2nd Trial - Manly V Raiders (& other trials)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Manly recruit Ethan Bullemor is out to claim a starting edge forward spot in Manly's final trial while 2021 breakout star Karl Lawton is just looking for a place in the 17.

With young gun Josh Schuster out of the early rounds with an ankle injury, there is an edge forward spot available and the former Bronco Bullemor has his nose in front after being named to start in a near full-strength side for Friday night's 6pm trial against the Raiders at Central Coast Stadium.

Lawton even conceded as much; speaking to NRL.com he said his goal is just to find a spot in coach Des Hasler's 17 with hopes his utility value could help him land a bench spot.

"That 14 role is definitely something I'll look into and try and fit but whatever happens happens," Lawton said.

"I think if I find myself anywhere in the 17, I just want to fill a spot and if there's an opportunity to play anywhere I'm happy to play it."

I suspect Dessie is wanting to get his Round One combinations right.
Agree, Des would be formulating his combos and plans on these two trials, and what 17 he'll choose for the Penrith game. The mad scientist that is Des is hard to get a read off, only he knows what he wants.

Manly recruit Ethan Bullemor is out to claim a starting edge forward spot in Manly's final trial while 2021 breakout star Karl Lawton is just looking for a place in the 17.

With young gun Josh Schuster out of the early rounds with an ankle injury, there is an edge forward spot available and the former Bronco Bullemor has his nose in front after being named to start in a near full-strength side for Friday night's 6pm trial against the Raiders at Central Coast Stadium.

Lawton even conceded as much; speaking to NRL.com he said his goal is just to find a spot in coach Des Hasler's 17 with hopes his utility value could help him land a bench spot.

"That 14 role is definitely something I'll look into and try and fit but whatever happens happens," Lawton said.

"I think if I find myself anywhere in the 17, I just want to fill a spot and if there's an opportunity to play anywhere I'm happy to play it."
I think both Bully and The Lawman will be in our initial top 17 for round one.
Bully will be in the second row with Guacca while The Shoe is injured. The Lawman will either be in as hooker (if Froggy is out) or on the bench, along with Walker and two props.

Any info from any Silvertail who lives on the Central Coast on the weather situation, heard it's raining and a possible thunder storm later, as well.

Would like to see Vaega have a run in the centres. Again an explosive player with size and speed.
Vaega is more Vigorous and Imposing prospect than Parker

We have some very young talented , Enthusiastic , dynamic and hungry for success players ready to wet their NRL appetite

Any info from any Silvertail who lives on the Central Coast on the weather situation, heard it's raining and a possible thunder storm later, as well.
It is the Thunder of Koulas speed on the field that is the highlight of the day feathered friend

I have not been impressed by Aloiai

He has not lived up to his greatness with us

and Unless he shows more he will go from serving suspension time to serving time with Blacktown
Lets give him a chance Bozo, he's got to serve his 3 match ban first, then has to impress Des when he does come back, weather it's with Blacktown or training his arse off. When in form, he's one tough hombre !!

Pull Tommy

Weekes to fullback.

You don't drive your Ferrari in ****ty weather
You do not buy have a Farrari to leave it in he garage feathered friend

Bring Tommy on and get him some match fitness and Timing to be ready from those evil cats in round 1

Last edited:
Lets give him a chance Bozo, he's got to serve his 3 match ban first, then has to impress Des when he does come back, weather it's with Blacktown or training his arse off. When in form, he's one tough hombre !!
Absolutely
Every one deserves a chance in our top NRL 30 and loyalty must be given to all

Preference must be given to the best performing players

Manly NRL top 17 position are not owned . They are earned

You do not buy have a Farrari to leave it in he garage feathered friend

Bring Tommy on and get him some match fitness and Timing to be ready from those evil cats in round 1
His fitness and timing wont be an issue.

I value trials and like to see our 1st squad get a decent hit out but I see no value in risking Tommy in poor conditions considering his importance to us.

We wont win a Premiership in Feb but we can lose one if Tommy goes down

His fitness and timing wont be an issue.

