‘Show respect’: NRL’s message as Hasler, Manly face $25,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great article by Dean Ritchie in today’s telegraph, fully supporting the coaches and sticking it to the nrl. Totally unbiased opinion as he adds that he Has never been Manly supporter or never will, but we were seriously dudded in the parra game. Someone with access rights to the article should post it. Apologies but I read it in the actual paper rather than online
We were also duped 2 tries for the purplescum that should never have been.
A clear obstruction on Garrick that gets pulled up every other day and Kaufusi playing the ball facing the sideline.

The question is: Will the Penns have the intestinal fortitude -- and financial courage -- to support their club AND WE FANS?
Bozo's opinion of the Penns being in love with the club will be tested. Will they do the right thing, demand to see the 'objective' review of Cummins performance conducted by the referees' boss, and stand up to the NRL? Or will they bow to the communist regime and issue a grovelling apology?
If they do stand up to the NRL I'll be delighted, and it will chance my opinion of the Penns being only interested in the financial aspects of our club, not in winning matches.
I'm watching.
No they won't. I've heard that Scott Penn has basically told Des to pull his head in.

I agree, 2 points though, Abdog‘s letter said proposed fine and we have 5 days to respond.

So we have 2 options, 1 bend over and publicly apologise, say your right, no one should ever question the NRL or it’s officials, in spite of the obvious, the outcome a suspended or reduced fine and public exposure of our retraction.

2, we have the opportunity to do as you mention, go hard without an inch of regret, load up, smash the NRL with open controversy, outcome pay the fine and let the public stick some pressure on the the obviously crooked system.
What a great post... but, guess what our club did?

Not acceptable in my mind. Referees are not Koalas. Like everyone else in the game they must be made accountable and just like others in the game, transparently accountable, that is able to be seen by the public. They aren't doing the job as a charity. They are well paid in a business

This hidden behind closed doors behaviour with nothing more than a rationalising comments from the ref or NRL boss encourages collusion and eventually corruption. Certainly its important to show respect, but to be punished for publicly questioning a performance is something I would expect from Chairman Xi or President Putin. Without the right to question, we lose the fundamental of democracy

Well they just pointed out that 3 storm tries should've been pulled up and disallowed. It wasn't the difference because we were bloody awful but is Analsley going to justify those 3 horrendous decisions this week seeing the NaziRugbaLeague have gagged all speech thought.

I didn't know whether to start a new thread or just add it to this thread but, here is a compilation image of our games so far this year showing Match Officials, Penalties Conceded, Set Restarts Awarded and Send Offs/Sin Bins/On Report:

2022 Manly NRL Game Referees.jpg

So far, after 12 Rounds, Manly has conceded:

71 Penalties
47 Set Restarts

That's an average of approximately 5.9 Penalties & 3.9 Set Restarts per Game that Manly are giving away. Whether that is the fault of the Referees or Manly themselves or a mixture of both, I will leave that up to you.

Not included in the pic are the Errors

Round 1 - 8 Errors.
Round 2 - 9 Errors.
Round 3 - 18 Errors.
Round 4 - 9 Errors.
Round 5 - 11 Errors.
Round 6 - 7 Errors.
Round 7 - 13 Errors.
Round 8 - 11 Errors.
Round 9 - 10 Errors.
Round 10 - 12 Errors.
Round 11 - 7 Errors.
Round 12 - 10 Errors.

That is a total of 125 Errors or an average of approximately 10.4 Errors per game.

I watch as many games as I can manage and that's most of them.
I find myself getting infuriated watching the referees and the bunker making ridiculously incorrect decisions.
Everyone else can see what has happened, why can't they see the same reality.
The reality is that the referees are the ones that should be showing respect to THE GAME, THE PLAYERS, THE COACHES AND OF COURSE, THE FANS.
It has been my opinion for many years, that referees should be fined $$ for making errors.
It's the referees that bring the game into disrepute not the Coaches.
The Coach is pointing to an injustice that has taken place.

The NRL is saying that Coaches and Players don't have the right to Freedom of Speech.

There's no libel or slander involved in what Coaches say post match, they are only pointing out discrepancies in refereeing decisions.

It's the NRL and the referees who are at fault and they are bringing my game, our game, into disrepute.

Hey, @Ryan .. instead of organizing a torch and pitchfork march on headquarters ... you should organize a GoFundMe to pay for Dessie's fines .. and tell him to let rip .

Would also embarrass that muppet Penn into supporting him.
We will need a poll for that can double as a petition

Hey, @Ryan .. instead of organizing a torch and pitchfork march on headquarters ... you should organize a GoFundMe to pay for Dessie's fines .. and tell him to let rip .

Would also embarrass that muppet Penn into supporting him.

Right now, all I'm thinking about is where I should send the case of beer mate :)

Referee claims NRL fine system a revenue raiser
Yahoo Sports Australia spoke to a number of referees and referee associations and found there was no real link between what is said at NRL press conferences and what transpires in park football.

Many did not want to go on the record for fear of a "please explain" call from the NRL – "I don’t want to have to explain myself to them. It's not worth it," one ex-NRL whistle-blower told us – but the head of the Brisbane Rugby League Referees Association was happy to talk.

Alan Reese, who has spent a lifetime with a whistle around his neck or mentoring young refs, oversees 350 match officials in one of Australia's largest junior rugby league regions.

He sees the NRL's fines system as not much more than a revenue raiser.

"I don't see any correlation between the two to be perfectly honest," Reese said when asked whether fining NRL coaches helped the cause of junior officials.

Marty couldn't believe they gave the try, he was so happy, he couldn't get that massive grin of his face.
Plus, he has avoided the Nudie Run.
Go Marty!!
Go Manly!!
In the play before Garrick should have got a penalty try imo..the bunker said that it was not a penalty try due to the warriors defender's proximity to the ball ( the one who grounded it). The only reason for his proximity to the ball was because Garrick was held back. Didn't make sense to me. So i think Marty's try was a square up.

Just like everybody on this Forum, I watch the games like a hawk.
Every nuance and minor detail are not minor at all when they affect the outcome of a game.
When the Officials miss a forward pass or a knock-on or any error in fact, the attacking team goes on to score a try.
That boils my blood.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most important aspect of Rugby League, is that the ball is passed backwards. Right?
Why can't they be ruled on and checked and the play brought back to where the forward pass took place.
Every game I watch, I can see multiple forward passes.
The forward pass in the 2013 Grand Final could be seen from outer space.
Houston we have a problem.
What is the problem?
The Sea Eagles are being ' robbed ' of another fair victory, this time in the most important game of the year.
Is there any justice in the world?
Not from where I'm sitting.
Where are you sitting?
Oh, I'm at home on the lounge.
O.K. Carry on.............

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10