‘Show respect’: NRL’s message as Hasler, Manly face $25,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So v’landy’s passive aggressive stance on this bleats on about poor cummins, he has a family, blah, blah, blah. Well so does Des, his job/livelihood could be on the line for losing too many games through consistently getting dudded by the refs. Look at the whole picture v’landy, open your eyes and see where the real problems are

So v’landy’s passive aggressive stance on this bleats on about poor cummins, he has a family, blah, blah, blah. Well so does Des, his job/livelihood could be on the line for losing too many games through consistently getting dudded by the refs. Look at the whole picture v’landy, open your eyes and see where the real problems are
This is the reality. If Manly won the 2013 GF (which we should have) would Toovey have been sacked? I know that was all political, but it would’ve been much harder to sack a premiership winning coach (which Toovey deserved to be).

Des’ comments were fine. Certainly not as bad as other coaches during this year. But Aloiai wasn’t so deft with this remarks unfortunately ….

My biggest problem with this is that, if we were to get fined, we should have gone harder with what was said.
I agree, 2 points though, Abdog‘s letter said proposed fine and we have 5 days to respond.

So we have 2 options, 1 bend over and publicly apologise, say your right, no one should ever question the NRL or it’s officials, in spite of the obvious, the outcome a suspended or reduced fine and public exposure of our retraction.

2, we have the opportunity to do as you mention, go hard without an inch of regret, load up, smash the NRL with open controversy, outcome pay the fine and let the public stick some pressure on the the obviously crooked system.

Last edited:
I agree, 2 points though, Abdog‘s letter said proposed fine and we have 5 days to respond.

So we have 2 options, 1 bend over and publicly apologise, say your right, no one should ever question the NRL or it’s officials, even in spite of the obvious, the outcome a suspended or reduced fine and public exposure of our retraction.

2, we have the opportunity to do as you mention, go hard without an inch of regret, load up, smash the NRL with open controversy, outcome pay the fine and let the public stick some pressure on the the obviously crocked system.
Number 2!

Number 2!!!

It's gotta be number 2!!!!

We all have families too, why should all our families be stressed and depressed just because no one is allowed to criticise Cummins?

Would love to see the club provide to the NRL and the media a detailed rundown of every issue we had with Cummins' performance against the Eels - every dud penalty and six again as well as calls that weren't given to us - along with a similar rundown of previous games refereed by Cummins where we have suffered a similar fate.

The idea that this is whinging about a single "50/50" call that didn't go our way is ridiculous. It's a long-standing pattern, which makes it that much more difficult to excuse or explain.

Number 2!

Number 2!!!

It's gotta be number 2!!!!
Number 2 Peace GIF by Chloe Ting

So we have 2 options, 1 bend over and publicly apologise, say your right, no one should ever question the NRL or it’s officials, in spite of the obvious, the outcome a suspended or reduced fine and public exposure of our retraction.

2, we have the opportunity to do as you mention, go hard without an inch of regret, load up, smash the NRL with open controversy, outcome pay the fine and let the public stick some pressure on the the obviously crooked system.
number 2 waiting GIF by MOOT

Most people have a family, it's not an excuse for incompetence. V'landys is clutching at straws.

I agree, stick it to them, there is obviously public support and I think enough is enough, go soft and where does that get us.
The question is: Will the Penns have the intestinal fortitude -- and financial courage -- to support their club AND WE FANS?
Bozo's opinion of the Penns being in love with the club will be tested. Will they do the right thing, demand to see the 'objective' review of Cummins performance conducted by the referees' boss, and stand up to the NRL? Or will they bow to the communist regime and issue a grovelling apology?
If they do stand up to the NRL I'll be delighted, and it will chance my opinion of the Penns being only interested in the financial aspects of our club, not in winning matches.
I'm watching.

The question is: Will the Penns have the intestinal fortitude -- and financial courage -- to support their club AND WE FANS?
Bozo's opinion of the Penns being in love with the club will be tested. Will they do the right thing, demand to see the 'objective' review of Cummins performance conducted by the referees' boss, and stand up to the NRL? Or will they bow to the communist regime and issue a grovelling apology?
If they do stand up to the NRL I'll be delighted, and it will chance my opinion of the Penns being only interested in the financial aspects of our club, not in winning matches.
I'm watching.
Sounded like Wolman’s statement yesterday will be the last word from the Club (I actually mean the Penn claque) on this subject.

V’landys only has focus on his employees, everyone else is just cannon fodder.

As long as the broadcast rights, betting and merchandise revenues keep flowing in, everything else is just noise to be disregarded.

Are the NRL a bunch of fascists?

fascism /ˈfæˌʃɪzəm/ noun
Britannica Dictionary definition of FASCISM
[noncount]
or Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

the rise of Fascism in Europe before World War II

: very harsh control or authority

corporate fascism

— fascist or Fascist /ˈfæʃɪst/ noun, plural fascists [count]

notorious fascists

— fascist or Fascist adjective

a Fascist state

— fascistic or Fascistic /fæˈʃɪstɪk/ adjective [more fascistic; most fascistic]

a fascistic organization

It all sounds very familiar to me.

fascism /ˈfæˌʃɪzəm/ noun
[noncount]
or Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government

corporate fascism

notorious fascists

a Fascist state

a fascistic organization

I doubt the majority of them even know what it means or could spell it.

V’landys only has focus on his employees, everyone else is just cannon fodder.

As long as the broadcast rights, betting and merchandise revenues keep flowing in, everything else is just noise to be disregarded.
As well as presiding in NSW over that exercise in animal cruelty masquerading as a ‘sport,’ horse racing. Does Slick G’reekys ever consider the welfare of the horses?

Lip service only.

fascism /ˈfæˌʃɪzəm/ noun
[noncount]

corporate fascism

notorious fascists

a Fascist state

a fascistic organization

So we should refer to him as Peter Vargas.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2