2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If We can't beat the worst team of the last few years then we can't beat anyone. Parra will kill us.
They used to be duds but now they are half roosters.Way better team than last year.We did OK,given Cherry could have won it 3 times

I don't think the Eels pack are premiership material. We have a better starting pack. The difference will probably be the intensity that the Eels pack play with...they come out angry and aggressive and play above their potential most weeks.

The Eels have a lot of speed in that backline. Even their halves have a bit of toe. We will need to be at our best to beat these slimy pricks. I think we can do it.
I dare say they are waaaay better coached than us.

Obvious changes - Matt Wright out
Uate - under pressure for his spot - he still can catch .
Brown and Winterstein a waste of time on bench - with better options available to make an impact - Perrett -in .

Just watching the Parra v Panthers game on tv and The Eels are ruthless . I cant see a weakness in them and we will have to be at the top of our game to compete with them .

Just watching the Parra v Panthers game on tv and The Eels are ruthless . I cant see a weakness in them and we will have to be at the top of our game to compete with them .

I’m not sure ( based on what I saw) that we are in the same league.

Long way to go in this game but they look very very slick at present!

We couldnt beat a fringe top 8 side, how will we go against a premiership contender next week. This season is going to be a long one@:cry:
We need to improve and in front of our home crowd our players have a point to prove .
Lets see what happens

Norman and Moses have been lethal.
Parra's dynamic halves don't give the opposition any breathing space .
When teams like us have only one dominant halve they become more predictable

I must be watching a different game, the only time make field position is from penalties and errors from Penrith. The forwards have been weak

Jorge had better be tied to the corner post in defence next week.:wait:

Parra are just strolling over for tries, as Mansour continues to run in like Jorge is want to do :cool:

Relentless is how is describe them, penalties or not.

Our forwards may hold their own but I reckon we should add another forward to the bench to ensure that happens.

And I don’t consider Brown a forward!

I must be watching a different game, the only time make field position is from penalties and errors from Penrith. The forwards have been weak
Andrew Johns the commentator is calling the same game and he said that Parra are very impressive

This is what I'm saying guys, we are going to get split like a peach, and we should all brace for that. If we can mitigate the damage for and against in the first 3-4 rounds, get Lussick and Walker back, we can then make our focus going on a run.

The amount of doubt that summons following losses on a forum are ridiculous and unwarranted. Manly's pack was not the issue, infact they dominated the pack of the Knights (and Roosters during trials). Our issue was failing to hold onto the ball and giving away penalties. The Knights got far far too many opportunities down our end and all the field position we had gained was often lost as a result of conceding an avoidable penalty or losing the ball due to rusty butter fingers.

We decide how far we go this season, and the Eels who are made to look good whilst beating a pathetic, lacklustre panthers side, are to be no threat to our chances if we don't make these costly errors. Our side is filled with stars, but what can you do when you throw away everything you gain during a game, WE beat ourselves against Newcastle. We can, and will beat Parramatta. And if we lose, it won't be us getting beaten by them, but us being beaten by us again. We have the side to go far this season, it'll take time sure, but if we hold onto the ball and play reasonably smart football, we should beat the Eels without too much trouble

Relentless is how is describe them, penalties or not.

Our forwards may hold their own but I reckon we should add another forward to the bench to ensure that happens.

And I don’t consider Brown a forward!
Sirro has played 5/8 for the tigers and any 5/8 can cover hooker and any mobile back rower like Sirro can cover centre . We have a starting utility in Sirro and we can pack our bench with punch with a stack of forwards .
What do you think Mark ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10