2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As soon as the Panthers put the pressure on the Eels folded.

Great backline but maybe their forwards are more fragile than we thought!

That is the best team we can name at the moment. Would be happy with that 17
Yeah, I like the look of that side actually. Whilst I believe Sipley will prove good in the future, I do agree that he needs to earn a spot. Didn't earn it in the trials I guess. I'd have Hastings give Api a spell midway through the game at hooker. Help re-direct the side and keep the flow moving

The Eels are overrated, very much so. Panthers aren't world beaters and started poorly, yet managed to work their way back rather easily.

Too many penalty goals atm

If We can't beat the worst team of the last few years then we can't beat anyone. Parra will kill us.

If yesterday's Manly team played last years Newcastle team, there would not be 26,000 spectators. Manly would've roll them. The fact is, the Newcastle of 2018 has added plenty of players with plenty of NRL experience, from teams with moderate to successful teams; Pearce/Roosters, Griffin/Storm, Heighington/Sharks, Guerra/Roosters,QLD, Lillyman/QLD. It will be a different result when played at Brookie.

If yesterday's Manly team played last years Newcastle team, there would not be 26,000 spectators. Manly would've roll them. The fact is, the Newcastle of 2018 has added plenty of players with plenty of NRL experience, from teams with moderate to successful teams; Pearce/Roosters, Griffin/Storm, Heighington/Sharks, Guerra/Roosters,QLD, Lillyman/QLD. It will be a different result when played at Brookie.
By the time we play them again at Brookie we would hope to have a fit Walker back and a settled 5/8 into the team as well

01. Tom T
02. Uate
03. Parker
04. Kelly
05. Taufua
06. Croker
07. DCE
08. Taupau
09. Koroisau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Jake T

14. Hastings
15. Tanginoa
16. Perret
17. Lane

18. Lussick (if fit)

Don’t see why we have brown or Winterstein there. Bamboozles me!

Tom Trbojevic
Jorge Taufua
Joel Thompson
Brian Kelly
Akulia Uate
Jackson Hastings (he's in form)
Daly C-Evans
A. Fonua-Blake
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Curtis Sironen
Shaun Lane
Jake Trbojevic

Lloyd Perret
Kelepi Tanginoa
Jack Gosiewski
Tom Wright

Don’t be surprised if Lussick is on the extended bench this week coming. He’s ahead of schedule and I know he’d want to be out there against Parra after missing the game Rd 1 last year.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8