‘Show respect’: NRL’s message as Hasler, Manly face $25,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the play before Garrick should have got a penalty try imo..the bunker said that it was not a penalty try due to the warriors defender's proximity to the ball ( the one who grounded it). The only reason for his proximity to the ball was because Garrick was held back. Didn't make sense to me. So i think Marty's try was a square up.
That's right Spartan. Crazy 'interpretation ' of the rule.

Martys "try" was a farcical decision.

Possibly the worst decision all year, and its a very, very hot field.
Don't know how you can say it was a farcical decision, the ref was right there and gave the try.
It's only got to brush a blade of white grass for it to be a try and the bunker had no "proof" to the contrary to overturn it.
True, on all probability it didn't touch the line but we'll never know and l don't recall any of the Warriors players blowing up about it.
Don't get me wrong, l don't think he got there but at least the ref made a decision, and he had the best view of it, would've been worse if Marty got up celebrating and the ref said no - the bunker would've backed it up too.

It's not an ideal system but at least it wasn't down to something that we could all see, like a knock on or offside and they ruled the other way.

Last edited:
Show some fuking professionalism you pack of gormless c***s and then the players and coaches won't have anything to complain about. Bust your guts for 80 mins only to have a bunch of incompetent or agenda driven clowns take it away from you. What the fuk do they expect. Nothing will change , we'll continue to get ref arse raped at every opportunity.
I particularly like the 'agenda driven clowns '
Even as a very young boy growing up in Forestville as a Ferret, I got the distinct feeling that
Keith Page was refereeing against my Manly boys in club matches.
Yet, in the '72 & '73 Grand Finals which Manly won, he was refereeing those matches.

Though as I've said a million times, a footy team has to beat/overcome bias refereeing.
I'd have to do a DAVID MIDDLETON and check all the Manly games for the times Manly won the game yet lost the penalty count.

I remember Terry Randall and his killer illegal tackles, John ' elbows ' Harvey running with his lethal elbows smashing the defenders. Malcolm Reilly trying to kill the opposition with his brutality. Watmough with his eyes rolling into the back of his head causing chaos and mayhem,
John Gray not only kicked goals, he kicked ass, baby face Les Boyd was lethal and just a little insane,
Ron Gibbs did some damage, Kevin Ward loved some argy bargy, Ian Roberts was hard as nails, Mark Carroll could run through a wall, David 'Cement ' Gillespie, Steve Matai could cut a player in half, Darcy Lussick was a maniac,
Allan Thomson ( my 3rd Grade Teacher ) used to come into class on a Monday morning with a broken nose, blackeyes and a cheeky grin on his face.
These are just a few Manly players I recall that did a lot of damage and got penalised for trying to destroy their opposition. I'm sure I've missed a few.

Col Pearce seemed to give us a fair go, Keith Holman was OK.

Some referees are blatantly bias, just as some commentators are.
Reading between the lines ( as I do ) I've noticed that Brad Fittler is anti-Manly and Joey Johns is a card carrying Manly supporter.

Go Manly!!!!!

Don't know how you can say it was a farcical decision, the ref was right there and gave the try.
It's only got to brush a blade of white grass for it to be a try and the bunker had no "proof" to the contrary to overturn it.
True, on all probability it didn't touch the line but we'll never know and l don't recall any of the Warriors players blowing up about it.
Don't get me wrong, l don't think he got there but at least the ref made a decision, and he had the best view of it, would've been worse if Marty got up celebrating and the ref said no - the bunker would've backed it up too.

It's not an ideal system but at least it wasn't down to something that we could all see, like a knock on or offside and they ruled the other way.
I think it touched the line when he was transitioning to standing up to play the ball, so the ref must not have called held yet. The replays don’t go to that point.

I think it touched the line when he was transitioning to standing up to play the ball, so the ref must not have called held yet. The replays don’t go to that point.
It didn't look like a try on TV but the ref was literally a metre away staring closely at it. The main thing that made it appear suss was the fact Marty didn't even realise! He may have had his eyes shut bracing for contact at the critical moment when the ball nuzzled the line. I thought it was a great decision, and a sign of real professional growth for that ref!

It didn't look like a try on TV but the ref was literally a metre away staring closely at it. The main thing that made it appear suss was the fact Marty didn't even realise! He may have had his eyes shut bracing for contact at the critical moment when the ball nuzzled the line. I thought it was a great decision, and a sign of real professional growth for that ref!
Aha, but if you watch Marty just before he stands up he is looking up at the ref and is saying something to him. I’m pretty sure Marty realised he was at least very close, but was probably surprised to get the result.

