A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I’m not blaming DCE for the losses we have had not just this year, the last 15 games....the team has some poor players in key positions that is what is costing the team. Where DCE come into it for me is that he is not worth his 1.3 mil not even at his rare best. You could get the others I mentioned for half that, and spend the other money on the key positions that have poor players.

On the other hand if DCE halved his paycheck and met the price of the others yes I would take DCE.
Not at all disagreeing that DCE is overpaid, but the club screwed that one when they shifted away from a cheaper agreed deal with DCE to chase Foran

We can only blame ourselves (the club) there

Reynolds wants 700k for next 3 seasons. He offers more value than DCE, never heard Reynolds fighting with team mates or splitting a dressing room.
We need to get it done, even if it means keeping DCE and putting him at 5/8 to partner him. Get Jayden Sua at the same time

This squad ( the 20 or so players he selects each week) will not turn this around. To suggest otherwise means that the last 15 horror movies don’t exist.Any squad where there are suggestions that Brad Parker is the answer to our backrowers issue is fundamentally ****ed.

Parker Croker Garrick Boyle JetSki are reserve graders.Wuite frankly they are embarrassing most weeks.There is the starting point. Work from there.

And look at the speed/ power wingers almost every club has. Might be a clue there as well.

Would be an absolute bargain for whoever gets him.
I’d love to know what our recruitment guys do and think, surely they see him out in public saying what he is after and then you get onto his manager...

reynolds and shoe would be awesome.

to me DCE and Shoe together won’t work because neither are game managers. Both flashy running halves, out of the two I think Shoe will be the better going forward.

Last edited:
Yeah I understand that; however, he will at least have a full offseason under his belt (if he gets off), so I would hope they start him and he gets a rest with Lawton. It's a big IF anyway that he gets off.
If the rumoured video exists he won’t be getting off. He is the key to a lot of our issues but to suggest he will fix everything is ludicrous.
Lawton is a first grader with speed at least.

If the rumoured video exists he won’t be getting off. He is the key to a lot of our issues but to suggest he will fix everything is ludicrous.

what video any links? Is it public or hidden under evidence

Because he didn't want to be here. We freed some cap space and signed a good player as a replacement. Prop is not a problem for us right now anyway. It's not where we are losing the game.
Neither does Taupau. May not be a problem right now but it just goes to show you we are seeing poorly run

what video any links? Is it public or hidden under evidence
No links. From senior person in game with little reason to make it up.
I’ve done a bit of this before way back and it’s always worried me that there has been no talk of a plea deal to lesser charges at this late stage.
Cops are notorious for ****ing up prosecutions but video evidence is always hard to dispute which probably explains there being no movement re a plea.

I hope for the kids sake and the club he gets off. Pretty serious stuff.

Agreed. He would be one piece of many to turn us around. One of the bigger ones though (on field).

Manly needs better go forward. Marty and jake needs to take ownership of the pack and get them going first. All of a sudden Dce will get more time to do his thing.

They need aggression and some of that @BOZO passion
One thing for sure Franko ,

Passionate teams never get thrashed

A passionate team has the potential of beating a Team of stars just like the Panthers that we play this week

Proof is what the Passionate QLD team did to the hot favourites NSW team of stars last year

One thing for sure Franko ,

Passionate teams never get thrashed

A passionate team has the potential of beating a Team of stars just like the Panthers that we play this week

Proof is what the Passionate QLD team did to the hot favourites NSW team of stars last year

my thumbs up is for the Manly passion not the QLD poo

my thumbs up is for the Manly passion not the QLD poo
Fair enough feathered friend .

The reason I like QLD is because of the Maroon Manly colour and the Maroon Manly spirit that was made from passionate Never say die Manly People , and Club Members that are the lifeline of our legendary club

Blue is not my thing

Last edited:
Cops are notorious for ****ing up prosecutions but video evidence is always hard to dispute which probably explains there being no movement re a plea.

Oh I dunno.... cops get caught on video plenty of times and always seem to get off.

l...(only half) o...l.

Ok so let's agree for a moment that all our problems stem from not having a hooker that can engage markers or A defenders.

At what point did the professionals who have been coaching NRL for decades decide that we didn't need to go to market to solve that problem ? Do we not have one genuine hooker in our whole squad that can do the basics well enough to allow all the other stuff to fall into place and make us competitive in games ? It's not like this is a recent development, we all knew Fainu was out for at least half a season, we all knew the effect the new rules had on the way the game would be played, we released Levi, we've won one game in 11 or 12 outings.

Surely they decided sometime last year that Croker had the necessary skill set, or Cust even. Seems bizarre to me that something that seems so obvious wasn't addressed. There are multiple young hookers getting around the NRL at the moment, probably a few sitting behind more experienced incumbents dying for an opportunity. If we really needed a hooker we most likely could have had one, yet we buy a bit of a journeyman with a busted achilles. What were they doing all offseason if they weren't running opposed drills with our first choice dummy half ?

Ok so let's agree for a moment that all our problems stem from not having a hooker that can engage markers or A defenders.

At what point did the professionals who have been coaching NRL for decades decide that we didn't need to go to market to solve that problem ? Do we not have one genuine hooker in our whole squad that can do the basics well enough to allow all the other stuff to fall into place and make us competitive in games ? It's not like this is a recent development, we all knew Fainu was out for at least half a season, we all knew the effect the new rules had on the way the game would be played, we released Levi, we've won one game in 11 or 12 outings.

Surely they decided sometime last year that Croker had the necessary skill set, or Cust even. Seems bizarre to me that something that seems so obvious wasn't addressed. There are multiple young hookers getting around the NRL at the moment, probably a few sitting behind more experienced incumbents dying for an opportunity. If we really needed a hooker we most likely could have had one, yet we buy a bit of a journeyman with a busted achilles. What were they doing all offseason if they weren't running opposed drills with our first choice dummy half ?
Can’t say for a fact but I heard we let Levi go to (a) sign Foran and (b) because Des thought the NRL ‘no fault stand down’ policy would likely be scrapped and Fainu would play again. As it turned out, De Berlin’s case was hung and worse still, Hayne was found guilty so any chance of the policy being scrapped was dead in the water.

Also, at training, Croker looks better than what he has shown on the field. So you are correct, the problem has been handled poorly for the above reasons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11