forwards and would get absolutely destroyed.

Mate.... According to the internet, Brad Parker is 90kg and Taniela Paseka is 120kg. If that is only a 'few kgs lighter' (as you say), then I may as well strap on the boots and take on Paseka. Please stop. Brad Parker is a very slim man compared to NRL forwards and would get absolutely destroyed.

I've already addressed that mistake Blake A. Thanks for the pie in the eye (it was deserved mind you but I've already received my punishment thank you). I was confusing Gosiewski and Paseka in their details.

Lets clarify a few things first. Parker in the reviewed Sea Eagles site is 100 kgs and 193 cms. Makes him bigger than Buhrer, Thompson, Lewis Brown, Menzies. He is only 9 kgs and 1 cm smaller than Sironen, and Sironen is 4 years older. As I said Parker will probably beef up over the summer, which will easily make him worthy of the forward pack.

As for defensively, Brookie, remember Parker stands 6'4", and earlier this year his defence was identified as his positive attribute. You are right he is too slow for a winger and that's why they run around him. But in tighter within the centre of the field, it would be a different story. He has a good defensive style, would be quite fast as a forward, but no good out wide where speedsters get around him.

As I have suggested most of the season, Parker is more suited as a running forward, not a back. Why Barrett persisted with him on the wing, with speedster Tom Wright sitting in the Reggies, confounds me. He should have been a bench player covering the back row forwards, and centres if required.

I've already addressed that mistake Blake A. Thanks for the pie in the eye (it was deserved mind you but I've already received my punishment thank you). I was confusing Gosiewski and Paseka in their details.

Lets clarify a few things first. Parker in the reviewed Sea Eagles site is 100 kgs and 193 cms. Makes him bigger than Buhrer, Thompson, Lewis Brown, Menzies. He is only 9 kgs and 1 cm smaller than Sironen, and Sironen is 4 years older. As I said Parker will probably beef up over the summer, which will easily make him worthy of the forward pack.

As for defensively, Brookie, remember Parker stands 6'4", and earlier this year his defence was identified as his positive attribute. You are right he is too slow for a winger and that's why they run around him. But in tighter within the centre of the field, it would be a different story. He has a good defensive style, would be quite fast as a forward, but no good out wide where speedsters get around him.

As I have suggested most of the season, Parker is more suited as a running forward, not a back. Why Barrett persisted with him on the wing, with speedster Tom Wright sitting in the Reggies, confounds me. He should have been a bench player covering the back row forwards, and centres if required.
Are you just saying that Parker's best position is in the back row, or are you saying that he would do well in the NRL in the back row? (cause there is a big difference). Menzies finished 10 years ago (guys are a lot bigger now)... plus when we talk about Menzies we are talking about the one of the best hole runners and tacklers of the last 30 years. As for Buhrer, his weakness is his lack of size, and for Lewis Brown, his body shape is completely different so there is no comparison (except that they are both fairly average footballers of recent).

Last edited:
He's our current Paul Stephenson, just with 3-4 more errors in him per game, and 5-6 more poor defensive reads / tackles per game.

Jesus - I'd somehow forgotten about Paul Stephenson. Remember when he ended up playing as a prop at Cronulla? I miss the days when I could laugh at the players we let go…

Didn't think he went to badly considering he was a front rower used on the wing at Manly.

When you compare his stats (43 games,17 Tries) to Brian Kelly (48 games, 15 Tries) he went alright.

Even Menzies was only a little heavier in his playing days...and a bit shorter. If Parker put on some weight in the off season, which is likely given his age, he'll actually bigger than those players mentioned.

Parker shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Beaver **** me. I don't care how tall or fat he becomes in the off season he has no right to be near an nrl side. Looks like a lovely bloke but just can't play no shame in that.
Most people have cut him slack because we love our local Juniors but the gig is up back to park football Brad.

If Parker is to extend his career he needs to consider a switch to the backrow. Whether it is successful is debatable.
However, the first time I saw Terry Randal play was as a centre in a lower grade. I said at the time he was too slow to be a centre, but he was always a strong tackler.
Parker needs to play lower grades in the forwards to test whether he has a future in the sport. I don't doubt his courage and willingness. He could end up a valuable utility player.
One thing that is certain he is not a First Grade winger. I hope he tries a new role, particularly as white, local rangas are hard to find.

so according to the 'stats' brad parker is 1cm shorter than tommy t....

have you seen them stand next to each other? parker is not 193cm

I reckon he needs to have a look in the mirror, start taking life seriously and shave that **** red beard off.

We should call him Mr Glass. He's already got both knees strapped up and gets absolutely smashed every game.

Why are we blaming Parker? He didn't choose himself for First Grade. The selectors did.

He's not even a starting first grader. I think blaming him reflects much deeper issues around depth and acquisition.

Last edited:
Whenever he takes a hit up, you can literally see the opposition forwards pushing each other out of the way to get at him. He incites zero fear in the opposition. Whatever the opposite of fear is, that is what he incites.
A boner?!

A boner?!
giphy.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7