So.... I guess to be consistent the rorters will be getting a letter?
Though uncle nick will reply via a brown paper bag.

“That was just a horrible decision,” Robinson said.
“We shouldn't let a try in on the end of it, but there were so many poor decisions tonight.”
“Same referee last week and there were 30-odd offsides and a 3-1 penalty count,” Robinson said.
“Then every opportunity (tonight), the Sammy Verrills one, we also had the Crichton sin-binning... we’re not playing rugby union. Stop the game and send him to the bin, you don’t give them opportunities.
“It wasn’t a good enough performance tonight (from Sutton). They’re big decisions that you can’t get wrong and it wasn’t good enough.”

Robinson said.
“We shouldn't let a try in on the end of it, but there were so many poor decisions tonight.”
That is Right Robbo , Your team let that try in and not the ref

And if your team did not make as many during that game

you may had a better chance of finishing the game as winners

Robbo , You are a pathetic whinging red white and blue Cock

1656780918436.png

From the article above, robbo said...

“It wasn’t a good enough performance from him (Sutton) but that’s ... you still should be in a position ... it’s not going to happen in Roosters colours. That’s not bias, that’s a fact,” Robinson said.

There's nothing cryptic about the whole speech.

When Des said his comments, which were quite a bit less inflammatory, v'lameday, albo, and especially annesley all stood on their soap boxes and went on and on and on about how everyone, especially coaches, need to stop criticising the refs. Annesley mentioned it in approx 4 consecutive 'weakly' reports.

So...It doesn't matter if todd's touch footie daughter doesn't mind, or someone gazed into robbo's eyes to judge his character, action should be taken because:
1 - robbo has been fined before, and
2 - the nrl has said enough is enough, stop it or else!

Now I'm no fan of the sutton 'cartel' but the nrl has drawn the line, time to prove it wasn't in soft sand, but in concrete. If they hadn't come out and said 'last warning, refs' I dunno if I'd really make much out of the comments, but again, the nrl said stop...Robbo didn't.

P.S: lol @ robbo trying to make out the rorters don't get the calls from the refs.

it’s not going to happen in Roosters colours. That’s not bias, that’s a fact,” Robinson said.

If face like puke said that he has got to be facing another big fine. While I agree the refs were fukin disgraceful, he can't say that and get away with it.

As a doggies supporting mate of mine put it "welcome to the bottom 8" (as refs referree you differently when your team name is not Storm, Eels, Souffs or Panthers).

Verrills getting penalised for tackling too low was farcical.

The most interesting thing to me was Robbos comments regarding "the same ref last week had 30 offsides in his game, and only had a penalty count of 3-1. This week it was different"

Now that tells me two things...Robbo is watching tape, as they all do, and looking for ways to bend the rules as far as humanly possible, as they all do....so I've got little sympathy for him.

It also re-confirms that the only consistent thing in the NRL is the extreme inconsistency.

Cows not binding in scrums at all and getting away with it.

The Cows not binding in the scrum meant DCE faced with a backrower decided to run sideways and got crunched. No review of the Cows try included looking at the scrum.

Last night the Cows got two more tries by having their lock pick the ball up at the back of the scrum. Problem is at no time was the lock ever bound into the scrum in the first place. The ball gets out much quicker if you allow that, plus the Broncos backrow are still bound. Both tries reviewed, but no one cared about how the Cows were bound at the scrum.

Last edited:
I am no fan of Robinson but the odds are well stacked against the refs. Almost every week a coach complains but the nrl are tone deaf and will only see fault in the coaches and never the precious refs

I watched the game and thought the Roosters got the rub of the green
  • A try from a clear obstruction
  • A try from a clear knock on
  • They were offside virtually the entire time they had Crichton in the sin bin.
  • They were holding down all night with flops almost every 2nd tackle.

Was the Verrils penalty soft? yes. Was it incorrect? no, the player went past the horizontal in the tackle making the decision technically correct.
Should Crichton have been sin binned immediately? I didnt think the refs had scope to allow for an advantage the way Sutton applied it. Did the 3 tackle delay here outweigh the above? no

If Robinson doesnt get fined Manly should complain and seek to get their $25k back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6