2nd Trial - Manly V Raiders (& other trials)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The team has been announced.

Sea Eagles team​

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Jason Saab

3 Brad Parker

4 Tolu Koula

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Kieran Foran

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Sean Keppie

9 Lachlan Croker

10 Martin Taupau

11 Haumole Olakau'atu

12 Ethan Bullemor

13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Dylan Walker

15 Karl Lawton

16 Taniela Paseka

17 Toff Sipley

18 James Roumanos

19 Kurt De Luis

20 Eiden Ackland

21 Christian Tuipulotu

23 Kaeo Weekes

24 Ben Trbojevic

25 Jorge Taufua

It’s clearly a trial and not a trail , we’ve named one side.

Albeit 25 players

Sea Eagles team​

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Jason Saab

3 Brad Parker

4 Tolu Koula

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Kieran Foran

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Sean Keppie

9 Lachlan Croker

10 Martin Taupau

11 Haumole Olakau'atu

12 Ethan Bullemor

13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Dylan Walker

15 Karl Lawton

16 Taniela Paseka

17 Toff Sipley

18 James Roumanos

19 Kurt De Luis

20 Eiden Ackland

21 Christian Tuipulotu

23 Kaeo Weekes

24 Ben Trbojevic

25 Jorge Taufua
It seems Des is honing down his squad for Round One. All bases are covered in this week's 25 man team. The only likely additions for Round One would be Harper & Davey (if available). Similarly, it appears the players left out this week won't be considered for Round One, i.e.
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Alfred Smalley
  • Fletcher Myers
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong
  • Jacob Sykes
  • Jamie Humphreys
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Zac Fulton

Well, if it‘s still raining up here on the Coast tomorrow night as it is now, and has been for the last few hours, the boys are going to need snorkels for when they’re tackled, as there’s every chance that they’ll drown otherwise.

I’ve got say that, if it is raining like this tomorrow, then forgive me, but I might sight disgression as the better part of valour, and give it a miss as it’s only a trail game and watch it on TV.

Hopefully, that won’t see me banished from the Silvertails site.

Last edited:

Sea Eagles team​

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Jason Saab

3 Brad Parker

4 Tolu Koula

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Kieran Foran

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Sean Keppie

9 Lachlan Croker

10 Martin Taupau

11 Haumole Olakau'atu

12 Ethan Bullemor

13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Dylan Walker

15 Karl Lawton

16 Taniela Paseka

17 Toff Sipley

18 James Roumanos

19 Kurt De Luis

20 Eiden Ackland

21 Christian Tuipulotu

23 Kaeo Weekes

24 Ben Trbojevic

25 Jorge Taufua
Really solid 17 I dont think much will change before round 1.

Im interested to see this running game Croker has supposedly developed in the off season.

Well, if it‘s still raining up here on the Coast tomorrow night as it is now, and has been for the last few hours, the boys are going to need snorkels for when they’re tackled, as there’s every chance that they’ll drown otherwise.

I’ve got say that, if it is raining like this tomorrow, then forgive me, but I might sight disgression as the better part of valour, and give it a miss as it’s only a trail game and watch it on TV.

Hopefully, that won’t see me banished from the Silvertails site.
What’s the point in playing Tom and our main guys in a game like this in the wet? Play a mix of firsts and others. No idea why we’d risk injuries to the stars in wet conditions.

I think the NRL have started placing more importance on pre-season trials, as over the past couple of years they've gone from poorly covered & commentated games to full coverage by Fox (& Kayo) with the season proper commentators calling them.

No doubt the NRL see them as money making opportunities & have told the clubs they have to field their superstars for at least half a game to fulfill financial obligations?

Last edited:
It seems Des is honing down his squad for Round One. All bases are covered in this week's 25 man team. The only likely additions for Round One would be Harper & Davey (if available). Similarly, it appears the players left out this week won't be considered for Round One, i.e.
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Alfred Smalley
  • Fletcher Myers
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong
  • Jacob Sykes
  • Jamie Humphreys
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Zac Fulton
Aloiai is serving suspension for the next couple of weeks.......

I think the NRL have started placing more importance on pre-season trials, as over the past couple of years they've gone from poorly covered & commentated games to full coverage by Fox (& Kayo) with the season proper commentators calling them.

No doubt the NRL see them as money making opportunities & have told the clubs they have to field their superstars for at least half a game to fulfill financial obligations?
No I heard the players asked Dessie to play after last seasons slow start.

And all clubs are playing most of their guns, it is important to fine tune things and blow away rust

Last edited:
Disappointed neither Tuitavake or Vaega are playing. Surely Romanous is no chance. Really liked Tuitavake last week and thought he looked very powerful. Would like to see Vaega have a run in the centres. Again an explosive player with size and speed.

Possibly an unpopular opinion here but hope young hoppa goes well tonight and onwards into the season.

Injuries and poor mangenent have set him back but the kid has talent.

Hope he can forge some sort of career

Disappointed neither Tuitavake or Vaega are playing. Surely Romanous is no chance. Really liked Tuitavake last week and thought he looked very powerful. Would like to see Vaega have a run in the centres. Again an explosive player with size and speed.
Couldn't agree more. Surely both Vega and Tuitavake deserve another trial chance after last week against a stronger side this time. Hope someone is in their ears of these guys keeping them close to the club.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8