Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
If it's true Jacko is on 340k for this season it's not hard to understand why we have salary cap issues even before the blow up it seems way overs.

Its not overs as he was paid 100k last season to alleviate last years cap issues. So he was on a 220 pa contract which is reasonable for a 12 game spine player with potential. As we all know he has played better than Mr 350k poo, 220 pa is a decent price.

Manly didn't do a "bad" deal, they just have braindead accountants running their salary cap cashflow.

Yeah,I have to apologize to you too,I could not believe that someone could be having that much of a disruption...but you had it right and I was wrong on it.It did not seem logical but you were on to something...
Cheers mate, appreciate it. I'm hoping Hastings plays so well in NSW Cup that he forces his way back in.

Barrett is a real piece of work. he pulls a press conference and throws the kid under a bus. Then he says that he is worried about him because he has been run over by a bus. However he is not man enough to tell the press or us the true story of what happened up at Gladstone instead he leaves a bad smelling stench around Hastings. I'm not surprised Hastings is considering legal action to clear his name because his career depends on it.

Barrett is a real piece of work. he pulls a press conference and throws the kid under a bus. Then he says that he is worried about him because he has been run over by a bus. However he is not man enough to tell the press or us the true story of what happened up at Gladstone instead he leaves a bad smelling stench around Hastings. I'm not surprised Hastings is considering legal action to clear his name because his career depends on it.
You're kidding arn't you, how was he thrown under a bus by Barrett?.
These events are obviously a culmination of many months of problems with Hastings, it didn't just happen after the Gladstone game, back in February they sought counseling for him, and if he's not fitting into the team program doesn't Barrett have the right not to play him?.
All the journalists that have interviewed Hastings say that he comes across as a decent young man, who has done nothing wrong, however if he does have a personality disorder that won't come through on a one to one interview, even Jeffry Dahmer would appear normal one to one.
However the Manly Club is now portrayed by idiots like Rothfield as Cee U Next Tuesdays, without knowing the other side of the story, which at this point in time they are not prepared to divulge,and I imagine the same story was at the Roosters as well.
I feel sorry for DCE, who is a thoroughly decent guy, who I think is only protecting his coach in this matter and has become cannon fodder for those vulture journalists.
His only crime was to backflip on a contract, just like many others before him, however no one talks about them.

Maybe the Hastings crap is a LOT worse than has been let on and the club really has been trying to protect him to an extent whilst trying to move him on and has messed it up. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Barrett has said on several occasions that the current situation is the result of an on going problem and there is a list of documented events ...

I think 100% they are doing everything they can (including coping **** from numbnuts) to protect any future Hastings may have ....

These issues are not new .... he spend all last year in Reggies for the same reasons ...

Only difference is .... now it is all Barrett's fault .... please ....

Trent just said on Fox he will consider Hastings woohoo
Exact words were (I replayed it on Fox) "Yeah look I think we've got to consider anything at the moment"

JH is the ONLY game organiser we have in the club. Baz.. head out of backside please. Get him at 7 for the rest of the year. Chez to 6. Put aside your pride and challenge the guy to be his best. Give him accountability. Definition of insanity. Do the same thing over again and expect a different result?? Be proactive please. Our season is slipping away and hard draw coming up. At least you can show all us fans You’re prepared to try things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8