Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just because we may not have a 'Spoon roster' doesn't mean we cannot or will not win the wooden spoon.

Look at 2018... we had all of the following players available:
Tom (playing 22 games), Jake, DCE, Walker, AFB, Marty, Api, Fainu, Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen, Joel Thompson, Moses Suli, and others.

Not a wooden spoon roster by any means, yet we finished 15th and only very narrowly avoided the spoon (at the last round of the season).
Well thats what you get with Barrett at the helm.

we can't waste yet another season waiting for Des to prove himself again. We're wasting the good years of a number of players.
Is it even possible to conceded we were hit by a shocking injury toll and to add to the fire the head office decided to blow up the club? Hasler had little to do with the first and nothing to do with the second.

In his 4 years we have made a preliminaryfinal and a qualifying final.

The other 2 years were bookended by injury to Tom and a major change to the rules with PVL ball.

The amount of unfounded crap Des gets on here is astounding

Des-aster looms at Manly as Seibold gets mojo back​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weirdler a.k.a The fiddler​

October 9, 2022 — 5.30am

Manly have told Des Hasler he won’t be their coach in 2024 and have already started background checks on Anthony Seibold.
As club owners shift towards moving on from Hasler, the man they can call if they want a reference for Seibold is his boss in English rugby.

England coach Eddie Jones says Seibold is ready to again take charge of an NRL team.
“I have no doubt Anthony is ready to hop back into the fire,” Jones said. “He certainly has his mojo back. He is smart, he has a good relationship with players, he is a good communicator. He develops a good rapport with players and he has good knowledge.”

Owner Scott Penn is a fan of “PowerPoint coaches”, which Seibold certainly is.
He has the nous to wow an owner or chairman of a club.

Des Hasler and Anthony Seibold.

Penn is friendly with Broncos chairman Karl Morris, a man once enamoured with Seibold until things didn’t pan out in Brisbane.Seibold’s rise with the Rabbitohs and fall with the Broncos was as spectacular a ride as there has been in the NRL. It was littered with false rumours, which had an impact on his reputation and mental health.

In the end, Seibold was relieved when his head coaching days ended – it had all become too much. That’s why Manly are examining every aspect of his life right now as they don’t want anything jumping out if he joins them.
And if he does sign, there will be another significant issue for the club to examine. Seibold is managed by Isaac Moses, and whenever Moses has a head coach at a club, a group of his players invariably end up there.

Last edited:

The other 2 years were bookended by injury to Tom and a major change to the rules with PVL ball.
So your point is that with Tommy we win and without him we don't. That Des is irrelevant to results.

Is it even possible to conceded we were hit by a shocking injury toll and to add to the fire the head office decided to blow up the club? Hasler had little to do with the first and nothing to do with the second.

Hard to believe that 3 months ago it was almost certain he was to be extended into 2024 and now he's on the way out? Massive fall so quickly.

Des-aster looms at Manly as Seibold gets mojo back​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weirdler a.k.a The fiddler​

October 9, 2022 — 5.30am

Manly have told Des Hasler he won’t be their coach in 2024 and have already started background checks on Anthony Seibold.
As club owners shift towards moving on from Hasler, the man they can call if they want a reference for Seibold is his boss in English rugby.

England coach Eddie Jones says Seibold is ready to again take charge of an NRL team.
“I have no doubt Anthony is ready to hop back into the fire,” Jones said. “He certainly has his mojo back. He is smart, he has a good relationship with players, he is a good communicator. He develops a good rapport with players and he has good knowledge.”

Owner Scott Penn is a fan of “PowerPoint coaches”, which Seibold certainly is.
He has the nous to wow an owner or chairman of a club.

Des Hasler and Anthony Seibold.

Penn is friendly with Broncos chairman Karl Morris, a man once enamoured with Seibold until things didn’t pan out in Brisbane.Seibold’s rise with the Rabbitohs and fall with the Broncos was as spectacular a ride as there has been in the NRL. It was littered with false rumours, which had an impact on his reputation and mental health.

In the end, Seibold was relieved when his head coaching days ended – it had all become too much. That’s why Manly are examining every aspect of his life right now as they don’t want anything jumping out if he joins them.
And if he does sign, there will be another significant issue for the club to examine. Seibold is managed by Isaac Moses, and whenever Moses has a head coach at a club, a group of his players invariably end up there.
All that tells me is nothing has changed from what got him in trouble at the Broncos.His success at Souths was part due to the Rabbits needing a new voice other than Maguire’s,as proven by Bennett’s/Demetriou’s continued performances.Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people,Seibold complicated things.I also have an issue with how he handled the “rumours” that surrounded him towards the end of his time in Brisbane.Does anyone believe it was a NSW country rugby league ref that started that “gossip”??Lets not overlook the Isaac Moses link as well,that could be a disaster.Lay down with dogs,you eventually get fleas.
I’ve got issues with how Des has gone about his tenure,but is it a better the devil you know situation?

Last edited:
Mate we have been getting on so well over the last few weeks and then you go and do a Kim Jong-um and fire a dirty rusty old missile right over my favourite island Des-Attol.....

Looks like the cracks are forming.
It's actually happened..On Twitter, Bulldogs fans are saying get on board with that petition so we are stuck with Des, and they are going in and signing it.

Honestly , it's a bit embarrassing.

Club has definitely thrown him under the bus for their stuff ups and mismanagement

Club has definitely thrown him under the bus for their stuff ups and mismanagement
Yeah, if the reporting around this is right, Pen is upset that Des put all the blame on the club when he spoke to the media (and delivered a speech that was much praised at the time).

To some extent, I get that Des could have handled it better. I'm still disappointed that he gave the players a free pass for their bigotry and that it felt like we had to apologise for something we never should have had to apologise for in the first place. But anyone with even a passing knowledge of Des Hasler knew that he was always going to protect his players. It's one of his best attributes as a coach.

And no matter how you feel about the rainbow jersey events and how Des handled it all, the ONLY reason he and DCE addressed the media at the time was because of the total vacuum of leadership from the club's ownership and management. No one else was willing to stick their head up, and Des stepped in. So for Penn and others to take issue with that is unbelievably hypocritical.

Take issue with his coaching and the results of this season, sure. But don't take issue with him for trying to show some leadership when nobody else would.

No disrespect to Seibold but if they appoint him its further evidence to me that the shoestring budget the club is run as is further entrenched.

What we need from the owners is a vision of our future, not just the first grade, how we manage our juniors?

For too long the approach we have chosen has put us light years behind our rivals and without some proper investment it is just going to get harder and harder to compete!

I will raise some of these points at the AGM for the football club in December. We need to see a demonstration of better communication coming out of the club. Right now we are getting tidbits from them and it is not installing any confidence to get people other than the rusted on fans like me to renew or buy memberships for 2023.

The ball is in your court Mr Penn and Mestrov!!

My question is if Siebold coaches us what exactly would he do different with the same playing roster? Which is weaker in 2023.
Keep it tight, play through the middle with straight runs in our own half. Pay attention for 6 tackles in attack and defence. Use the bench rotation. Bring turbo and the fast wingers into the play on the back of tough forward runs. Don’t play sideways.

Basically the opposite of how Des had them playing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8