Booze Rothfield at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"If true" - suli's not the only one disappointed over the lack of game time.

Manly bought this 'young but slightly troubled' gun, worked their ass off to help him and when he finally gets fit (but has to battle for his spot as he lost it on his own accord) he apparently wants out?

I'm disappointed I had to go through all this knowing Manly had spent $$$$$$ and used up a roster spot.

I thought he's looked ok in his recent cameo's so hopefully it's buzz being buzz and Suli is happy.

Remember when Schuster was so angry about being here recently?

Also buzz's "shoosh" usually don't involve names (I thought) - yet he names (again) a Manly player.

where's covid when you need it?
Gotta luv the moose. Manly through and through.

still no indication whether Walker is staying or not , Tippy toes [ tuipolotu ] still seems a bit off the pace for i st grade centre consideration . Suli was one of the best performers against the Dragons and can play 2 nd row at a pinch in a sub role . Think that the club would prefer to have him for at least one more year , unless koula has come into calculations for next season as a utility i st grade back but he will on present indications have very little footy for the rest of the season . Most likely just idle speculation and a couple of dead beat jurnos getting up to a bit of mischief

He is off contract at the end of next year, so we will soon be in the familiar territory of other teams negotiating deals for 2023 in the hope they can get the player earlier.

I like Suli and want to see him fulfil his potential. However, Parker and Harper are deservingly in front of him at the moment, and he is being paid (and his next contract is likely to again be based) on potential rather than performance. I can understand paying a bloke on potential for a 2-3 years max but he is in 5th year of potential based deals.

He is off contract at the end of next year, so we will soon be in the familiar territory of other teams negotiating deals for 2023 in the hope they can get the player earlier.

I like Suli and want to see him fulfil his potential. However, Parker and Harper are deservingly in front of him at the moment, and he is being paid (and his next contract is likely to again be based) on potential rather than performance. I can understand paying a bloke on potential for a 2-3 years max but he is in 5th year of potential based deals.
Can 't imagine any other club at present paying full freight for him , even 350 k max . Manly say paying 200 k and where is the advantage in that . , also in comparison in loosing a fairly handy player . [ albeit a bit overpriced at the moment ] Maybe the situation could again alter if Walker stays on and koula comes into contention as a likely i st grader outside back / full back

True, let's not forget we were paying Michael Chee Kam for three or four years based on his potential before we cut him loose, he's still struggles to make the run on squad

Suli was very average until recently. had some good games, but too slow and predictable, despite the early wraps on him. Since his return he seems to have taken his game to another level. But I'm not sure where Manly can put him. He's more like a hard running forward now and maybe that's his destiny.

Can 't imagine any other club at present paying full freight for him , even 350 k max . Manly say paying 200 k and where is the advantage in that . , also in comparison in loosing a fairly handy player . [ albeit a bit overpriced at the moment ] Maybe the situation could again alter if Walker stays on and koula comes into contention as a likely i st grader outside back / full back
Agree with what you say, but if my memory serves me correctly, the dragons were prepared to pay him $550k a year last time he was on the market and he stayed with us for less (not sure what the final figure was). So maybe it’s not so much money for another club to stump up full freight.

Who knows what will happen with Walker… it doesn’t seem as though other clubs are lining up for his services.

Agree with what you say, but if my memory serves me correctly, the dragons were prepared to pay him $550k a year last time he was on the market and he stayed with us for less (not sure what the final figure was). So maybe it’s not so much money for another club to stump up full freight.

Who knows what will happen with Walker… it doesn’t seem as though other clubs are lining up for his services.
Had the impression that Dragons offered him 600 to 650 range and he decided to stay for 550 k plus a K F C sponsorship [ just joking ]. Again seems ironic that many posters, including me were assuming that Walker - Suli would be the i st pick centre combo this season and guess that it just a credit to Harper and Parker on their solid form this season [ even allowing for Walker and suli "s injury setbacks previously ] High value player to have as 18 th man but it is what it is i guess and ongoing no doubt , Cust is a good footy player also but is down on the list even more .

personally i think hed be mad to go ... Des has got him int he best shape out of all other coaches... Gamble for him , he may be a starter for heas of other teams , but how will his diet go ... up to him in the end.. personally id rather he stay for depth..ATM you cant drop Harper for himhe needs to let his talent do the talking at training and each opportunity he gets

Seems plausible to me. There are currently no NSW Cup games being played and he is fit and ready to go but has to be a ball boy instead; I doubt there'd be too many first graders happy to keep doing that. Of course it would frustrate him. Can't blame him for wanting to get regular game time and further his career. We have two guys in front of him that are doing very well and he is a on a fair chunk of coin; it's win/win if we cut him loose.

