Bozo v Baz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Players lost...Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Burher, Parcell.

Players gained...Uate, Sironen, Perret, Lane, Kelly.

Bring on 2017 !
Lyon, Matai and Stewart didn't offer much last year. You have to look at what they can contribute now as opposed to what they've done to do a fair analysis. Parcell is all potential at this point. Buhrer while a hard worker and someone who is well liked is too injury prone. His knees are capable of giving out at any time. Plus his size doesn't seem to gel with what they are trying to do. Ask Junior Paulo...

Yes, but as I've said did any of the names mentioned play continual full-time 1st-grade rugby league last year.
I rest my case, your honour.
I don't live in the past Andrew , I look towards a bright future and all those players have proven to have the skill to fulfill their potential with our club . Give those boys a chance to prove them selves before you your rest your case.

Bozo, I've genuinely tried to turn my negativity around and put a positive spin on 2017. The treatment of Toovey took me a long time for me to digest, then there is the nepotism and the turnstile treatment of loyal players like Ballin and Burher.
I'm actually pretty big on loyalty but let's not forget it cuts both ways.

In regards to Jamie Buhrer and 2 of the injuries that kept him off the field a lot this year, a broken jaw and a broken hand could happen to anyone. His size also is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

He played 15 games for us this year and averaged 36 tackles per game. To break that down a little further,

Round 23 - 49 tackles.
Round 24 - 44 tackles.
Round 14 - 42 tackles.
Round 19 - 41 tackles.
Round 21 - 39 tackles.
Round 26 - 39 tackles.

He was also a good metre gainer averaging 105m per game including,

Round 17 - 193m

In fact, he made over 100m on 9 occasions, and in rounds 13 and 16 he made 98m and 92m respectively. That's out of 15 games.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/manly-sea-eagles/jamie-buhrer#.WFsNeeT_qM8

To boil down his defensive capabilities to one tackle attempt on Paulo is quite frankly, ridiculous. And to claim Buhrer doesn't possess ball playing skills is just as silly. Those statements read like people trying desperately to find a positive reason for a swap of Buhrer for Uate.

If we are going for size at the expense of mobility and defensive capability, well....I believe we will be found wanting up the middle next year. The same as we did when Beaver and Williamson went.

Unless you have a defensive workhorse, like Buhrer was, cleaning up around the middle, you will get found out. Let's hope Api ups his defensive workload next year. And his size, if that's what we're going for.

It's all hard to fathom. I hope that's due to my small understanding of our future plans.

Lyon, Matai and Stewart didn't offer much last year. You have to look at what they can contribute now as opposed to what they've done to do a fair analysis. Parcell is all potential at this point. Buhrer while a hard worker and someone who is well liked is too injury prone. His knees are capable of giving out at any time. Plus his size doesn't seem to gel with what they are trying to do. Ask Junior Paulo...
You are spot on their Loobs . It was embarrassing to watch our smaller 2016 forward pack get rolled .
1467797230566.jpg

untitled.png

In regards to Jamie Buhrer and 2 of the injuries that kept him off the field a lot this year, a broken jaw and a broken hand could happen to anyone. His size also is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

He played 15 games for us this year and averaged 36 tackles per game. To break that down a little further,

Round 23 - 49 tackles.
Round 24 - 44 tackles.
Round 14 - 42 tackles.
Round 19 - 41 tackles.
Round 21 - 39 tackles.
Round 26 - 39 tackles.

He was also a good metre gainer averaging 105m per game including,

Round 17 - 193m

In fact, he made over 100m on 9 occasions, and in rounds 13 and 16 he made 98m and 92m respectively. That's out of 15 games.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/manly-sea-eagles/jamie-buhrer#.WFsNeeT_qM8

To boil down his defensive capabilities to one tackle attempt on Paulo is quite frankly, ridiculous. And to claim Buhrer doesn't possess ball playing skills is just as silly. Those statements read like people trying desperately to find a positive reason for a swap of Buhrer for Uate.

If we are going for size at the expense of mobility and defensive capability, well....I believe we will be found wanting up the middle next year. The same as we did when Beaver and Williamson went.

Unless you have a defensive workhorse, like Buhrer was, cleaning up around the middle, you will get found out. Let's hope Api ups his defensive workload next year. And his size, if that's what we're going for.

It's all hard to fathom. I hope that's due to my small understanding of our future plans.
The prior two seasons ended with knee reconstructions.

Players lost...Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Burher, Parcell.

Players gained...Uate, Sironen, Perret, Lane, Kelly.

Bring on 2017 !
Lost

Lyon - one the best centres in the game ever
Matai - one of manly's best ever centres
Stewart - probably Manly's second or third best full back ever
Bhurer - solid player and one of the few forwards who eas effective last year
Parcell young player with unlimited potential

Players gained

Uate - couldn't even make the knights first grade side last year. Say no more
Sironen - reserve grader. Son of a legend. Similar in ability to other son's of legends Scott Fulton, Darren MCcarthy, Troy McCarthy, Liam Roach, Daniel Mortimer, Cory hughes etc etc
Perret - reserve grader with dogs who couldn't wait to get rid of him Reputation for being soft and poor defence.
Lane - dogs and warriors couldn't get him to play Big but also soft
Kelly - huge talent but known to go missing in games

