Booze Rothfield at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Here's Rothfield again, making a mountain out of a mole hill

Phil Rothfield: Unrest at Sea Eagles could derail their season​

The Sea Eagles are surging up the ladder but there is a major drama happening behind the scenes, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.

Phil RothfieldPhil Rothfield

There is major drama happening behind the scenes at the Manly Sea Eagles over the fitness of a number of their star players that threatens to derail their season.
In the last month Jake Trbojevic (hip), Josh Schuster (calf), Curtis Sironen (hamstring) and Cade Cust (hamstring) have all succumbed to injuries at training.
There have been suggestions Sironen was pushed too hard while recovering from a knee injury which has now led to a hamstring problem.
Stream selected Fox League shows on Kayo Freebies completely free this June including NRL 360, Sunday Night with Matty Johns, Big League Wrap & more. No Credit Card. No Brainer. Register Free Now >
Schuster did his calf muscle at training in the week leading up to the selection of the NSW Blues side for State of Origin.
Our mail is that it probably cost him a Blues jersey.
The youngster is too shy to talk about it publicly. But, rest assured, he is not happy.
We know he has raised it with those closest to him.
Josh Schuster is out with a calf injury. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)

Josh Schuster is out with a calf injury. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)
There have been disagreements in recent times between the club’s medical and high performance staff about the workload on players, various training exercises and general rehab.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Watch the world's best shows on BINGE New customers get a 14 Day Free Trial

Your columnist understands one experienced staff member has threatened to quit.
Both coach Des Hasler and chief executive Stephen Humphreys are well aware of the situation.
Humphreys is now conducting a full scale review of Manly’s support staff.
This is not a new problem at Manly because last year they had 10 hamstring tears.
Injuries are a big enough problem on game day, let alone at training.
It is a problem the Sea Eagles need to urgently fix if they are to be a serious premiership contender.
This premiership can be won by any of the top teams.
Not every game will be as soft as Sunday against the Titans. The teams with the fittest players fit in September will be hardest to beat.
There are major dramas at the Sea Eagles. Picture: Damian Shaw

There are major dramas at the Sea Eagles. Picture: Damian Shaw

Rothfield is a tool of the highest order, and hates Manly with a passion. Our comeback and current success would be doing his head in. No doubt there is conversation happening internally about our injuries at training. Rothfield is just using this to deliberately sow division and disunity in the club. A lot of what he has written here is exaggerated, and the rest he has made up. Wanker.

Schuster did his calf muscle at training in the week leading up to the selection of the NSW Blues side for State of Origin.
Our mail is that it probably cost him a Blues jersey.
The youngster is too shy to talk about it publicly. But, rest assured, he is not happy.
We know he has raised it with those closest to him.
"I'm not happy, think I'll tell my old mate Phil, we're pretty tight"..... yeah right.

Buzz I’m sure has early onset dementia, possibly not all that early really. He’s like old grandpa Simpson rambling on about rubbish until someone just pops him in the corner and gives him a beer.

Not a bad thing if they are reviewing the rehab and high performance unit.

May be determined that the injuries were unavoidable or may be that we can make some improvements in that area.

I like it

May be some part truth to the Schuster story. I don’t normally post rumour stuff, but this one sounded legit.

Friend of a friend is a dietician at Manly and apparently the reason the Shoe isn’t playing at the moment isn’t due to injury but failing to meet his weight KPIs. Apparently he has too much love for fast food and Des won’t play him until he gets below target weight.

It’s great that the Club are reviewing what is working and what isn’t working at training. But if our performances on the field are a direct reflection of how we are training, how much do you change? Particularly if an increase in training intensity was a factor in turning around our terrible start to the year. In any event, I am sure Des & Co will taper the boys as the season gets closer to the finals.

As for Cust and Siro being upset, I’d imagine that is as much to do with the fact that the longer they are on the sideline, the further away from first grade they have becoming. Cust in particular had finally gotten an opportunity this year before going down at training.

May be some part truth to the Schuster story. I don’t normally post rumour stuff, but this one sounded legit.

Friend of a friend is a dietician at Manly and apparently the reason the Shoe isn’t playing at the moment isn’t due to injury but failing to meet his weight KPIs. Apparently he has too much love for fast food and Des won’t play him until he gets below target weight.

Dieticians with loose lips sink ships, lol.
I like this rumour though, at his young age it is the right time to be learning the level of professionalism that will be required if he is ever to fully exploit his talents.

Booze was on the big sports breakfast this morning. Essentially said our doctor Nathan Gibbs and Don Singe don’t talk.

If true then nothing wrong with that - look how streamlined Suli has become since his injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2