Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If its true we are out to market for a walker replacement, then we need to get a move on. Parker is leaving that edge with no attacking power.

Can we at least give Funa the jersey until we find someone.
Agreed, Funa looked the goods in the trial I watched. And as others have stated, why isn’t he getting a start in the reserves?

Parker and Taufua won’t be in our side next year. Hoopa Jr and new signing will fill these spots very soon. For me this is a stepping stone year for the leadership of the Turbos. They will really reach their self worth to our club. DCE is our leader but not sure if he is really controlling the game as his pay packet reflects. I’m a few beers in hence the sharp change in direction in topic. Thank you Brookie pub for the nice wedges

Parker and Tafua are bloody useless !!!! No attacking threat and in defence they look clueless !!! Why can’t des and the coaching staff see that ?

I watched the Blacktown game and wow Abbas Miski is a great player !! He is exactly what we need but he isn’t even in our top 30 which I think is a big mistake by des

Andy Saunders today was an absolute machine but yet his another player not in our top 30 but perrett who played shockingly today is in our top 30

Sean keppie also had a great game !!

Last edited:
Apart from misjudging an overhead kick which resulted in a try, I thought Parker was solid tonight - as he was last week. Garrick would be a better option in the centres, but there is no obvious choices to fill the wing spots just yet.
Thought so too.
Parker played alright. As did Elliot, apart from dropping a pass very similar to what Dce did.
And both had some pressure situations to deal with.
So did Garrick.
Parker is no world beater but it wouldn't matter what he did he'll still cop it on here.
I'm more concerned about the form of some much higher paid players than these blokes.

Thought so too.
Parker played alright. As did Elliot, apart from dropping a pass very similar to what Dce did.
And both had some pressure situations to deal with.
So did Garrick.
Parker is no world beater but it wouldn't matter what he did he'll still cop it on here.
I'm more concerned about the form of some much higher paid players than these blokes.

Parker has zero upside. That’s the issue. Not making an error is the greatest thing that ever gets said about him. Never breaks the line and has zero presence. I was in the corner where he missed that kick. Never looked like getting it, body language was weak all night.As was Tafuas. They have no confidence and the opposition know it. DCE has enough issues dealing with APIs service and no alternative kicker stepping up without the backline plays all going to his side because the whole team knows that the left is not ever going to make inroads.

Thought Elliott was pretty good. Has good awareness unlike his mates on the left.

I rarely bag players as to get up to that level takes a hell of a lot of commitment, sacrifice and effort; actually I don't think I even bagged Barrett, but my belief in Parker has all but extinguished. It's a little flame facing the onslaught of a Brookie deluge.

When he just got nowhere near that kick, leading to the first try, putting the team behind so early I just sighed and basically closed the book. I wish him well, but I wish we could get someone better even more.

I seen that game very differently to most.
Parker took a massive step tonight
Apart from misjudging an overhead kick which resulted in a try, I thought Parker was solid tonight - as he was last week. Garrick would be a better option in the centres, but there is no obvious choices to fill the wing spots just yet.
Agree, I just don't get the hate for Parker out of that game. If anything, I thought he took a massive step forward last night.

He challenged their set defence more then any of our other outside backs. He backed himself and hit closing holes at top speed. Showed great pace mowing tedesco down.

I must see the game differently, because I just seen Jurbo making plenty of errors, done 1001 settling hit ups, when we needed a lock with soft hands and some probing attack runs.

Both the Turbos seem to be able to do no wrong on here, but if any other young bloke makes one fo par, Silvertails wants to burn them on a cross.

Some are very short sighted.

Agree, I just don't get the hate for Parker out of that game. If anything, I thought he took a massive step forward last night.

He challenged their set defence more then any of our other outside backs. He backed himself and hit closing holes at top speed. Showed great pace mowing tedesco down.

I must see the game differently, because I just seen Jurbo making plenty of errors, done 1001 settling hit ups, when we needed a lock with soft hands and some probing attack runs.

Both the Turbos seem to be able to do no wrong on here, but if any other young bloke makes one fo par, Silvertails wants to burn them on a cross.

I think Parker has improved his game from last season and played fairly well last night .

I think Parker held his own last night .

In order to improve our attack and be a real threat to the opposition we need backs that not only hold their own but make it their own and dominate

The moral of the story ....

In the modern game of the NRL if a back does not have superior power or pace then he is not in the race to dominate play .

Power and speed kills .

Jurbo has been lacklustre for a while now. Forget about the stats. His runs don't get us over the advantage line. He doesn't bend the line either. He is a solid player and doesn't do a lot wrong. I just find in attack he is very predictable.

Jurbo has been lacklustre for a while now.

Missing link is Turbo. A lot of attack stems from Tom linking up with his brother and DCE - providing angle runs for the backrowers in the middle of the field or space out wide for the three quarters.

Jake chopped a number of players in half forcing turnovers; however, I agree that in attack his runs were really ineffectual as were Taupau's (and I'm his biggest fan). There is something a little off attitude wise - DCE and Marty in particular do not look like their normal selves.

There is something a little off attitude wise

A lot of tentativeness in the ball running of the forwards and the whole team, exacerbated probably by the wet weather & poor start to the game.

Suggestions: Maybe the team would function better with DCE at 6 and LG at 7? Also, I think Jurbo could be a more inspirational captain - in the mold of Cordner.

post edited

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8