Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Maybe the team would function better with DCE at 6 and LG at 7?

Also, I think Jurbo could be a more inspirational captain - in the mold of Cordner.
I don't think Elgey is the answer myself. I would like to give Cust a crack. He is more likely to step up and take some pressure off DCE. I do agree that DCE plays way better with a competent organising half, I just don't think Elgey is the one.

As for the captaincy, it is a tough one. I don't see DCE as a natural leader, and Jake might end up assaulting a ref ;-). No easy answer.

I'd give my left nut for another Micheal
Robertson or wolf.
You'll walk with a limp....besides, haven't you been offering that thing up on Gumtree for the last 6 months? Maybe manscaping is the answer?

I think Parker has improved his game from last season and played fairly well last night .

I think Parker held his own last night .

In order to improve our attack and be a real threat to the opposition we need backs that not only hold their own but make it their own and dominate

The moral of the story ....

In the modern game of the NRL if a back does not have superior power or pace then he is not in the race to dominate play .

Power and speed kills .

Would you have Parker over B.Kelly ?

Would you have Parker over B.Kelly ?

I will be honest here as always mate and I will say that none of those two players are Manlys answer to be a premiership threat .

Manly need dominant backs to dominate the opposition and not players like Kelly and Parker .

I have seen Kelly play the last 2 games for the Titans and he was ineffective and was as dominant as what Parker was against the roosters .

In our rebuild to another Grand final none of those players would be in our back line .

Both need to improve big time to be a threat against the big game backs in the NRL .

I don't think Elgey is the answer myself. I would like to give Cust a crack. He is more likely to step up and take some pressure off DCE. I do agree that DCE plays way better with a competent organising half, I just don't think Elgey is the one.

As for the captaincy, it is a tough one. I don't see DCE as a natural leader, and Jake might end up assaulting a ref ;-). No easy answer.
I'd be happy for Cust to be givin a crack , a little gun . Elgey will be given more time yet .

LEAGUE
  • 43M AGO
  • 5 Slides
The Repeat Set: Melbourne Storm locked out and denied access in Bathurst
Craig Bellamy's side were stitched up by the Panthers ahead of their round three clash in Bathurst.
Getty Images
Written ByTHE REPEAT SET

The 2019 season is now in full flight and the NRL news is coming thick and fast.

Fans turn on honest local junior

Manly utility back Brad Parker jokes that it may be his red hair that attracts the attention of critics It’s his way of making light of the incessant bagging he cops from his own fans.Parker is in the top five when it comes to players most hammered by their own fans. The local junior cops abuse just about every game. Typically, it’s mostly done behind his back. “No one comes up to me and says it to my face – it’s all online, keyboard warriors, or they shout out when I’m on the wing” Parker told The Repeat Set.“I’ve had a couple of bad games in the past and I hear the critics but I try not to let them get inside my head. “People have their own opinions but it’s not going to affect me.”But it once did, Parker admitting he would dwell on a bad game for weeks. He said: “Obsessed is the right word for it. I’d think about it for two weeks if I’d had a bad game.“I’d be worried about performance and errors and dwell on it, but not now.“You’ve just got to get on with the next game.”

It's a tough sport and it's his job but must be hard to take all this negativity on board. Hope he has a big game today!!!

LEAGUE
  • 43M AGO
  • 5 Slides
Craig Bellamy's side were stitched up by the Panthers ahead of their round three clash in Bathurst.
Getty Images
Written ByTHE REPEAT SET

The 2019 season is now in full flight and the NRL news is coming thick and fast.

Manly utility back Brad Parker jokes that it may be his red hair that attracts the attention of critics It’s his way of making light of the incessant bagging he cops from his own fans.Parker is in the top five when it comes to players most hammered by their own fans. The local junior cops abuse just about every game. Typically, it’s mostly done behind his back. “No one comes up to me and says it to my face – it’s all online, keyboard warriors, or they shout out when I’m on the wing” Parker told The Repeat Set.“I’ve had a couple of bad games in the past and I hear the critics but I try not to let them get inside my head. “People have their own opinions but it’s not going to affect me.”But it once did, Parker admitting he would dwell on a bad game for weeks. He said: “Obsessed is the right word for it. I’d think about it for two weeks if I’d had a bad game.“I’d be worried about performance and errors and dwell on it, but not now.“You’ve just got to get on with the next game.”

