Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
We could have a beautiful moment of schadenfreude next Tuesday.
Peanuts-schadenfreude.png

If jacko does come back communication will be interesting at training.
Trent: " On this play DCE you dummy to AFB and pass it to that bloke I dropped, you know, the bloke you punched um.....
The bloke who looks like Itchy Brother, ah... Kevin's son."
Interesting times.

I'm not bagging Jackson as I think he is a pretty good impact player (when he is on) BUT I think the dire situation that Manly are in is elevating his ability exponentially in the eyes of some... Happy to have him coming off the bench but I don't feel he is the long-term solution to our 5/8 problem and, if there are other off-field issues, we have other options IMO...

I refuse to watch Manly again until Jackson Hastings is Picked in the Halves.

Hard to imagine a Manly team with Jake/Tom/DCE/Taupau/Fonua-Blake/Koirisau is about to go down as the Worst Manly team in history.

Hastings should be wearing the no.7 jersey no ifs or buts.

He will steer the team around with ease. He is the complete package. Crisp selective passing, great organizationsl skills, strong kicking game, he is a talker, has some mongrel in him and his defence has improved greatly over the last 12 months.

Koirisau should never be selected in the halves ever. Never ever he is useless in the halves.

Lewis Brown is the best option to give Koirisau a breather for 20 mins (max) per game.

Taupau needs to give the weights a rest. He has the worst ball security of any forward in the game. The iron obviously doesnt help this.

DCE will be a million dollars with Hastings doing what he is clueless at achieving.

If Barrett ignores Hastings, he will go down as the worst coach in NRL/ARL history.

If he selects him well there is still some hope left for all involved.

@frank stokes , Hastings might not be the messiah who will lead us to the promised land (i.e. a premiership), but right now with Croker gone he is the only realistic choice we have. He's the one who should have been there from Round 1.

If anyone thinks Api should be moved to 5/8, consider this. He played 6 games in the halves for Manly in 2016. The only game out of that 6 that we won was against the Warriors in Auckland and that day Api was very quiet. We won off the back of Snake, Tom, Skivy, Marty Taupau and Jake. Plus Killer had a day out with the boot kicking 6/6.

Api was shocking in the Manly halves and is a disaster waiting to happen.

For mine, next weeks team should be:

T. Trbojevic, M. Wright, Walker, Kelly, Uate, Hastings, Cherry-Evans (c), Fonua-Blake, Koroisau, Taupau, Thomson, Gosiewski, J. Trbojevic (vc). Bench - Brown, Lane, Perrett, Paseka.

Trent has the head job

There are 2 head jobs at the club really. Gorman has the other head job currently, but there have been quite a few blokes before him.

Penn has given quite a few people head jobs over the past few years. A lot of them don’t last long. I think the school teacher was the shortest one.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8