Announcement 2018 Supercoach Cash Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This week proved once again there are no easy games in this league - unless you are up against @Ben Globe Trotters - but even his zombie team scored over 1000 this round so can't assume a win is a certainty. This round had 4 games decided by less than 20 points and another 3 by less than 50 points. That's a couple of tries with a line break.

For the second week in a row Jai Arrow has cost me a win, this time by going off injured and not playing 80 minutes - inconsiderate bastard. If I had plenty of trades left I'd be rage trading the mofo this week. He is undoubtedly the worst trade I've made, costing me two close games - should have went for Nathan Brown like I was tossing up. He better ton up this weekend as he owes me. Against my better judgement I also brought in SJ a couple of rounds ago and he has proceeded to rack up two of his lowest scores for the season. I've struggled to find a decent half this season - first Thurston and now this.

Two rounds of regular season play left and only our top 2 are assured of a finals spot in the big show. @EagleFlys looks to have one hand on the minor premiership but @robbiea can pounce if he stumbles. Depending on results 20 points may be enough to get into the top 8 so that means 11 teams are in the running for the final 6 places in the top 8. For and against could be crucial.

Round 20 Draw

Round 20 draw.JPG

and then the final week of league matches as follows for Round 21

Round 21 Draw.JPG

Trades are at a premium this time of year as any injuries to key players now can be disastrous - I haven't heard of any high profile casualties from the weekend. Hoping Ponga is back this week for those that held onto him like me. Anyone got any sneaky PODs up their sleeve for the finals ?? I thought about Farah when he went to Tigers but couldn't dump Smith or Cook for him. I'm on the look out for a CTW as I've got a couple of passengers in that slot - pity I wasn't on Latrell yesterday when he carved up Manly. Maybe have to look at outside backs that are playing LHS against Wright, Suli and Parker @:D

Not many PODs left, I thought I had a decent one in that Slime centre that plays backrow, but he isn't quite working out.

And Arrow killed me too. :punch:

Lost by 8 points again, my fourth slim loss this year if Tedesco held that last try, victory was mine it also hurt losing wade graham at half time who was on 85 after 40 mins!

That's the rub I guess, went from 6th to 12th!

It's a game of what if's. I was looking good for victory by half time in Manly game until Turbo scored about 80 points in one half of footy - got rolled by 40. Waiting around for the Monday upgrades / downgrades is a killer.

I traded TPJ last week and was thinking what an epic fail that was when he was on 80 after about 25 minutes. Not sure whether he got injured but he was on course for a near record score.

It's a game of what if's. I was looking good for victory by half time in Manly game until Turbo scored about 80 points in one half of footy - got rolled by 40. Waiting around for the Monday upgrades / downgrades is a killer.

I traded TPJ last week and was thinking what an epic fail that was when he was on 80 after about 25 minutes. Not sure whether he got injured but he was on course for a near record score.

He was "rested" from his dodgy hamstrings issue by Skeletor.

So this week was the week of how many Roosters did you have in your team and did you make a good captaincy choice ?? Some big scores out there - 7 teams beat the previous high score for the season and 3 of them were 1300+. Highest of the lot was @The Indian and his Funky Cold Medinas punching out an impressive 1320 to set the benchmark.

6 out of the 8 finals spots are locked in now with @EagleFlys @robbiea @andyvb @southsideeagle myself and @The Indian going to the big show. Eagle Flys has continued his consistent season and locked in the minor premiership, but 3rd and 4th spot still up for grabs and that all important second bite at the cherry.

The final 2 spots in the 8 are still open with @ManlyMit and @bob dylan hoping to hang on with @Moondog @anthonyb1965 @swoop and @bones ready to pounce if they falter.

Some big names didn't perform and I'm beginning to rue the day I traded Jai Arrow back into my team. No significant injuries from the weekend as far as I know so trades not required this round if you are happy with your 17. Still struggling big time to get my CTW's firing though. The danger this time of year is motivation from NRL teams that are out of finals contention - can you trust the effort when there is nothing on the line.

Good luck all - choose your Captain wisely and pray your non playing reserves don't punch out a ton while sitting on the bench. Commiserations to @EagleRock last years winner - who had 3 x 100 point players getting splinters this week - gifting me a win.

Last edited:
So this week was the week of how many Roosters did you have in your team and did you make a good captaincy choice ?? Some big scores out there - 7 teams beat the previous high score for the season and 3 of them were 1300+. Highest of the lot was @The Indian and his Funky Cold Medinas punching out an impressive 1320 to set the benchmark.

6 out of the 8 finals spots are locked in now with @EagleFlys @robbiea @andyvb @southsideeagle myself and @The Indian going to the big show. Eagle Flys has continued his consistent season and locked in the minor premiership, but 3rd and 4th spot still up for grabs and that all important second bite at the cherry.

The final 2 spots in the 8 are still open with @ManlyMit and @bob dylan hoping to hang on with @Moondog @anthonyb1965 @swoop and @bones ready to pounce if they falter.

Some big names didn't perform and I'm beginning to rue the day I traded Jai Arrow back into my team. No significant injuries from the weekend as far as I know so trades not required this round if you are happy with your 17. Still struggling big time to get my CTW's firing though. The danger this time of year is motivation from NRL teams that are out of finals contention - can you trust the effort when there is nothing on the line.

Good luck all - choose your Captain wisely and pray your non playing reserves don't punch out a ton while siting on the bench. Commiserations to @EagleRock last years winner - who had 3 x 100 point payers getting splinters this week - gifting me a win.

