Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hank was good today other than that dropped ball.
Kata the slowest centre Kiwi mows him down. Had Elgey on his outside (not that that would’ve mattered, he would’ve dropped it anyway)
But, and there is a but. He ran for 128 metres, 5 tackle busts, 7 tackle made 1 miss.
By those stats he is slowly improving.

Last edited:
Kata the slowest centre Kiwi mows him down. Had Elgey on his outside (not that that would’ve mattered, he would’ve dropped it anyway)
But, and there is a but. He ran for 128 metres, 5 tackle busts, 7 tackle made 1 miss.
By those stats he is slowly improving.

Slow maybe, but Steve Matai was no speed freak either (please note that speed is the ONLY part of their games in which I'll compare Parker and Matai).

Still, without that 60 metre intercept run we would have been defending our own line.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time I have seen Brad Parker show any sort of attacking game and honestly, he looked good doing it. I hope we see more of it. A lot more of it.

No pace, no flair, no x factor. Can't see him getting a bigger compliment than he had a solid game. Don't think he should be or will be our first choice pick for left center at the end of the season..

Parker's not exactly a speedster, probably about Matai pace.
And yes, Elgey gets another go because of our win but he needs to stamp some authority on the side fairly soon. Did some good things today he's capable of much more.

From what I can recall Steve Matai was faster than Parker .

One thing for sure Parkers performance yesterday was a big improvement from our 2018 turnstile back line

Parker has only played 3 games in his more suited centre position and with stability and gaining confidence he can improve more

Elgey is capable of more from what we have seen of him yesterday and I also Like Cust and hope he is given an opportunity

He tries very hard and I enjoy that, sadly just naturally I don’t think he has what it takes to go up another level, but he is a good squad depth member

He must be in the grand final with Daryl Halligan for slowest outside back in history
Nice picture on FB with Marty, KE.

Was better today, But still has a Clanger in him every game. Also a bit of a worry when a centre can’t score off an intercept with the headstart he had.

I’m still hoping he is only a short term solution to our backline. Busy hadn’t got enough game, but I’m glad he did well this round

LEAGUE
  • 43M AGO
  • 5 Slides
The Repeat Set: Melbourne Storm locked out and denied access in Bathurst
Craig Bellamy's side were stitched up by the Panthers ahead of their round three clash in Bathurst.
Getty Images
Written ByTHE REPEAT SET

The 2019 season is now in full flight and the NRL news is coming thick and fast.

Fans turn on honest local junior

Manly utility back Brad Parker jokes that it may be his red hair that attracts the attention of critics It’s his way of making light of the incessant bagging he cops from his own fans.Parker is in the top five when it comes to players most hammered by their own fans. The local junior cops abuse just about every game. Typically, it’s mostly done behind his back. “No one comes up to me and says it to my face – it’s all online, keyboard warriors, or they shout out when I’m on the wing” Parker told The Repeat Set.“I’ve had a couple of bad games in the past and I hear the critics but I try not to let them get inside my head. “People have their own opinions but it’s not going to affect me.”But it once did, Parker admitting he would dwell on a bad game for weeks. He said: “Obsessed is the right word for it. I’d think about it for two weeks if I’d had a bad game.“I’d be worried about performance and errors and dwell on it, but not now.“You’ve just got to get on with the next game.”

It's a tough sport and it's his job but must be hard to take all this negativity on board. Hope he has a big game today!!!
It's poor form that a local junior has to put up with the vitriol.
Do people think he picks himself?
He might be as good as we have and that might not be enough but he doesn't deserve the crap he cops.
I'm from a time when we didn't bag a Manly local product.
I'll go back there...

He tries very hard and I enjoy that, sadly just naturally I don’t think he has what it takes to go up another level, but he is a good squad depth member

He must be in the grand final with Daryl Halligan for slowest outside back in history
Matt Wright wants to know why you don’t rate him as the slowest back in history

Some of you numbnuts have to understand that Parker is NOT on a first 17 graders contract .... he is NOT on $500k or $650k a year .... he is lucky to be on $200k .... he is a depth player, and the punchies amongst you need to judge his contribution and value accordingly .....

Go Ginga Ninja (thans for that name) you good thing ...

In the sixties, we had a competent, but slow, reserve grade centre named George McTaggart who regularly played first grade. He was the ultimate plodder, but due to lack of depth, he sometimes played on the wing in first grade. It was revelation when Manly later bought Les Hanigan, who was one of the fastest players in the game at that time.

Matt wasn't a speedster, but I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have been run down like Parker was with the intercept yesterday.

I am not a critic of Parker, but he just doesn't have the natural speed to be a regular first grade three quarter. Many backrowers in the comp are faster than him. It is unfortunate because he is a very wholehearted player ...

One thing we need to consider.
Tom to me is going to cost us another 300k per season to 1.2.
Players like Parker we going to need to develop. I don't think he got it but playing group love him all photos yesterday had him front and centre.

He keeps improving. Made a few good defensive reads and solid tackles against big kiwi outside backs yesterday. Almost poked his head through a few times.

I don’t think he will ever be a prolific try scoring machine. That’s not what this side needs anyway, with attacking superstars concentrated around our spine. He just needs to tackle well, kick chase, shield his winter and draw and pass. He can easily be a Matt Cooper type player (someone who I thought was way overrated but still solid and reliable).

Lol he would have scored that try. As soon as Brad was in the clear I had him being run down , he did look much better running though than last season against Brisbane when he looked like rubber bands were holding him together

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14