More money for Klemmer.

Seems plausible to me. There are currently no NSW Cup games being played and he is fit and ready to go but has to be a ball boy instead; I doubt there'd be too many first graders happy to keep doing that. Of course it would frustrate him. Can't blame him for wanting to get regular game time and further his career. We have two guys in front of him that are doing very well and he is a on a fair chunk of coin; it's win/win if we cut him loose.

More money for Klemmer.
I can understand his frustration not playing but I wouldn’t be bringing in that the NSW Cup as the games he played there this season,he put in a half assed efforts

More money for Klemmer.
Fair comment but who is going to pay his current contract value , and the consideration if Walker is not staying on . Parker is running good lines and more then measuring up in defence but is Suli really that far behind him at present , could suggest that he could be more of a weapon then Parker if he is totally switched on and defence in order . Hard to replace Harper on present indications . Thought that someone mentioned that Klemmer was on about 800 k with 2 years remaining in his contract and we still have Marty on apparently some back ended 800 k or so next season . Not privy how koula is going at training drills or expectation with the club brains trust but if unless he is being considered for a climb up soon in ranking to i st grade into next season , again not sure of the wisdom in letting Suli go while he is still under contract . Due respects to Croker but think that a fit and able Fainu would be able to contribute more to a title threat then acquiring Klemmer and not to mention again his price tag .

Fair comment but who is going to pay his current contract value , and the consideration if Walker is not staying on . Parker is running good lines and more then measuring up in defence but is Suli really that far behind him at present , could suggest that he could be more of a weapon then Parker if he is totally switched on and defence in order . Hard to replace Harper on present indications . Thought that someone mentioned that Klemmer was on about 800 k with 2 years remaining in his contract and we still have Marty on apparently some back ended 800 k or so next season . Not privy how koula is going at training drills or expectation with the club brains trust but if unless he is being considered for a climb up soon in ranking to i st grade into next season , again not sure of the wisdom in letting Suli go while he is still under contract . Due respects to Croker but think that a fit and able Fainu would be able to contribute more to a title threat then acquiring Klemmer and not to mention again his price tag .
I think there'd be a fair few clubs willing to pay Suli's current price. A homecoming of sorts to the Tigers? Dragons could use him and have previously shown interest. Take your pick of the bottom 8 teams and I'd say all of them could have a look...

I can understand his frustration not playing but I wouldn’t be bringing in that the NSW Cup as the games he played there this season,he put in a half assed efforts
The NSW Cup comment is relevant because it would mean he'd get game time to offset sitting on the bench, which would only increase frustration. At the very least he'd feel like he had something to do...

Suli’s defence is bush league compared to Parker’s

Yes,true,but only if he bothered putting in an effort
I'm not commenting on his effort and/or performance; I get that he was underwhelming in the cup games...I am just saying, players that are not getting 1st grade game time, would be frustrated because they have nothing to fall back on. It makes sense that when the fall back option is taken off the table, missing out on FG becomes just that bit more frustrating and disappointing.

We also have tuipolotu on a longer deal who I think prefers Centre.

He may prefer centre, but needs a lot of work defensively.
Sluggish, out of position, terrible reads, last time I saw him play there.

Very underwhelming.

Maybe just an off day though, but I wouldn't be betting the farm on this guy.

He may prefer centre, but needs a lot of work defensively.
Sluggish, out of position, terrible reads, last time I saw him play there.

Very underwhelming.

Maybe just an off day though, but I wouldn't be betting the farm on this guy.
think that one T V network gave him M O M against the Dragons 2 wks ago, certainly in Manly 's top 3 performers on the night

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4