Booze Rothfield at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garbage article, zero effort to provide factual information, lazy bastard!

For starters Finucane wasn’t an Origin player when he was released to Storm. He had come through at a similar time to Josh Jackson, they were both smaller workhorse types and Jackson was considered the better of the two, so it wasn’t a shock that one was released, it wasn’t ‘inexplicable’.

In early 2014 Liccha was signed for 2015, soon after making his debut at Sharks. He was 20, and had been hooker in the NYC team of the year, played junior Origin for NSW, and played Junior Kangaroos - all in both 2012 and 2013! He played for City in 2014 after only 3 NRL games and looked like a great signing for Dogs. Hindsight is great.

Ennis signed with the Sharks half way through 2014. He was in his 12th season in NRL, he clearly only had a limited time left in the game, and the Dogs had the hottest hooking prospect signed to come in for 2015. It was hardly controversial not to get in a bidding war for Ennis at that stage. The biggest blunder of all? Yep, hindsight is great.

Cook signed with Souths at the end of 2015. At the time he was a 24 year-old who had only managed 9 NRL games over 3 years at 2 different clubs. He wasn’t a star signing. Maguire signed him ‘to add depth to the squad at dummy half’, and he was expected to compete with the likes of Cam McInnes for first grade. Hindsight is great..

And Hasler didn’t “then” sign T Rex Eastwood and Will Hoppa. T Rex was already signed way back half way through 2012, at the time he was a current Origin and Test player and premiership winner. Eastwood had started at the Dogs in 2009 and was there well before Hasler arrived. Hopoate was re-signed twice by the Dogs - including 2 years after Hasler had left.

This bit is hilarious:

“We lost the heart and soul of our club when all those players were allowed to leave,” Dib said on Sunday. “They were all great players, great clubmen, great Bulldogs. I can still remember Damien Cook crying about having to leave. I trusted the wrong people.

Damien Cook was a great Bulldog? Please. The Morris boys were south coast and St George players, plus they love to play for minimum pay so why did they have to leave? Reynolds, yeah he was shattered at having to sign a reported $3 million 4 year deal to go to Tigers.

Obviously maintaining a ‘balanced’ roster over time is difficult. In fact who can do it? Oh yeah, Storm, Chooks. Anyone else?

Anyway on holiday during lockdown, good opportunity to debunk a cheap Buzz hatchet job.
You left out one fact-Damien Cook was a former beach sprint champ,you can’t mention him without that tidbit,it’s Rugby League law

I agree with the article even though I can't stand Rothtool. He had full control at the dogs and you can include crusher as well who was touted as the recruitment guru at the time. He also upgraded Tolman's contract from memory.

He did get rid of Ennis for Lichaa, backended contracts of Eastwood and Hopoate. By the time he finished culling the dogs had no attack and their defence was woeful.

Now I'm glad when they signed him at Manly full control of the recruitment and retention was taken away from him.

At the moment Des is doing a good job and getting results. An autonomy is unhealthy and can and lead to poor decisions. Our recruitment has been good, players are being selected on form, we are playing an open expansive style of football and we are winning. That wasn't the case in 2020 and in the first four rounds in 2021. Our performances suggest that Des is surrounded by people that are getting it right and whilst he is the head he must be listening. He has evolved and transitioned into the modern game. I don't judge someone simply by the mistakes that they have made but look at how they respond after making them. The cream rises to the top. Go Manly. Cheap shot by the Sloth.

Des was sent to the dogs to destroy them and simply came home when the job was done

He was never a dog and didn't know the culture there

At Manly it is his home and his knows the club and its culture
Oh yeah, I love a good conspiracy theory, actually, if you go on their Kennel site they say the same thing, that Des was a double agent, sent to derail them for years to come, lol..

Pretty sure is on a big money contract with us as we had to fend off St George to keep him originally. From memory is was north of 500k possibly 600k so if we could wipe that off our books that would be massive.
Cant be paying a reserve that kind off money so this is a great opportunity to move it on. Hopefully they will pay full freight and we don’t have to contribute and for the remainder of his contract.

