Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Happy to have him coming off the bench but I don't feel he is the long-term solution to our 5/8 problem and, if there are other off-field issues, we have other options IMO...

How I wish it were so, but what other options do we have, aside from Cliify keeping his promise to come out of retirement?

How I wish it were so, but what other options do we have, aside from Cliify keeping his promise to come out of retirement?

Tom Wright or Cade Cust have gotta start playing 1st grade somewhere... I'd rather it was with us then someone else... and it's not like they will ruin our team dynamic atm...

This personaity thing with Hastings and the stated problems he has caused, are all away from his football. What I've seen of his performances on the field, suggest he is worth a place in the team. Really who cares if he's a d*ckhead off the field. As long as its not criminal and the players accept him when they are playing, get him out there. If it was a personaity contest to determine which players we select, there would be a lot of first graders without a job. This is about football and who is going to help you win. If Hastings is good enough, he should have been picked ages ago. And it may be frustaration on his part that Barrett wont let him have a go at 5/8. If I thought I was good enough and was being overlooked time and again especially by lesser players, I'd be difficult away from the game also. If its based on personality, then there's a lot of immaturity being displayed from all angles.

What no way, couldn't be any stupider than those posts calling for Hastings inclusion to save the team?

He wasn't being picked even before the Gladstone incident because he obviously isn't good enough, but yet now after all this drama he suddenly becomes a first grade footballer and the f***ing saviour.

I'm thinking those are stupider posts for sure.

He was a first grader before he came to us. He also hasn't put a foot wrong in first grade this year, with incredibly limited opportunities. When he has been busted back down to play for Blacktown he's been the best on the field most weeks. If the squad hated him and somebody else was playing better, then I'd have no reservations about him being dropped. But on the current form of the squad and with our current injury toll, he should be just about the first player picked next week.

I've seen some stupid posts on here, but this piece of work would have to trump them all...

197429.png

I'm not bagging Jackson as I think he is a pretty good impact player (when he is on) BUT I think the dire situation that Manly are in is elevating his ability exponentially in the eyes of some... Happy to have him coming off the bench but I don't feel he is the long-term solution to our 5/8 problem and, if there are other off-field issues, we have other options IMO...
Well i'm pretty sure he'll do a better job than Croker has done! Who do you suggest we utilize at this stage? Tom Wright, Luke Metcalf, Cade Cust? My feeling is that 'coach of the year Barrett' will elevate Brown to Hooker & Api to 5/8! What a cluster this year has turned into!!

Well i'm pretty sure he'll do a better job than Croker has done! Who do you suggest we utilize at this stage? Tom Wright, Luke Metcalf, Cade Cust? My feeling is that 'coach of the year Barrett' will elevate Brown to Hooker & Api to 5/8! What a cluster this year has turned into!!

I fear you are right. And if we play Brown at hooker and Api in the halves.....we'd be lucky to beat Blacktown let alone another NRL team.

I refuse to watch Manly again until Jackson Hastings is Picked in the Halves.

Hard to imagine a Manly team with Jake/Tom/DCE/Taupau/Fonua-Blake/Koirisau is about to go down as the Worst Manly team in history.

Hastings should be wearing the no.7 jersey no ifs or buts.

He will steer the team around with ease. He is the complete package. Crisp selective passing, great organizationsl skills, strong kicking game, he is a talker, has some mongrel in him and his defence has improved greatly over the last 12 months.

Koirisau should never be selected in the halves ever. Never ever he is useless in the halves.

Lewis Brown is the best option to give Koirisau a breather for 20 mins (max) per game.

Taupau needs to give the weights a rest. He has the worst ball security of any forward in the game. The iron obviously doesnt help this.

DCE will be a million dollars with Hastings doing what he is clueless at achieving.

If Barrett ignores Hastings, he will go down as the worst coach in NRL/ARL history.

If he selects him well there is still some hope left for all involved.
Mate I think ure on the same page as ohhhh 99.95% of us with ure comments.

I refuse to watch Manly again until Jackson Hastings is Picked in the Halves.

Hard to imagine a Manly team with Jake/Tom/DCE/Taupau/Fonua-Blake/Koirisau is about to go down as the Worst Manly team in history.

Well the 2000 side which is our current worst contained much better players. Menzies, Toovey, Orford. Gartner. Kosef, Taylor, Muir.

Also the 1980 side which flopped after adding Boyd,Brown and Dorahy to a roster that already contained a dozen international plus the Blake brothers.

It's interesting that coaching was the issue with both those sides from the past, not so much the roster.

Barrett is flushing his coaching career down the toilet with his stubbornness and poor group leadship. Running out in front of the press unannounced telling the press that Hastings is out because of conflict with team mates was dumb and dumber. Highlighted by the players dinner a week later and the DCE - Hastings embrace. Sadly we have an assistant Coach who I don’t believe is up to the task. I don,t trust TB with a rebuild he has a poor eye for talent evidenced by a history of many poor team selections. We need a hard head like Maguire even if it means Dylan walks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8