2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The amount of doubt that summons following losses on a forum are ridiculous and unwarranted. Manly's pack was not the issue, infact they dominated the pack of the Knights (and Roosters during trials). Our issue was failing to hold onto the ball and giving away penalties. The Knights got far far too many opportunities down our end and all the field position we had gained was often lost as a result of conceding an avoidable penalty or losing the ball due to rusty butter fingers.

We decide how far we go this season, and the Eels who are made to look good whilst beating a pathetic, lacklustre panthers side, are to be no threat to our chances if we don't make these costly errors. Our side is filled with stars, but what can you do when you throw away everything you gain during a game, WE beat ourselves against Newcastle. We can, and will beat Parramatta. And if we lose, it won't be us getting beaten by them, but us being beaten by us again. We have the side to go far this season, it'll take time sure, but if we hold onto the ball and play reasonably smart football, we should beat the Eels without too much trouble
Panthers are looking as good as Parra are allowing them to . I give credit to the Eels there .
The bench mark to our forwards are not the knights . Our bench mark are the dominant Eels .

I think our forwards will match it with them next week.

Our backs on the other hand are going to be up against it, will need some luck. As Bozo has mentioned, there halves are killing it. Dce really needs to step up and control his team. Tough game, at least it’s at home..

This is what I'm saying guys, we are going to get split like a peach, and we should all brace for that. If we can mitigate the damage for and against in the first 3-4 rounds, get Lussick and Walker back, we can then make our focus going on a run.

Eels are fantastic, yes a split peach is possible.

BUT, Rabbits were absolute crap yesterday and we haven’t seen the Raiders yet, so who knows we could be 2/4 and I’d be happy with that.

01. Tom T
02. Uate
03. Parker
04. Kelly
05. Taufua
06. Croker
07. DCE
08. Taupau
09. Koroisau
10. Fonua-Blake
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Jake T

14. Hastings
15. Tanginoa
16. Perret
17. Lane

18. Lussick (if fit)

Don’t see why we have brown or Winterstein there. Bamboozles me!

Eels are fantastic, yes a split peach is possible.

BUT, Rabbits were absolute crap yesterday and we haven’t seen the Raiders yet, so who knows we could be 2/4 and I’d be happy with that.
Your right , who knows ? Predicting results is like predicting the weather . Who would have thought the tigers with our very own discard Pita Godinet would beat the competitions favourites

we will struggle - parra are getting a huge leg up today and the panthers would not have the same red mark through their name that we do.

Best game plan to use is the GIO Raiders one.
Where we just kicked to get the ball away from their fast centres/wingers.

Stay in their half as much as possible :wait:

Our issue was failing to hold onto the ball and giving away penalties. The Knights got far far too many opportunities down our end and all the field position we had gained was often lost as a result of conceding an avoidable penalty or losing the ball due to rusty butter fingers.

Love the optimism, Harry, but what makes you think next week will be any different in the penalties/butter fingers departments? It's been killing us for years now. They've had all off season to work on the poor discipline and errors, and I'm sure Baz would have drilled it into the team before the Newcastle game: hold the ball, keep disciplined, don't beat ourselves. And look what they served up.
It sounds like an easy fix to us but it obviously isn't. Anyway, here's hoping they can do it, and do it consistently. We've got a reputation among refs as an ill-disciplined team now, and the reputation will take a while to shake.

Panthers are looking as good as Parra are allowing them to . I give credit to the Eels there .
The bench mark to our forwards are not the knights . Our bench mark are the dominant Eels .
Eels pack are definately better than that of the Knights, but i'd take Taupau, Tanginoa, AFB, Shaun Lane, Jake Trbojevic, Darcy Lussick and Joel Thompson over Alvaro, Mannah, Mau, Moireoa (however spelt), Brown and Matagi any day, any year, any second

I hope TBaz looks at the second half of the Panthers / Eels game and then the first half to see how NOT to play the Eels!

Eels are playing just like their 20's were in the GF last year. All fire for 20 minutes but once the boys tire and the ref stops blowing (think they were 5-1 early) they look beatable.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8