All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

midsteyne

loyal forever
Unfortunately Pearce has it in his head that he is the leader of the team he plays for. Yes he was the leader for us these last 2 years but we have had better years when there was a Carney or Maloney to call the shots. Mitchell is a toiler, a good one but you cannot depend on him to get you out of trouble for 80% of the games...sure he'll kick a field goal now and then but most times if the team was depending on him, you just don't get that from him....

I'm sure that if you get him, he will be good and you can even be champions as long as DCE is the man for most of the rounds...but if he gets injured like an Ingliss did this last season and Pearce has to take charge, then you're stuffed. Pearce tries his heart out and tackles well though the last few games he was a little off. His kicking though is ineffective. I like Pearce as a young man...his past behaviour has been blown out of proportion... He's no Harvey Wienstein...I wish him well for any club as long as we don't get beaten....
Did Harvey root dogs

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ZtC forgot to reference his 'FC is irrelevant' Manly Daily piece from a few years back :mad:

Most Fans and past Players have kept the faith and love of our 70 year history :inlove:

PS. Alan Thompson (5/8 extraordinaire) has replaced Bob O'Reilly on the FC Board :clap:
s-l300.jpg
That’s good news, I liked Bob’s passion and he was always great with me but it was probably time he ( and a few others) bowed out!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The speculation will continue unabated until #nextweek now but you’d have to say he’d announce something then as he needs to get back training.

My guess , about Friday #nextweek at the latest!

manly al

First Grader
Bit of an over sight by me , as looking at a previous post, seems that D C E was prepared to revert to a 5 / 8 "s role on any Pearce move to Manly , not that it matters that much of course with the halves interchangeable common roles these days. But acknowledgement to P J A Y Z. and MAD MARCuS. Certainly not regarded as a world beater but with D C E and Tom Turbo now on essentially million dollar contracts , Pearce would definitely be expected to perform in Manly colours on near similar money . Then almost one third of the cap on three back line players . A P I and Sirro would be the main players on probable upgrades for next season but of course with a few fringe or marginal i st graders also off contract , this should be easily accommodated .

Moops

Bencher
Sharks haven't had to shed players? Maloney,Brown,Mortimer,Bird,Beale,Tagataese,Latimore,Heighnington,Cherrington,Williams..........

Brown, Mortimer, Latimore, Heighnington, Cherrington, Williams? LOL!!! Was this post tongue in cheek? I can't tell anymore.

And wasn't Maloney pretty much a straight swap?

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Brown, Mortimer, Latimore, Heighnington, Cherrington, Williams? LOL!!! Was this post tongue in cheek? I can't tell anymore.

And wasn't Maloney pretty much a straight swap?
? What is your point? They have been shed/released/swapped....call it what you want,what their status or cap price is irrelevant....They have lost players and replaced them with only a few players of note and are now depth wise scarily thin just like the Roosters.Gallen and Lewis are on a lot less than in previous years.....

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Dead set, every single post you write is a farkin essay. Less is sometimes more man.
Will never be or claim to be an ace poster on here Kevin but in terms of anyone"s opportunity to post with reasonable context and content here , i can only say and especially in regard to your French connection , Liberty , Equality and fraternity . .If it seems that i have nothing worth while to offer or contribute , i will happily go back to just being a regular viewer of this site and some other footy sites , which i was doing long before i joined here and just continue to be a life long and passionate Manly supporter and fan . If you have any or an aversion to my posts , my suggestion would be to just ignore them , no one is compelling you to read them .

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Will never be or claim to be an ace poster on here Kevin but in terms of anyone"s opportunity to post with reasonable context and content here , i can only say and especially in regard to your French connection , Liberty , Equality and fraternity . .If it seems that i have nothing worth while to offer or contribute , i will happily go back to just being a regular viewer of this site and some other footy sites , which i was doing long before i joined here and just continue to be a life long and passionate Manly supporter and fan . If you have any or an aversion to my posts , my suggestion would be to just ignore them , no one is compelling you to read them .
He was probably just having a bit of a lend of you Al,most of us can get a bit sensitive to comments.You are probably like me and want to get all your thoughts out into one post rather than going back and forth with 30 small posts....

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
He was probably just having a bit of a lend of you Al,most of us can get a bit sensitive to comments.You are probably like me and want to get all your thoughts out into one post rather than going back and forth with 30 small posts....

I try to get all my thoughts down in 1 post too, and my posts are generally pretty short.

But that's just because I don't think much.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I always like to read your posts Al.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
You’re less likely to get your thought across in a long post because reading them is unpleasant. I generally only skim longer posts.

brad

First Grader
The thing is if we have to release players ( brown , lane , hastings etc ) to fit Pearce in there is no guarantee that these players will be picked up .

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The thing is if we have to release players ( brown , lane , hastings etc ) to fit Pearce in there is no guarantee that these players will be picked up .

Hastings and Lane would probably have takers. Both are young and can still end up as very good NRL players. Brown on the other hand.....we're kinda stuck with him until his contract runs out at the end of 2018 because no one else wants him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12