The nightmare season continues @:D Congrats on the win

I've lost 3 games by less then 10 points. No chance of top 8 now.
Feels like being Ricky Stuart

Without this comp I would of hated NRL this year, so that's a positive, can't wait for next years comp
Those close losses are frustrating but it does make the comp a good one because there are no easy games. I got lucky this year with a few close ones when rescores went my way, otherwise I'd be missing the 8 too.

Been a very close comp !!
Cook has definitely been the standout player, closely followed by Ponga and GOD 2.0.

It makes this this forlorn Manly season bearable by having a bit of fun on the other games.

Ok so we are into finals time.

Minor premier was @EagleFlys, who stumbled in the last round but managed to hang on to first after a very consistent season, with only 4 losses. That's $100.00 coming your way

Highest score for the year was 1320 by @The Indian and his Funky Cold Medinas - there's $80.00 for your kitty. And still in with a shot of the big prize having finished top 4.

Thanks to @Ben @eagerbeaver @Merdy33 and @The McCarrs Creek Eagle for playing this season, but unfortunately you guys have missed the cut off for the plate final. It looks like @Ben clocked out early but I hope you other guys had fun this season. It's a very tough comp and you need a bit of luck to jag those close games. Look forward to seeing you back next year.

I'll post finals match ups a little later.

Thanks for organising and running it mate, still peeved I couldn't quite squeeze into the top 8, see how far I can get overall, sitting 550th

Thanks again

Thanks for organising and running it mate, still peeved I couldn't quite squeeze into the top 8, see how far I can get overall, sitting 550th

Thanks again

You scored the most points in the league pretty much, so just unlucky with match ups it seems. You're sitting inside the top 500 overall so good luck with the run home, see if you can score that keyring - plus you can still pick up the $80 for the plate final winner.

Thanks again

That is an amazing effort. Well done

And missing the the top 8, wow. And I thought I was unlucky as i was in the 8 but lost the last two rounds.

Finals series for the top 8 finishers as below. GF winner gets $500 and Runner Up gets $200.

@EagleFlys @The Indian @southsideeagle @anthonyb1965 @ManlyMit @robbiea @andyvb - ready to roll ??

scfinals.JPG

Have we kept a few trades up our sleeves people ?? No big name injuries from the weekend as far as I know - bit of a scare with Scam Smyth but seems he'll be OK.

As we saw on the weekend a lucky (smart) Captain choice can get you a valuable 80 - 100 points buffer. Most teams will have the same core dozen or so players, so that last 4 or 5 PODs could make the difference

Ok so we are into finals time.

Minor premier was @EagleFlys, who stumbled in the last round but managed to hang on to first after a very consistent season, with only 4 losses. That's $100.00 coming your way

Highest score for the year was 1320 by @The Indian and his Funky Cold Medinas - there's $80.00 for your kitty. And still in with a shot of the big prize having finished top 4.

Thanks to @Ben @eagerbeaver @Merdy33 and @The McCarrs Creek Eagle for playing this season, but unfortunately you guys have missed the cut off for the plate final. It looks like @Ben clocked out early but I hope you other guys had fun this season. It's a very tough comp and you need a bit of luck to jag those close games. Look forward to seeing you back next year.

I'll post finals match ups a little later.

I

Thanks again

I recall the game we had, and your team. I know you had a better team than me, but you didn't play GOD 2.0 and didn't match my Captain Cook. If you did you would probably have spanked me.
You definitely are the best player picker in the comp, and I reckon next year (if we are all around) you will be very hard to beat.

Well done on 550th - bloody good effort there.

Finals series for the top 8 finishers as below. GF winner gets $500 and Runner Up gets $200.

@EagleFlys @The Indian @southsideeagle @anthonyb1965 @ManlyMit @robbiea @andyvb - ready to roll ??

View attachment 9156

Have we kept a few trades up our sleeves people ?? No big name injuries from the weekend as far as I know - bit of a scare with Scam Smyth but seems he'll be OK.

As we saw on the weekend a lucky (smart) Captain choice can get you a valuable 80 - 100 points buffer. Most teams will have the same core dozen or so players, so that last 4 or 5 PODs could make the difference

Using my last remaining trade this week - Crocker to Ponga via Valentine. And I hope I have enough dual guns and nuffs to cover any injuries.
The only trade I didn't do, that I wanted to do was to get a nuff to ditch that ****house slime 2nd rower. 36 points for 80 mins is only marginally better than poo.

Thanks for organising.
After cruising for the first third of the season (I think I was 2nd for a few rounds) I copped every injury and suspension from then on. Plus a few bad buys and poor captains choices.
Anyway, good luck to those still in the running, and I'll be back.

Had a bit of luck with H2H matches during the league rounds but lucked out this weekend in the finals. Got the 2nd highest score of the top 8 teams, but I just so happened to be up against the highest scorer. Captain Tommy Turbo and his two bloody tries has cost me any further part, well done @ManlyMit .(bummer, I was peaking at the right time). Joining me on the sideline is @anthonyb1965 - well there's always next year.

Minor premier @EagleFlys got spanked and now goes into sudden death, i can only assume he played Widdop and AJ - both of whom were big time busts this weekend. No problem for second place @robbiea he gets the week off along with @The Indian . Other semi finalists are @southsideeagle and @andyvb

In the Plate Final @bob dylan punched out near enough to 1200 points to earn the week off. The other games were very close, less than 40 points between them all.

Good luck this weekend, not sure on everyone's trade situation, but there are a few high profile injuries - Ponga, Widdop, Johnston and Maloney that I know of - so having a trade or two up your sleeve may be the key to a victory.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8