Andrew johns talking to manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
Hi all i am back from suspension and rareing to go!!!!! I have just heard some good news that andrew johns is talking to manly about the assitant coaching job. I think that will be a masterstroke and will make our halves even greater.....thoughts anyone

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/andrew-johns-in-talks-about-coaching-role-at-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexnr-1226497341949

...Whether Johns is hired or not, Manly still face pressure to remain under the NRL salary cap for next season......

Well that was relevant to the story fatfrog ritchie.
Stick your empty head back underground.

edit: well Johns could be good but he's also pretty useful when hired in a consultant role.

I hope Joey gets the gig. We've invested heavily in our young halves and we need to get them playing to their maximum. I think Joey can get the best out of them.

What happened to Phil Blake?...not mentioned..did he pull out ?
I'd be happy with John's though.

Sign him up. There would be a lot of positives in having his regular input. He's been involved with us previously in lesser roles so I'd guess the team management and senior players know what they'd be getting and wouldn't be considering him if they didn't think he could add something. His profile could also bring certain advantages.

We need to lock in someone soon, and whatever else about Johns, he is super competitive and knows the game.

wombatgc said:

Blake never was after the job, he wants to stay in the Wallabies career path.
Check last week's Manly Daily, I posted it in the Blake Thread too.

Joey would be great as he has the personality to allow Tooves to be Head Coach.

His skillset is also unique. So I hope this DT story is true :)

Looks the Telegraph are hammering Newcastle this week.

Our turn must come around again soon.

wombatgc said:

Blake was just media speculation and he never spoke with the club about...

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blake-no-to-eagles/

As long as he keeps his work professional and doesn't try to get the boys on the piss or have a slap at the pokies too often its a good move. Taking his coaching away from other teams would be a plus.

wombatgc said:
A bit personal there. That's between him and his significant other.
Sorry it's before school and I'm in a naughty mood. :angel:

Was just watching the 2005 Origin series over the last few nights and I'd forgotten his performances during Games 2 and 3 when he was parachuted into the NSW side after a long-term injury.

He was untouchable across 150 mins of football (rested for the final 10mins of Game 3) and showed great poise to involve himself at the right times and make the right decisions.

Watching that, I can see how having him fulltime with the likes of DCE and Foran will help them develop a more patient style to running the side around and injecting themselves. There is nothing wrong with their skills and the whole squad would benefit with Johns' involvement in developing the footballing brains of our 'spine'.

I think it would be great having Joey as our Assistant Coach. He has a great football brain, and can provide good advice to forwards as well as backs. I heard this story on Radio TAB this morning in QLD, so it's not just the Telegraph. However, he would probably have the lads training in the nude, being a self confessed nudist as he is. That might bring us some more female fans.

lovefooty reported that Johns was talking to toovey a few weeks back so it looks a true story.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4