‘Show respect’: NRL’s message as Hasler, Manly face $25,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’d suggest a “GoFundMe” page just so fans can make a point to the NRL but the NRL would miss that point and after the last few weeks performances,selections and the fact they make enough money to cover it,not sure anyone would bother contributing

So what is ‘the level of professionalism we expect in Rugby League’ then?

Because from what I see, it’s fine to let drunks, drug users, women abusers, etc play football, but a coach questioning his teams loss is suddenly unprofessional?

The NRL can get absolutely fcked.

So Des needs to put together a whole bunch of examples in the parra game that were totally biased against us and ask for an explanation. The nrl can roll out their bs line of ‘no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes’ but they seriously cannot explain away so many mistakes in one game and say that cummins is both competent and unbiased. One or two issues in a game I will cop, but that game was the biggest farce going

Des’ comments were fine. Certainly not as bad as other coaches during this year. But Aloiai wasn’t so deft with this remarks unfortunately ….

My biggest problem with this is that, if we were to get fined, we should have gone harder with what was said.

The salary for a top NRL referee is $300k

do-me-fook-mi.gif

Sign me up three times then!

300k, wow.

Des’ comments were fine. Certainly not as bad as other coaches during this year. But Aloiai wasn’t so deft with this remarks unfortunately ….

My biggest problem with this is that, if we were to get fined, we should have gone harder with what was said.
I missed Aloiai’s comments so I’ll pass on referencing them. However, I just wanted to pick up on the point you alluded to re other coaches this year. How can they fine us $25,000 given the comments made by both Holbrook and Peyton earlier in the year about certain clubs being favoured? I was far more shocked by (and happy to hear) those comments than what Des said. Those comments were pretty direct and clear, questioning the integrity of the NRL favouring certain powerbroker teams and not giving the same treatment to other clubs.

300k, wow.
Apart from politicians, maybe refereeing is one of the most despised professions? They certainly need to be thick skinned. I think they have the same working year as the players, involving daily training & preparation in various ways. This is a video of one aspect of training

I missed Aloiai’s comments so I’ll pass on referencing them. However, I just wanted to pick up on the point you alluded to re other coaches this year. How can they fine us $25,000 given the comments made by both Holbrook and Peyton earlier in the year about certain clubs being favoured? I was far more shocked by (and happy to hear) those comments than what Des said. Those comments were pretty direct and clear, questioning the integrity of the NRL favouring certain powerbroker teams and not giving the same treatment to other clubs.
That's obviously different but the themes are identical to what Des said, maybe the NRL has a "tip sheet" for each coach with a separate list for untouchables and others.

As for "comments which question the integrity and competence of our officials" so the reality is they are untouchable regardless of performance.

If you were earning 300K+ in the REAL world and continually put in substandard performances you would be sacked or end up on a PIP which leads to being sacked if you don't improve.

What's the point of having a press conference when you can't discuss the incidents in games
Des and Cherry should not turn up anymore just send a staffer to agree with what the journos ask

Maybe Des and Cherry should do every upcoming press conference by just responding to every question with "No Comment".

It would be hard for the NRL to fine them but I'm sure they would find a way.

Well it's not all dome and gloom hopefully, you would have to think it's Cummins's last game officiating another Manly game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8