Bozo, I've genuinely tried to turn my negativity around and put a positive spin on 2017. The treatment of Toovey took me a long time for me to digest, then there is the nepotism and the turnstile treatment of loyal players like Ballin and Burher.
I'm actually pretty big on loyalty but let's not forget it cuts both ways.
We all Love Toovey but unfortunately political turmoil is in all clubs and as for players like Ballin and Burher when there is a change of guard in clubs their is also a change in the player roster but I am never changing the way I feel about this legendary club that I love and this legendary club I love is bigger than any legendary player .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Lost

Lyon - one the best centres in the game ever
Matai - one of manly's best ever centres
Stewart - probably Manly's second or third best full back ever
Bhurer - solid player and one of the few forwards who eas effective last year
Parcell young player with unlimited potential

Players gained

Sironen - reserve grader. Son of a legend. Similar in ability to other son's of legends Scott Fulton, Darren MCcarthy, Troy McCarthy, Liam Roach, Daniel Mortimer, Cory hughes etc etc
Perret - reserve grader with dogs who couldn't wait to get rid of him Reputation for being soft and poor defence.
There will be a more accurate assessment on players gained after we see them in action playing for us in 2017

The prior two seasons ended with knee reconstructions.

And this year? All that tells me is that we have lost a very talented young player with heart, determination and passion. The new guys we have signed also have knees that could go at any time, so that shouldn't come into consideration. A "healthy" knee can go just as quickly as a reconstructed one.

The issue is (or should be) ability. A proven track record. To release a player of Buhrer's calibre and replace him with ? is a poor tactical gamble, but that's just my opinion.

We all Love Toovey but unfortunately political turmoil is in all clubs and as for players like Ballin and Burher when there is a change of guard in clubs their is also a change in the player roster but I am never changing the way I feel about this legendary club that I love and this legendary club I love is bigger than any legendary player .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Sorry?

Let me get this straight.....

You are telling us that Tooves being shafted is part and parcel of club politics. That no legendary player is bigger that the club.

So can you tell me what your blind (almost fanatical) defence od Fulton is then?

We ALL love Manly. That is why things get passionate in here.

But to preach to others "no one person is bigger than the club" and then belittle, preach and dismiss anyone who dares question what Fulton has done these past couple of years, is, quite frankly, hypocricy at its best.

Sorry?

Let me get this straight.....

You are telling us that Tooves being shafted is part and parcel of club politics. That no legendary player is bigger that the club.

So can you tell me what your blind (almost fanatical) defence od Fulton is then?

We ALL love Manly. That is why things get passionate in here.

But to preach to others "no one person is bigger than the club" and then belittle, preach and dismiss anyone who dares question what Fulton has done these past couple of years, is, quite frankly, hypocricy at its best.
Fulton has has a history of success with our club with 3 premierships wins as a player and 2 as a coach ,a total of 5 premiership wins from our clubs 8
Fulton is in charge of rebuilding our club to be a force once again and this takes time and people should wait and see the final outcome before they start to (using your word) " belittle " our only Immortal .
Yes we all love Manly and we are all feathered friends as we are from the same nest . :)

Fulton has has a history of success with our club with 3 premierships wins as a player and 2 as a coach ,a total of 5 premiership wins from our clubs 8
Fulton is in charge of rebuilding our club to be a force once again and this takes time and people should wait and see the final outcome before they start to (using your word) " belittle " our only Immortal .
Yes we all love Manly and we are all feathered friends as we are from the same nest . :)

Toovey played in a premiership as our captain and bled for this club like no other player in our history.

He played for ONE club too. Our club.

He was also involved in 2 other grand finals and an intergral part of the coaching staff in 2008 and 2011.

I'd say that affords him as much respect as ANYONE else from the Manly club.

Add to that the dignity and class he has displayed subsequent to his deplorable exit.

Hypocricy.

Toovey played in a premiership as our captain and bled for this club like no other player in our history.

He played for ONE club too. Our club.

He was also involved in 2 other grand finals and an intergral part of the coaching staff in 2008 and 2011.

I'd say that affords him as much respect as ANYONE else from the Manly club.

Add to that the dignity and class he has displayed subsequent to his deplorable exit.

Hypocricy.
Look back on the Toovey Forums and you will not find me once being critical of Toovey !!! I have nothing but praise for him .
Bring on 2017 !!!

Lost

Stop it Tooks, you're killing me

Look back on the Toovey Forums and you will not find me once being critical of Toovey !!! I have nothing but praise for him .
Bring on 2017 !!!

Not saying for one second that you did have a go at Toovey.

My point was you defend old mate Fulton to the hilt, saying he is a legend etc etc, then in the same breathe say we should accept the crap with Toovey because "no one player is greater than the club".

Anyway.

Not saying for one second that you did have a go at Toovey.

My point was you defend old mate Fulton to the hilt, saying he is a legend etc etc, then in the same breathe say we should accept the crap with Toovey because "no one player is greater than the club".

Anyway.
If Fulton got politically assassinated like Toovey did I would accept it just as I did with Toovey . There are politics in all clubs and sht happens in all clubs . At the end of the day our club is bigger than all of us including immortals . This is my view and we will agree to disagree and continue to agree on one thing and that is we all love the Manly Sea eagles

Bozo would fit right in in Bobbys camp. He has always surrounded himself with unquestioning sycophants who agree with everything. And if you do happen to disagree he sacks you.

He was barely seen around the joint as he guided NSW to defeat after defeat with the same guys getting picked every year. Meanwhile Manly were dominating the NRL

Back he comes and guess what CHAOS.

Newsflash Rugby League is differen 20 years on

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8