Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jerry1

First Grader
Honestly , all you Dessie fan boys!!

I bet I could stroll through dozens of threads this year where each and every one of you had been frustrated and bagged the coach!!

He won’t use the 17th man.

He won’t give a youngster a run.

He selects the same plodders each week.

I could go on , and on and on !!

AND

When there’s a proposed change you don’t like it because it’s NOT one of the top 2 or 3 coaches so you’re back on the Dessie bandwagon again !!!

**** ME DEAD!!

Seibold would be fine , don’t take what happened in that hatchet job at the Donkeys as what he can do. The Broncos old boys wanted Kevvie there so did everything they could to shaft Anthony.

Oh sure he’s no Craig Bellamy or Ivan Cleary but he’d be a more modern thinking , current generation coach than we currently have.
How about we stick this one in the diary for this time next year. I remember all the hype & Baz love... Look how that turned out..

Damien2812

Bencher
Keep it tight, play through the middle with straight runs in our own half. Pay attention for 6 tackles in attack and defence. Use the bench rotation. Bring turbo and the fast wingers into the play on the back of tough forward runs. Don’t play sideways.

Basically the opposite of how Des had them playing.
Sounds easy but can the coach actually get the right recruits to make that game plan work? Manly don't exactly have the right forwards and the right hooker to make this work.

Damien2812

Bencher
Most of us on here have been Manly supporters for many decades, during that time we've been a leader and rugby league powerhouse, winning premierships in each of the past five decades, even the dismal years of the Northern Eagles embarrassment didn't stop us winning in the first decade of the new century, but since our last premiership in 2011 we've not climbed the heights of previous teams although 2013 was decided by Shane Haine and should have been ours, regardless of that we've since gone backwards at an alarming rate, Tooves was sacked not because he failed but because he voted against the Penns at board level and was a victim of payback rather than a results failure. Then came the disaster that was the Barrett years and then the second coming of Hasler, although Des took us to three grand finals, winning two, his second tenure at the helm has offered mixed results, in 2021 we rode the tsunami of success that was achieved through the most devastating display over a season by an individual player ever witnessed in the history of the game, take Tom Trbojevic out of that team and we genuinely struggle to make the eight let alone one game from the big dance. Unfortunately Des has shown since returning that the modern game is beyond his coaching abilities, we're too slow in both defence and attack and disorganised is the most appropriate adjective to describe what appears to be our game plan, we need a fresh approach and a modern era coach who can deliver it. Unfortunately Des Hasler is not that man imo. After being fed a diet of success for so long it's very difficult to swallow what's been dished up over the past seven years, rather than excuses I think we deserve results and a team that we know are coached to give 100% each and every game

We might actually have some structure in our defence instead of what we have now, any improvement would be appreciated
Everyone wants the best for the club but with the current roster It's hard to see any big improvements in defence and attack. We seriously need a top grade hooker with some decent forwards which we don't have atm.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How about we stick this one in the diary for this time next year. I remember all the hype & Baz love... Look how that turned out..
Yes by all means.

By the way I’m not saying Seibold or Hannay or anyone will have a magic fix , they may or they may not.

A good example is Todd Payton at the Cows , terrible first year , almost grand finalists the year after.

But 110% guaranteed is if we stick with Des we here on ST will be discussing the very same issues as we have for the last four years.

Why does he keep selecting that plodder
Why doesn’t he use the 17th man
Game plan , what game plan ??
Why won’t he give the youngsters a run
If he doesn’t give XXXX a run we are likely to lose him.

And so on , and so forth.

I’m NOT anti Des, but I do think he lives in the past and hasn’t adapted to the current way the game is played.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
I don't know what a dickflog is ?

I googled it, and the closest thing that came to it was "dicklash", which in case you're interested was summarised below:

dicklash

A stress injury to the neck caused by sucking dick or otherwise orally receiving a phallus.
Katharine: Ah! My neck has been killing me since last night!

Kevin: Did you go out with Long Dick Larry again?
Girl, you better sue that cat for giving you dicklash!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I googled it, and the closest thing that came to it was "dicklash", which in case you're interested was summarised below:

dicklash

A stress injury to the neck caused by sucking dick or otherwise orally receiving a phallus.
Katharine: Ah! My neck has been killing me since last night!

Kevin: Did you go out with Long Dick Larry again?
Girl, you better sue that cat for giving you dicklash!

The only sensible response I have is... better your search history than mine.

Ryan

Journey Man
The only sensible response I have is... better your search history than mine.

Hahaha, no idea why this has me giggling and laughing so much. Possibly coz the comedic relief from all the doom and gloom here is refreshing I think.

For the record, my missus didn't find it as amusing as me, either. She chuckled - it's all I got.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Hahaha, no idea why this has me giggling and laughing so much. Possibly coz the comedic relief from all the doom and gloom here is refreshing I think.

For the record, my missus didn't find it as amusing as me, either. She chuckled - it's all I got.

I've always been able to make girls chuckle .. it's my super power ... just ask @Budgie ..

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't know what a dickflog is ?
Trent Barrett (2).jpg

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
Yes by all means.

By the way I’m not saying Seibold or Hannay or anyone will have a magic fix , they may or they may not.

A good example is Todd Payton at the Cows , terrible first year , almost grand finalists the year after.

But 110% guaranteed is if we stick with Des we here on ST will be discussing the very same issues as we have for the last four years.

Why does he keep selecting that plodder
Why doesn’t he use the 17th man
Game plan , what game plan ??
Why won’t he give the youngsters a run
If he doesn’t give XXXX a run we are likely to lose him.

And so on , and so forth.

I’m NOT anti Des, but I do think he lives in the past and hasn’t adapted to the current way the game is played.
I agree may take a couple of seasons but a club with a coach who can hopefully unite the players and keep us out of the media for bad reasons is a step forward he is very good with people and is known to have a stabilizing affect on people he works with,worth a shot club certainly needs it 👍😊

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree may take a couple of seasons but a club with a coach who can hopefully unite the players and keep us out of the media for bad reasons is a step forward he is very good with people and is known to have a stabilizing affect on people he works with,worth a shot club certainly needs it 👍😊
Yep , sadly Des & the Penn’s have “ history “ and I always thought his second tenure would end in pain.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18