Just hope it doesn’t upset the playing group too much
I think it's something like $850,000 for two years

I think it's something like $850,000 for two years
About that and Suli could have got an extra $150,000 from St George...but chose Manly.
In reality, these type of contracts were based on 2-3 Super games and potential....
All I want from here is his best every opportunity he gets, as Manly strive for a title...this is the perfect opportunity to prove the clubs faith in him and for the big bloke to prove he has the ability many good judges claim he has

SlothField says on NRL360 that Des walked into a ready made team from Barrett. Who actually pays this tool to say this sh1t

He built the team at Penrith too didn’t you hear? It’s also the worst kept secret in RL that Bellamy has been taking tips from Barrett for years, and would be nothing without him. What’s not as well known is that Barrett was also actually the mastermind behind the Broncos premierships in the 90s, and St George’s run in the 50s and 60s.

For starters Finucane wasn’t an Origin player when he was released to Storm. He had come through at a similar time to Josh Jackson, they were both smaller workhorse types and Jackson was considered the better of the two, so it wasn’t a shock that one was released, it wasn’t ‘inexplicable’.

In early 2014 Liccha was signed for 2015, soon after making his debut at Sharks. He was 20, and had been hooker in the NYC team of the year, played junior Origin for NSW, and played Junior Kangaroos - all in both 2012 and 2013! He played for City in 2014 after only 3 NRL games and looked like a great signing for Dogs. Hindsight is great.

Ennis signed with the Sharks half way through 2014. He was in his 12th season in NRL, he clearly only had a limited time left in the game, and the Dogs had the hottest hooking prospect signed to come in for 2015. It was hardly controversial not to get in a bidding war for Ennis at that stage. The biggest blunder of all? Yep, hindsight is great.

Cook signed with Souths at the end of 2015. At the time he was a 24 year-old who had only managed 9 NRL games over 3 years at 2 different clubs. He wasn’t a star signing. Maguire signed him ‘to add depth to the squad at dummy half’, and he was expected to compete with the likes of Cam McInnes for first grade. Hindsight is great..

And Hasler didn’t “then” sign T Rex Eastwood and Will Hoppa. T Rex was already signed way back half way through 2012, at the time he was a current Origin and Test player and premiership winner. Eastwood had started at the Dogs in 2009 and was there well before Hasler arrived. Hopoate was re-signed twice by the Dogs - including 2 years after Hasler had left.

This bit is hilarious:

“We lost the heart and soul of our club when all those players were allowed to leave,” Dib said on Sunday. “They were all great players, great clubmen, great Bulldogs. I can still remember Damien Cook crying about having to leave. I trusted the wrong people.

Damien Cook was a great Bulldog? Please. The Morris boys were south coast and St George players, plus they love to play for minimum pay so why did they have to leave? Reynolds, yeah he was shattered at having to sign a reported $3 million 4 year deal to go to Tigers.

Obviously maintaining a ‘balanced’ roster over time is difficult. In fact who can do it? Oh yeah, Storm, Chooks. Anyone else?

Anyway on holiday during lockdown, good opportunity to debunk a cheap Buzz hatchet job.
You’re good SER8 however, this is a brilliant de-bunk of Rothtool. Factual and to the point of the underling motive of the article.

Honestly he’s become irrelevant now , I’d be surprised if Fox continue his contract beyond 2021.

Although his clashes with Kunty probably entertain some.

I used to watch NRL 360 but think it’s become irrelevant too!!

So many hack guests ( although not all ).

This bit is hilarious:

Not that they’d ever print it, but I would love someone on NRL 360 read your post out, while the boozer is on the show. Great reply.

Honestly he’s become irrelevant now , I’d be surprised if Fox continue his contract beyond 2021.

Although his clashes with Kunty probably entertain some.

I used to watch NRL 360 but think it’s become irrelevant too!!

So many hack guests ( although not all ).
Since Ben Ikin has left Paul Kent seems angrier on the show than ever. They talk over each other to such an extent that you can’t hear a thing. It’s become unwatchable. None of them have any respect for Buzz at all and it’s got worse.

Similar to Graeme Hughes on that controversy corner. Buzz is treated like the class fool. They laugh at everything he says.

Barrett gets all the credit but Dan Ferris is the real genius. Here’s a shot of Turbo just before he started training with Ferris…

Couch potato Stock Photo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7