I value trials and like to see our 1st squad get a decent hit out but I see no value in risking Tommy in poor conditions considering his importance to us.

We wont win a Premiership in Feb but we can lose one if Tommy goes down
I see your point in protecting our players but we cannot wrap them up in cotton wool either ?

Match fitness and timing is an issue if you dont get it IMO

Hi Eagle1,

The rain, or should I say downpour, has lightened off today; it hasn’t really rained since before lunchtime.

I can’t really see any showers around town(i.e. in Gosford itself) but I wouldn’t bet against there being a few more showers tonight. Should be safe enough in the Grandstands I’d guess.

Thunderstorms, I haven’t heard anything today and the forecast doesn’t really indicate any likely but who knows. Certainly more showers do seem to be forecast.

Have fun to all those who are going, unfortunately that can’t be me tonight as some family stuff cropped up last night which precludes me going; if it didn’t; I’d be there with bells on.

Go Manly, Go Eagles!!!

Hi Eagle1,

The rain, or should I say downpour, has lightened off today; it hasn’t really rained since before lunchtime.

I can’t really see any showers around town(i.e. in Gosford itself) but I wouldn’t bet against there being a few more showers tonight. Should be safe enough in the Grandstands I’d guess.

Thunderstorms, I haven’t heard anything today and the forecast doesn’t really indicate any likely but who knows. Certainly more showers do seem to be forecast.

Have fun to all those who are going, unfortunately that can’t be me tonight as some family stuff cropped up last night which precludes me going; if it didn’t; I’d be there with bells on.

Go Manly, Go Eagles!!!
Thanks LotF, it's raining cats and dogs up here in Brisbane, thought it might have crept down the coast as well. Excellent, a good fast game should be on the cards tonight..

I think both Bully and The Lawman will be in our initial top 17 for round one.
Bully will be in the second row with Guacca while The Shoe is injured. The Lawman will either be in as hooker (if Froggy is out) or on the bench, along with Walker and two props.
If Bullemor gets the right edge 2nd row starting spot (for the first few rounds at least - I'm thinking we may well be fielding the three biggest combined backrowers in our club's 75+ year history.

Bullemor: Height: 190 cms (6 ft, 2.8 inches), Weight: 110 kgs (17 st, 4.5 lbs)
J. Trbojevic: Height: 185 cms (6 ft, 0.8 inches), Weight: 107 kgs (16 st, 11.89 lbs)
Olakau'atu: Height: 196 cms (6 ft, 6.16 inches), Weight: 113 kgs (17 st, 11 lbs)

Average height: 190.3 cms; Average Weight: 110 kgs.

Can anyone think of a starting three backrow for Manly who would exceed the above stats? (Not players from different eras - all must have started a game together).

PS - Fearsome combination, those 3 above - I like the look of it. Speed, crunching defense, above average ball-playing. In a couple of hours we'll see how it goes!

If Bullemor gets the right edge 2nd row starting spot (for the first few rounds at least - I'm thinking we may well be fielding the three biggest combined backrowers in our club's 75+ year history.

Bullemor: Height: 190 cms (6 ft, 2.8 inches), Weight: 110 kgs (17 st, 4.5 lbs)
J. Trbojevic: Height: 185 cms (6 ft, 0.8 inches), Weight: 107 kgs (16 st, 11.89 lbs)
Olakau'atu: Height: 196 cms (6 ft, 6.16 inches), Weight: 113 kgs (17 st, 11 lbs)

Average height: 190.3 cms; Average Weight: 110 kgs.

Can anyone think of a starting three backrow for Manly who would exceed the above stats? (Not players from different eras - all must have started a game together).

PS - Fearsome combination, those 3 above - I like the look of it. Speed, crunching defense, above average ball-playing. In a couple of hours we'll see how it goes!
Those statistics really highlight the size increase in the players of today.Mid to late 90’s and I’d of thought Kosef,Menzies and Gartner were one of the bigger backrow combinations of the time,yet they pale in comparison to those three

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12