Andrew johns talking to manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
It is not using science. Weight is determined by the pull of gravity and by its density. It is logical to calculate the difference between any two items by taking objects of the same size or mass and determining their density. Therefore muscle weighs more than fat.

Weight and density are not connected like that. Weight is simply the result of the amount of gravity affecting an object, and won't change even if you change the density of that mass.

For the purposes of this discussion, mass and weight are the same thing.

'Muscle weighs more than fat' is factually wrong and does confuse a lot of people that hear it. Tell them that 'muscle is more dense than fat' and they have their lightbulb moment.

So Johns only wants consultancy role (seemed to go ok last time with us on that bases) and Brad Arthurs in line for assistants job ?.... oops I think I put this in the wrong thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

southsideeagle said:
So Johns only wants consultancy role (seemed to go ok last time with us on that bases) and ..........

Lunar bases or international space station ? I knew Joey liked to get high , but never realised how high.

Volley said:
The Who said:
He has two christian names.
Remember the problems we have with Peter Peters.

That's like saying Andrew Johns has two Christian names. Also, Peters isn't his real surname. Lastly, people with two first names are elite; Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart for example.

While we're off the subject of NRL, Stewart started off as a surname 1st from the Scottish Kings, House of Stewart. The Scots asked the French to give a hand fighting the Poms. The French didn't have the letter W, so spelt Stewart, with a U, Stuart. Private school lads often have surnames as 1st names, like Boyd, Randall, Hunter, you know the type. How about that?

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Team-of-Manly-players-with-two-first-names?highlight=First+names
He would fit in here surely

Hamster Huey said:
ManlyBacker said:
It is not using science. Weight is determined by the pull of gravity and by its density. It is logical to calculate the difference between any two items by taking objects of the same size or mass and determining their density. Therefore muscle weighs more than fat.

Weight and density are not connected like that. Weight is simply the result of the amount of gravity affecting an object, and won't change even if you change the density of that mass.

'Muscle weighs more than fat' is factually wrong and does confuse a lot of people that hear it. Tell them that 'muscle is more dense than fat' and they have their lightbulb moment.

I like what you are saying. I was clearly wrong to link size and mass.

If Mass (which will be the sole determiner of weight depending on the specific gravity being applied) = Density x Volume, ---> and we say that mucle has a greater density than fat, then for an identical Volume (of muscle vs fat) and we know that their Densities are different, shouldn't that result in a different Mass? Genuine question and I think my head hurts :)

Positive move to get Andrew Johns in a permanent coaching position at Manly.

Imagine Andrew Johns running the water & giving tactics for Manly at the same time as being a sideline eye for channel nine or Triple M? He would wired up with a camera for close up action. Now that would make great TV & audio.

Aetna said:
Positive move to get Andrew Johns in a permanent coaching position at Manly.

Imagine Andrew Johns running the water & giving tactics for Manly at the same time as being a sideline eye for channel nine or Triple M? He would wired up with a camera for close up action. Now that would make great TV & audio.

handy for the opposition also

ManlyBacker said:
Hamster Huey said:
ManlyBacker said:

I like what you are saying. I was clearly wrong to link size and mass.

If Mass (which will be the sole determiner of weight depending on the specific gravity being applied) = Density x Volume, ---> and we say that mucle has a greater density than fat, then for an identical Volume (of muscle vs fat) and we know that their Densities are different, shouldn't that result in a different Mass? Genuine question and I think my head hurts :)

Of course, but the statement 'muscle weighs more' doesn't define any variables. Would I be wrong to state a feather weights more than steel, if you use one big arse ostrich feather compared to a sliver of steel?

To frame the statement correctly you'd need to add, '...when the same volume.'

But the easier way to clarify the point is to change the reference in the original statement from weight to density.

Someone should start a thread about Andrew Johns talking to Manly regarding the assistant coaching position.

Stevo said:
Technical Coach said:
Slow news day i doubt if it's for the Assistant Coaching role, probably just an increased presence or exclusivity agreement.

Might also be a case of increasing his workload during the off season to help put in place better attacking structures. Good to see Tooves is addressing our major issue that flows into our defence not the other way around.

Also tightening up our mid sections with muscle not fat and a 2-3% weight reduction per player(well most) to increase our sharpness.

Muscle weighs more than fat so the above in some ways sounds contradictory but you can get a better balance in some players----to be honest with some players it's more about dropping a waist size than actual playing weight.

Stick to technical subjects mate because your fitness trainer knowledge is s**t. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat.

It is more dense though, it takes more fat then muscle to equal the same weight.

bones said:
Someone should start a thread about Andrew Johns talking to Manly regarding the assistant coaching position.

I second that!

I would LOVE Andrew Johns to be more involved with us. An assistant coach would be perfect for all involved. It would be beneficial to us in so many ways and the other clubs wouldn't be able to use him.

Joey could still be involved with his tv career and he would see if he ever wanted to take the big step into a fulltime coach (which i doubt).

We had one immortal coaching us, now we'll hopefully have another one as an assistant.

Choc just tweeted this:

@AnthonyWatmough: Just had a big workout with the great man Joey can't feel my legs won't be able to walk tomorrow yewww #letget2013started

wish i knew how twitter worked, signed up years ago... i only follow george rose, but dont know what I'm doing?

Brookie said:
wish i knew how twitter worked, signed up years ago... i only follow george rose, but dont know what I'm doing?

Sounds like you are fully qualified to use twitter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7