A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As a team we are playing disasterously. But a clean out is not a silver bullet solution.

Eels had a massive clean out in 2013 (including the coach) and still missed the finals 4 of the next 5 years, including another wooden spoon. Off field they were a mess at the time, but I don't think we are much better right now to be honest.

We had a clean out at the end of 2015 (including the coach) when we finished 9th, we then missed the finals three more times in the next 5 years (under two different coaches). That is soon to be 4 times in 6 years... or 5 times in 7 years if you include Toovey's final year.

If anything I think we need a small number of big or important changes, rather than a big number of small changes. But we need something.
FMD when are people going to realize that the 2021game is so ****img different to 2019. Of course we need to get rid of a lot of so called “senior players”. Ffs they were in second gear tonight !
We are an embarrassment

I don’t know what game people are watching but the one I watch tonight was one again of total annihilation . Of course we need big changes and soon, we are a total embarrassment and headed for the spoon and if Des can’t see that then maybe he is not the right man to lead us forward. In fact if if he does not change his pre-historic way of thinking we need to find someone who instilled some modern game play.

As a team we are playing disasterously. But a clean out is not a silver bullet solution.

Eels had a massive clean out in 2013 (including the coach) and still missed the finals 4 of the next 5 years, including another wooden spoon. Off field they were a mess at the time, but I don't think we are much better right now to be honest.

We had a clean out at the end of 2015 (including the coach) when we finished 9th, we then missed the finals three more times in the next 5 years (under two different coaches). That is soon to be 4 times in 6 years... or 5 times in 7 years if you include Toovey's final year.

If anything I think we need a small number of big or important changes, rather than a big number of small changes. But we need something.
Here’s the thing mate. When you do a clean out, you need to be extremely careful on who you bring in. You can’t just buy players for the sake of it. You need leaders, team players, players that will buy in. At the moment we have nothing. 5-6 changes needed minimum, possibly 7-8 . Putting your head in the sand does not help.time to clean house

Possibly the whole coaching staff..

FMD when are people going to realize that the 2021game is so ****img different to 2019. Of course we need to get rid of a lot of so called “senior players”. Ffs they were in second gear tonight !
We are an embarrassment

If our best players are in second gear then maybe that is symptom of our problems and not the cause of it. It definitely looked true of Marty tonight. Jake and DCE is a separate discussion.

Maybe it is as simple as the team not getting a clear and concise game plan from their coach. Maybe the players don't think the preparation they are doing will actually get them close to winning games of football and they go through the motions from that point onwards.

I am not an insider so I don't know if that is a reasonable explanation. But we have a team that has origin, international and premiership winning players. We are losing matches by 40 points and I refuse to put that squarely on cut-price centres and back rowers.

You are damn right we are an embarrassment right now. But first and foremost (before wanting the nuclear option of having 15-20 players cleaned out) I would like to know what our coach and coaching staff actually impart on our players, and what expectations they place on players (re: continued selection). It is the entire team that is failing right now not just a few individuals

Just my opinion anyway

If our best players are in second gear then maybe that is symptom of our problems and not the cause of it. It definitely looked true of Marty tonight. Jake and DCE is a separate discussion.

Maybe it is as simple as the team not getting a clear and concise game plan from their coach. Maybe the players don't think the preparation they are doing will actually get them close to winning games of football and they go through the motions from that point onwards.

I am not an insider so I don't know if that is a reasonable explanation. But we have a team that has origin, international and premiership winning players. We are losing matches by 40 points and I refuse to put that squarely on cut-price centres and back rowers.

You are damn right we are an embarrassment right now. But first and foremost (before wanting the nuclear option of having 15-20 players cleaned out) I would like to know what our coach and coaching staff actually impart on our players, and what expectations they place on players (re: continued selection). It is the entire team that is failing right now not just a few individuals

Just my opinion anyway
Sorry to be ambiguous but I meant the Panthers were in second gear. What gear our blokes were in is an unknown but I suggest it might be third or worse.

Squad is not the problem,any coach with ability can get any of the 16 squads competitiive.
Make the necessary changes and coach properly and lets go.
Funa to fullback,guy was progressing brilliantly
Garrick is not the problem and and to think he is,is ..........
Tuipulotu to left centre
Walker to right centre
Suli to right wing
Schuster to 5/8
DCE to stay
Keppie to 8
Cust to 9
Jake to 10(Boyle was good until injury)
Parker to 11(played well tonight and can handle the 11 spot as is a smart defender)
Gosiewski to 12 as no options
Aloiai to 13
Bench of Taupau/Sipley/Paseka and Foran
No disrespect to Paseka but we need him when things settle down to run amok.
Guys to come back from injury like Tom/Olakau'atu/Fainu/Lawton/Davey are no brainers,Siro could play a role if necessary)
Don't hate Saab,but hard to defend when you have to regularly pick one of 3 or 4 guys o tackle all the time.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
06. Josh Schuster
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

Coach: Flannagan
Assistant: Siebold

Gone: Parker, Suli, Garrick, DCE, Taupau, Croker, Sironen, Boyle, Gosiewski, Foran

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
06. Josh Schuster
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

Gone: Parker, Suli, Garrick, DCE, Taupau, Croker, Sironen, Boyle, Gosiewski, Foran
Agreed. Then Manly can go on a shopping spree not seen from us in decades. Plenty of decent players off contract.

@Snake you need to let the leadership know the fans frustration, whether they care or not it doesn’t matter we need to vent we need to be heard or Manly will find themselves losing members.

Trent Robinson still had the nucleas of a good side. We don't.
Trent added teddy, we add inept armless morons.
Trent lost his half-back for 16 weeks that year.
We haven't.
Clean out needed urgently

It's clear that a significant cleanout has to happen. The cleanout needs to begin now. Starting with dropping at least four, possibly five, of our current seventeen straight into Blacktown. At this stage it doesn't even really matter who those four/five players are. (There are some obvious candidates BUT on current form most of the squad is playing at or below reserve grade standard) The club needs to send a message that what is happening on field (attitude, work ethic, commitment) is not acceptable. Straight to Blacktown, including at least one of our "stars". I'm looking at you Taupau. The team needs a massive shakeup, not cosmetic changes. Then the squad needs a radical cleanout in the offseason. Some of our current 17 should never be given the privilege of wearing Manly colors again. They simply don't deserve it.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
06. Josh Schuster
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Andrew Davey

Anthony Siebold???? Really Ryan?

Serious question to all, we have seen very good players like DCE, Tapau and Walker turn to a shambles these last 2 years whilst players like the above post leave the club flourish.

What faith do you have that if we went and signed Reynolds, Brown, Tupou etc that they wouldnt get coached into a shadow of themselves whilst our current misfiring stars wouldn't go on to fire elsewhere?

We need change at the top, the game has passed Des by

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8