Hope he has a big game today!!!

Thank you for the post @Wombat64 . Good read

Parker seems like a great guy and being a Manly guy fans would wish him all the best today

He was a player of plenty of promise coming up the grades and his NRL debut match in NZ was a stand out and he got the accolades he deserved

Brad Parker if you are reading this I hope you have a big game today and do the Manly jumper proud as our club and us fans expect nothing else but that

Back Parker for a double today !!
Not a Massive fan, but has slightly improved and can't knock him is the sense of giving 100%...
After seeing that Roosters winger last night almost lose the game single handed....as they say in the X Files....we are not alone @:eek:

Jurbo has been lacklustre for a while now. Forget about the stats. His runs don't get us over the advantage line. He doesn't bend the line either. He is a solid player and doesn't do a lot wrong. I just find in attack he is very predictable.

He'd make a good 5/8

Back Parker for a double today !!
Not a Massive fan, but has slightly improved and can't knock him is the sense of giving 100%...
After seeing that Roosters winger last night almost lose the game single handed....as they say in the X Files....we are not alone @:eek:
Criticism is just part and parcel of being an elite athlete... it happens in every sport across the world. Funny how they report how he’s in the top five but only mention Manly supporters lol. Hate fuelled cowardice aimed towards players is another thing entirely though.

I don’t like the title if this thread it is inappropriate and disrespectful. I would expect to read this garbage on an Eels Forum or a Bulldogs forum but not ours!

The only Person that can make changes to this thread is Big Red

Over to you Brad . I hope you have an awesome game today feathered friend

gettyimages-946435642-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
LEAGUE
  • 43M AGO
  • 5 Slides
Getty Images
Written ByTHE REPEAT SET

It's a tough sport and it's his job but must be hard to take all this negativity on board. Hope he has a big game today!!!

While I understand the article and the comments about criticisms, etc I'd like to add:

My God, it's 2019 is the "say it to my face" still really the all encompassing bogan alpha male wanna be challenge?

Geez Parker, whatya gunna do is someone does say it? Punch them the hell out??? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's on the same level as "oh yeah.... well how many nrl games have you plaaaaaaaaaayed???"

Bogans bogans everywhere. Sometimes it's a curse to have been too smart too have played footy. OFFENCE INTENDED. lol

That said: Go Brad! I hope you have a great game today. I said last week it's just a small flame in the wind so I hope he can re-stoke the flames.

While I understand the article and the comments about criticisms, etc I'd like to add:

My God, it's 2019 is the "say it to my face" still really the all encompassing bogan alpha male wanna be challenge?

Geez Parker, whatya gunna do is someone does say it? Punch them the hell out??? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's on the same level as "oh yeah.... well how many nrl games have you plaaaaaaaaaayed???"

Bogans bogans everywhere. Sometimes it's a curse to have been too smart too have played footy. OFFENCE INTENDED. lol

That said: Go Brad! I hope you have a great game today. I said last week it's just a small flame in the wind so I hope he can re-stoke the flames.

yeah its 2019 , so Im allowed to insult you, but don't you dare threaten me, you neanderthal....hahahaha

btw, Brad, you should become a keyboard warrior it's the in thing....

So, in case any of you were wondering, the constant negativity and personal insults do actually hit home to the players, who are human beings, as well.

Might be worth remembering before we shoot too hard from the hip, at times.

yeah its 2019 , so Im allowed to insult you, but don't you dare threaten me, you neanderthal....hahahaha

The canucks (hockey) team once signed a crap defenseman called Luca Sbisa. One night he went to a restaurant and told the guy he has a booking under "Sbisa". The guy said, "Oh you have the same name as that crap defenseman the Canucks just signed."

He turned and walked out.

6 months later he was giving an interview and re-counted the incident. So I guess the comments sometimes do stick!

Finally! Found a link

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spo...ove-the-scorn-and-negativity/article24123412/

Thank you for the post @Wombat64

Brad Parker if you are reading this I hope you have a big game today and do the Manly jumper proud as our club and us fans expect nothing else but that
Gunna hazard a guess here Bozo, pretty sure with a cpl hours to kick off, Brad isn’t sitting on his I-pad reading the “ Brad Parker is **** thread. Then again could be wrong and he’s reading it going I’ll show those f@ckers!:eek:....followed by Muttley-esque sniggering.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8