All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To be fair...................the Sharks are just as interesting (if not more) if Pearce wants to make a decision that will give him success and a chance to rub it into the Rorter's faces.

I still think they are more likely than Newcastle if it's not us.

I've said this a few times mate.

I can't work it out.

All other clubs are heavily recruiting.

I agree we have some great marquee players.

But that would mean all of them got a 300k-500k increase this year.

Thanks not got salary cap management.

I agree, plus take a look at the last 2 premiers, Sharks and the scum,they haven't had to shed many players at all,in fact they keep signing players. So what happened to,if you win a premiership you will have to shed players. We have shed more players than both these teams, haven't bought anyone big recently, haven't won a comp recently, but we are somehow close to the cap. Go figure

I've said this a few times mate.

I can't work it out.

All other clubs are heavily recruiting.

I agree we have some great marquee players.

But that would mean all of them got a 300k-500k increase this year.

Thanks not got salary cap management.

I agree, plus take a look at the last 2 premiers, Sharks and the scum,they haven't had to shed many players at all,in fact they keep signing players. So what happened to,if you win a premiership you will have to shed players. We have shed more players than both these teams, haven't bought anyone big recently, haven't won a comp recently, but we are somehow close to the cap. Go figure

All of our key signings , marty , walker , api are being payed way under market value or their true worth ... Most of the guys are on modest contracts apart from turbos & dce .. .. We had 600k their for thompson plus 350k for blake green alone .. So why is all this bs coming out about being over the cap.. Geez this greenturd is a wanker... A deadset tool..

My god. It’s all a game. He needs to be perceived as exploring every option, no matter what. No matter if he signed for us on the same day as the release.

“It was a really hard decision, but I just felt that (insert club) was the best for me moving forward. I feel the club has an (insert established or exciting) roster and I’m looking forward to the season ahead”.

Cronulla have lost Bird, Gallen is on his last legs and I wonder how much longer Lewis will be able to perform at his standard given he's 34 and must be slowing down. Holmes, Fifita and Graham are their only top stars now. I think they got the poorer deal with Moylen for Maloney. If I was Pearce and I wanted a premiership, I would be going with a rising team not one likely to go backwards

I dont get why so many on these boards now consider Pearce to be the "key" to us winning a premiership next year. He is a good but not great player, who may or may not develop a "winning" halves combination with DCE, if he ends up in the squad at all. I dont see him fitting easily into the team culture that Barrett has developed, and I really wonder if his ego will allow him to play the role that suits the team, or one that suits his own agenda, after being shafted by the Roosters. Is he worth the risk??? Particularly at the price his manager is chasing?

Cronulla have lost Bird, Gallen is on his last legs and I wonder how much longer Lewis will be able to perform at his standard given he's 34 and must be slowing down. Holmes, Fifita and Graham are their only top stars now. I think they got the poorer deal with Moylen for Maloney. If I was Pearce and I wanted a premiership, I would be going with a rising team not one likely to go backwards
Don’t forget they’ve added Josh Dugan to their squad. He and Moylan would take up close to 2 million dollars between them.

In Zorba’s Manly Daily column he speaks about Barrett being the lure for Pearce and that make no mistake, Manly is his first choice they just need to get in the vicinity of other clubs with what they would pay him.

RUGBY LEAGUE

Baz the magnet for Pearce to sign deal
image.ashx

The peninsula is Origin half Mitchell Pearce’s preferred destination. Picture: Mark Evans

THIRD-YEAR coach Trent Barrett has become an elite player magnet for Manly.

Top players want to play under Barrett – including Mitchell Pearce.

Make no mistake, the Sea Eagles is Pearce’s first choice of club to join despite the fact he may have to play for less at other clubs.

However, Manly will have to get somewhere in the vicinity of what clubs such as Cronulla and Newcastle are offering to snare the former Sydney Rooster.

Barrett’s two seasons as an NRL coach have impressed many in the game – especially players. He is a player-orientated coach who insists in a one-in, all-in approach. Players improve under his coaching.

Barrett is at Manly for at least the next three years and wants to stay longer.

He again showed his desire to buy into the Manly history and culture this week when he made a presentation to the Manly Leagues Club board.

The home of the Sea Eagles is a major part of the club’s DNA and Barrett assured directors he wanted a close working relationship.

His passion for the Sea Eagles impressed club greats such as Max Krilich, Alan Thompson, Ian Thomson, Gary Thoroughgood and veteran official Warwick Bulmer.

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manl...cle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2017/11/25&entity=ar06101

When people ask what we get out of Pearce it blows my mind.

We had pretty much the perfect halves pairing in Foran and chez we had a running and controlled half and we had a brilliant off the cuff half who could take the Line on too. Things broke down for varying reasons and those have come to light over a number of years.

We then entered a rebuild stage we sorted our fullback and half and worked on 5/8 and hooker and I would say the hooker is now set api had a whale of a year and proved me wrong.

We still have some work out wide and in the pigs.

However getting Pearce means we have one of the most balanced halves combinations in the Comp. Pearce naturally plays left but roams very well too. He takes on the line and runs more like foz.

We get a halves combination that makes every opposition have to guess the play and not read it.

It settles us for 3 to 5 years and let’s us start to build around them rather than playing roulette with stopgaps

Don’t forget they’ve added Josh Dugan to their squad. He and Moylan would take up close to 2 million dollars between them.
And Penrith have just resigned Isaiah Yeo. Are we the only club being monitored and how many players have they resigned this year.Plus it seems like its gone quiet on the Maloney rort all of a sudden, or did toddy sort it out for them

Terry I call bs. You went to uni when it was free, ie, paid for by the government, did you not?!? Or are you suggesting you incurred a humungous hex debt such as current students face???
Isn’t is HECS?

And be fair man HE is a business and the NFP’s in the industry are a shrinking number.

Urrrrghhh edumacation

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10