‘Show respect’: NRL’s message as Hasler, Manly face $25,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well it's not all dome and gloom hopefully, you would have to think it's Cummins's last game officiating another Manly game.
For the time being.

Love to see what happens when Parramatta ‘push the envelope’ at some future point and are heavily penalised.

I wonder what Ann E. Sley will have to say then?

As for Abdo, he probably went to the same school as Wolman, Manly’s faceless interim CEO.

Perhaps this is the catalyst for the refs getting a rocket up them from Annesley?

There's been more, sustained bad press about the howler Cummins had last week in the media than I remember happening before, maybe Des has played a blinder here & $25k is worth finally shining a light on the cockroaches in control of our game?

Look at how feral Des looks in this pic they used in one of the articles!!!

I used to have a decrepit possum living in my backyard who looked like that HEHEHE

"SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!!!"

20220527_131122.jpg

I missed Aloiai’s comments so I’ll pass on referencing them. However, I just wanted to pick up on the point you alluded to re other coaches this year. How can they fine us $25,000 given the comments made by both Holbrook and Peyton earlier in the year about certain clubs being favoured? I was far more shocked by (and happy to hear) those comments than what Des said. Those comments were pretty direct and clear, questioning the integrity of the NRL favouring certain powerbroker teams and not giving the same treatment to other clubs.
Completely agree. And Robinson’s comments re JWH and Sutton were more direct as well (and true).

Perhaps this is the catalyst for the refs getting a rocket up them from Annesley?

There's been more, sustained bad press about the howler Cummins had last week in the media than I remember happening before, maybe Des has played a blinder here & $25k is worth finally shining a light on the cockroaches in control of our game?

Look at how feral Des looks in this pic they used in one of the articles!!!

I used to have a decrepit possum living in my backyard who looked like that HEHEHE

"SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!!!"

View attachment 21220
Looks a bit like Mel Gibson having a rant..lol.

I missed Aloiai’s comments so I’ll pass on referencing them. However, I just wanted to pick up on the point you alluded to re other coaches this year. How can they fine us $25,000 given the comments made by both Holbrook and Peyton earlier in the year about certain clubs being favoured? I was far more shocked by (and happy to hear) those comments than what Des said. Those comments were pretty direct and clear, questioning the integrity of the NRL favouring certain powerbroker teams and not giving the same treatment to other clubs.
Neither Holbook Payton nor Des questioned referee integrity.

The first 2 certainly stated that the leading teams and high profile players get the rub of the green but did not imply it was due to corruption, obviously an unconscious (and entirely natural) bias can produce exactly that effect.

Des didn't even go that far. To say the expression 'legged' them up implied an attack on Cummins' integrity is simply wrong, it is merely a reference to the fact that penalties do give teams a leg up, that is the whole point of penalties - even when they are correctly awarded. Des was scathing about the competence, so was Aloia (several days later, which probably didn't endear us to the NRL) but imo it's still wrong to say integrity came under attack.

GOOD - we should be focusing on our OWN **** performance & game before looking at excuses and reasons to blame everyone else, which seems to be the standard strategy by our club and fans.

WE - NEED - CHANGE !!!

The NRL refereeing is either corrupt or incompetent. Either way I'm drawing pretty close to being done with the whole sport, they won't see a dollar from me any time soon and at the rate they're going they'll lose my eyeballs too.

The NRL refereeing is either corrupt or incompetent. Either way I'm drawing pretty close to being done with the whole sport, they won't see a dollar from me any time soon and at the rate they're going they'll lose my eyeballs too.

Yeah didn’t watch a single second of the two games played tonight (haven’t even looked at the scores). I won’t be watching any other games this weekend too. It’s become too corrupt.

Last edited:
The NRL has become a Communist State.
You are not allowed to say what you feel, and they are not prepared to tell you what they know.
Where is the "review" that the NRL did on Cummings' performance? Why can't we see it? What are they hiding?
If it was a glowing review I'd like to read it.... I need a good laugh.

Great article by Dean Ritchie in today’s telegraph, fully supporting the coaches and sticking it to the nrl. Totally unbiased opinion as he adds that he Has never been Manly supporter or never will, but we were seriously dudded in the parra game. Someone with access rights to the article should post it. Apologies but I read it in the actual paper rather than online

Well it certainly sounds like that if Manly respond to the breach notice with a not guilty, they're "definitely" going to get a fair hearing seeing as uncle nicks best mate v'lameday and generic knock off aldi have both come out and hammered Des already.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8