Announcement 2018 Supercoach Cash Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had a stroke of luck. Cancelled all my trades Thursday and still scored 1053 points. Was adding Sami who scored poorly, but had price increase.

Saved trades are as vital as $$$ at this stage.

Although I might make 1 trade this week. George Jennings in for a non playering 3/4. Just need to weigh up $$$ vs use of a trade.

I always sacrifice overall points trying to chase league wins - as i have a habit of going for POD's if I fall behind in H2H match up in the hope I can jag back a win rather than just watch the game peter out with the same players on both sides. Kills my overall score and my for and against when it doesn't come off though.

One good round and a lucky captain choice and you can make up a few thousand spots no problems.

Four rounds in and we have 2 undefeated teams @robbiea and @EagleFlys . Top 8 on ladder as below

ST$50.JPG

Highest team score so far was in Round 4 of NRL - 1196 by Globe Trotters - @Ben

Once again I'm struggling with injury, Brown, Fifita, and Mansour all out this week - plus a couple of passengers in JT and Carty. Can't even crack a 1000 points these days, it's sad.

I'm up against @bones this week so it doesn't get any easier. Other match ups this weekend

@ManlyMit v @bob dylan
@joeboy v @The Indian
@EagleRock v @robbiea
@swoop v @eagerbeaver
@Clay v @andyvb
@EagleFlys v @Moondog
@Clint v @anthonyb1965
@southsideeagle v @Merdy33
@The McCarrs Creek Eagle v @Ben

Four rounds in and we have 2 undefeated teams @robbiea and @EagleFlys . Top 8 on ladder as below

View attachment 8097

Highest team score so far was in Round 4 of NRL - 1196 by Globe Trotters - @Ben

Once again I'm struggling with injury, Brown, Fifita, and Mansour all out this week - plus a couple of passengers in JT and Carty. Can't even crack a 1000 points these days, it's sad.

Fifita should play, and I hope you got jetski and jacks in this week!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifita should play, and I hope you got jetski and jacks in this week!!
I'm not as confident on Fifita as you are. Problem is that Sharks are last game so if he doesn't play I'm left with an auto emergency single digit scorer off the bench. I've got bigger issues to deal with then bringing in a couple of cheapies. I'll probably go Jacks but pass on Jetski this week.

Well a tight Round 10 set of fixtures with the bulk of games decided by less than 50 points and 3 of them with winning margins of less than 10. Including me scraping home by 3 on the back of some generous updates that turned around a 40 point deficit. Sorry @joeboy that must have been hard to cop, but if it's any consolation you are the highest point scorer in our league and currently in 702nd spot overall. Just goes to show that the match ups in the H2H games are a lot to do with good timing as to whether you dominate your league.

Our average weekly league score is bang on 1000 points which is a bit bizarre, but shows everyone is holding their own and there are no easy games. We had a new season high score set this weekend when @robbiea knocked up 1219 points. I've managed to get the Capt choice right for the last couple of weeks which helps enormously with the scoring.

@EagleFlys is the only undefeated team so far after 8 rounds, and has a nice 3 game buffer at the top of the table. Then only 1 win separates positions 2 - 14, so string together 3 or 4 victories and there is a lot of ground that can be made up. @Merdy33 in second spot, with @anthonyb1965 and @robbiea rounding out the top 4.

Round 13 byes coming up, which will be about the halfway mark for the season. Not sure what trades I'm going to make, worried about bringing any Manly players in, as up until last week I had Croker, Tangles and Jetski sitting in the sheds with injuries, so I hope that curse doesn't extend to Jake.

Don’t own SJ. I have rarely held him in SC as I find him too frustrating with inconsistent scores. If I did own him I’d probably trade him as he is going to miss some games over the next few weeks because of injury, byes and rep footy.

Having said that my halves are killing me at the moment. Need to do something there to get it back on track.

Am going to get beat this week because of the stupid 'captains' loophole. What a bloody rort and stupid rule!!! Bitter pill to swallow. Tough way to lose.

Am going to get beat this week because of the stupid 'captains' loophole. What a bloody rort and stupid rule!!! Bitter pill to swallow. Tough way to lose.
You VC'd Lolo as well mate so you could have done the same thing. In fact the bye rounds are the only rounds that you can safely use the VC loop and guarantee the outcome.

You VC'd Lolo as well mate so you could have done the same thing. In fact the bye rounds are the only rounds that you can safely use the VC loop and guarantee the outcome.

I agree with @Clint, in that it is a dumb rule. However, it is allowed, and I used it too. We should all aim to use it for bye rounds at the very least. And after origins over, start thinking about nuffing out players to make use of it late in the season.

Some very close games last round, with 4 games decided by less than 10 points and another 3 by less than 40. We get a week off to ponder our teams and to utilise 5 trades should we wish. I feel I've used too many trades already so not sure that I'll go too crazy for the supertrade round. Might leave me a bit short in Round 17 though. Will have to move on Fonua after he broke his arm, but I imagine a lot of teams have that issue as he seems quite popular. Have to get a new halfback - Thurston is past it in SC terms and is stinking up my team each week. How's everyone's trading been going ??

Current top 8 is as below, but most teams still only 2 or 3 wins out of the finals.

sc$50ladder.JPG

New season high score of 1256 by @EagleFlys.

May Origin be kind to us all in terms of injuries for our SC stars

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8