Booze Rothfield at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It makes no sense at all to move anybody up there. Hatcher must be concerned about the Queensland sides having to spread the corporate dollar further. A state in disarray.
The only sense it makes is that the NRL will save around 10 million a year by not adding a 17th team.

Here's Rothfield again, making a mountain out of a mole hill

Phil Rothfield: Unrest at Sea Eagles could derail their season​

The Sea Eagles are surging up the ladder but there is a major drama happening behind the scenes, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.

Phil RothfieldPhil Rothfield

There is major drama happening behind the scenes at the Manly Sea Eagles over the fitness of a number of their star players that threatens to derail their season.
In the last month Jake Trbojevic (hip), Josh Schuster (calf), Curtis Sironen (hamstring) and Cade Cust (hamstring) have all succumbed to injuries at training.
There have been suggestions Sironen was pushed too hard while recovering from a knee injury which has now led to a hamstring problem.
Stream selected Fox League shows on Kayo Freebies completely free this June including NRL 360, Sunday Night with Matty Johns, Big League Wrap & more. No Credit Card. No Brainer. Register Free Now >
Schuster did his calf muscle at training in the week leading up to the selection of the NSW Blues side for State of Origin.
Our mail is that it probably cost him a Blues jersey.
The youngster is too shy to talk about it publicly. But, rest assured, he is not happy.
We know he has raised it with those closest to him.
Josh Schuster is out with a calf injury. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)

Josh Schuster is out with a calf injury. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)
There have been disagreements in recent times between the club’s medical and high performance staff about the workload on players, various training exercises and general rehab.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Watch the world's best shows on BINGE New customers get a 14 Day Free Trial

Your columnist understands one experienced staff member has threatened to quit.
Both coach Des Hasler and chief executive Stephen Humphreys are well aware of the situation.
Humphreys is now conducting a full scale review of Manly’s support staff.
This is not a new problem at Manly because last year they had 10 hamstring tears.
Injuries are a big enough problem on game day, let alone at training.
It is a problem the Sea Eagles need to urgently fix if they are to be a serious premiership contender.
This premiership can be won by any of the top teams.
Not every game will be as soft as Sunday against the Titans. The teams with the fittest players fit in September will be hardest to beat.
There are major dramas at the Sea Eagles. Picture: Damian Shaw

There are major dramas at the Sea Eagles. Picture: Damian Shaw

yeah... good one rothfool

look at that derailed season you oxygen thief and mushroom fiddler.

better get the monkeys typing for your next lie about Manly.

My god you just simply suck at life. Your best days.... never were.

"If true" - suli's not the only one disappointed over the lack of game time.

Manly bought this 'young but slightly troubled' gun, worked their ass off to help him and when he finally gets fit (but has to battle for his spot as he lost it on his own accord) he apparently wants out?

I'm disappointed I had to go through all this knowing Manly had spent $$$$$$ and used up a roster spot.

I thought he's looked ok in his recent cameo's so hopefully it's buzz being buzz and Suli is happy.

Remember when Schuster was so angry about being here recently?

Also buzz's "shoosh" usually don't involve names (I thought) - yet he names (again) a Manly player.

where's covid when you need it?

Suli likely would not excel anywhere except maybe Storm or under Des. If he wants out let him go and recoup the $$$. Dangerous on his day but Centre is now a more important defensive position imo and that ain’t his strength. I think if we retain Walker (cheap) and save on Sulis salary this could be a very smart business move. We also have tuipolotu on a longer deal who I think prefers Centre.

Pretty sure is on a big money contract with us as we had to fend off St George to keep him originally. From memory is was north of 500k possibly 600k so if we could wipe that off our books that would be massive.
Cant be paying a reserve that kind off money so this is a great opportunity to move it on. Hopefully they will pay full freight and we don’t have to contribute and for the remainder of his contract.

Just hope it doesn’t upset the playing group too much

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8